Broken cola

Ralleygirl23

My plant has recently out grown her box so I made her a new one considerably larger well she has outgrown that I went to bend the main stem a little to train her to grow the other way and snapped the top cola it didn't snap all the way off and when I sat it back up straight it still stood on its own, I took a kabob skewer and zip tied it a few times will this help it heal and form that hard knuckle like it should or will she die?

My plant has recently out grown her box so I made her a new one considerably larger well she has outgrown that I went to bend the main stem a little to train her to grow the other way and snapped the top cola it didn't snap all the way off and when I sat it back up straight it still stood on its own, I took a kabob skewer and zip tied it a few times will this help it heal and form that hard knuckle like it should or will she die?

It should recover give it time . Just might at by a bit put plant behind a bit bit should heal .

Once they go into Flower best not to transplant or try to train them, sometimes you have to stake them up as they get too heavy and might break themselves, but otherwise IMHO best to let them do their thing at that point. Electrical tape works too as kinda seals it like a bandaid and allows it to heal (more flexible than other tapes, so like if still in Veg allows plant stem to get bigger to a point and not restrict it).

Give it a week and cut the zip ties off. Like Dwight said the stem needs room to move and grow. I have had grows where I had to bend the whole cola over because they got to tall. While this is not optimum it is ok. Just work the branch like you would for super cropping then just slowly lean it over.
So don't worry if a branch or top is not broke completely off it is savable.

Back
Top Bottom