Brown/black spots, leaf curling

Konvict

In a previous post that i stated that i was in the beginning of week 6 veg and i wanted to top them. well i woke up today and saw that my leaves were curling inwards... lengthwise along the leaf... and there were small blackish brown spots... ive only fed it twice using fox farm grow big. 1.5tsp/gallon.

I know that 1.5 is weaker than what i want to go, but my local horticulturist said to feed them at half strength for a whole gallon... Im assuming its either a pH imbalance or nute lock up...

Grow Specs...
Seed: 4 bagseed
Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Nutes: Fox Farm Grow Big
Lights: 2x 42W CFL (blue spectrum)

bump... i need help

i shall report on that later... im headed out to the store today to get a pH reader... but in other related news, new growth is appearing on the damaged plants.

what does the lime do? also how would i apply that i havent worked with lime before.

Dolomitic lime has been used extensively in agriculture to maintain ph stability. It is normally used as an amendment to the soil when you are preparing your planting mix. It can be added (top dressed) later, if desired. DO NOT use hydrated lime. Powdered lime is preferable, but pelletized will work. For cannabis, use 1/3 cup of lime to each gallon of planting mix. Also, if you are going to check your soil ph, do not attempt to test the soil. Soil ph is measured by checking the runoff. :)

Dolomitic lime has been used extensively in agriculture to maintain ph stability. It is normally used as an amendment to the soil when you are preparing your planting mix. It can be added (top dressed) later, if desired. DO NOT use hydrated lime. Powdered lime is preferable, but pelletized will work. For cannabis, use 1/3 cup of lime to each gallon of planting mix. Also, if you are going to check your soil ph, do not attempt to test the soil. Soil ph is measured by checking the runoff. :)

Hey Hogdady,

Have you always used 1/3 cup of dolomite lime per gallon? That is much more than I usually see recommended. I'd like to learn more...

Hey Hogdady,

Have you always used 1/3 cup of dolomite lime per gallon? That is much more than I usually see recommended. I'd like to learn more...

No, not at all. Musta been a senior moment. I use 3 tbsp per gallon, or a cup per cubic foot. Thx for catchin' that!

No, not at all. Musta been a senior moment. I use 3 tbsp per gallon, or a cup per cubic foot. Thx for catchin' that!

No problem bro, happens to the best! One cup per cubic foot is what most of the books say, but I've seen some people use more, and I'm always trying to learn.
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom