Broken link in menu

When I try to access the ‘introduce yourself’ area under the forum drop down it gives an error message. To access it I have to click on 420 forums and then click on introduce yourself from that page. Not a big deal. Just 1 extra step but wasn’t sure if y’all were aware! Thanks!

If you mean the link under the 420 Forums heading, I just tried it. It works for me. It might have been quickly fixed or something, IDK. But this is the actual link:
Code:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/introduce-yourself.42/
which appears to be identical to the one in the main forum to that section.

EDIT: Are you seeing a different web address when you check the link (not click on it, but just check to see what the link is)?

I use an iPhone. When I try to click on it from the menu dropdown
BA82EA92-9A55-4E66-BB6B-F5BE83B89546.png
it doesn’t work. Says Oops, the page wasn’t found. But if I click on 420 forums above that it takes me to the forum landing page and I can click on introduce yourself from there and it works.

This bug is confirmed:

I use an iPhone. When I try to click on it from the menu dropdown
BA82EA92-9A55-4E66-BB6B-F5BE83B89546.png
it doesn’t work. Says Oops, the page wasn’t found. But if I click on 420 forums above that it takes me to the forum landing page and I can click on introduce yourself from there and it works.

Now this is interesting. I don't have access to an Apple phone. But I just used a sandboxed Google Chrome setup to request the mobile version of the website, then told it to mimic an iPhone X, and hit the link via the drop-down menu.

And saw the "Oops, we ran into some problems" dialog. (My apologies for thinking this one had been fixed, BtW.)

It appears that the two links are NOT the same. While I cannot swear to it because I'm using a laptop and (different) software to try to get the same view/version that you are getting naturally, the fact that it pooched on me, too, makes me think I'm seeing the same exact failure that you are.

The (mobile version of the) forum is attempting to load this link:
Code:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/Introduce%20Yourself
instead of this one:
Code:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/introduce-yourself.42/

Which is obviously a discrepancy between the desktop and mobile versions of the forum. I hope this helps the webmaster straighten the issue out.

Out of curiosity, do all the other links you have access to via your mobile device appear to function correctly?

All the ones I use regularly work ok. Only other issue I’ve had is occasionally when I try to post I get a message telling me I have to wait so many seconds. No biggie except when it says like 30 seconds. That’s a bit long to wait to post. Usually it happens when I post something back to Back rather quickly.

All the ones I use regularly work ok. Only other issue I’ve had is occasionally when I try to post I get a message telling me I have to wait so many seconds. No biggie except when it says like 30 seconds. That’s a bit long to wait to post. Usually it happens when I post something back to Back rather quickly.
That's to avoid spambots busting out 100 posts or even more

When I try to access the ‘introduce yourself’ area under the forum drop down it gives an error message. To access it I have to click on 420 forums and then click on introduce yourself from that page. Not a big deal. Just 1 extra step but wasn’t sure if y’all were aware! Thanks!
Thank you, Mr Magoo. I'm surprised that you could notice that with your eyesight.

I've called in the tech team and will update here when it's fixed.

Appreciate your report. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom