Brown edges during flowering

NwGrowers206

I'll get a picture and post it as soon as possible, thanks for any advice! I'm using fox farms nutrients. I havedone some research and I think maybe nutrient burn? It's my first grow and I have no real idea what's going on.

IMG_20151209_195919.jpg

1000 watt cfl, in flowering stage about a month, space queen. And I'm embarrassed to say I dont remember the soil. But i know it it was an organic with no added nutrients.

Going out on a limb here.

I bet that is a lower leaf that is not getting light. I bet the plant decided it isn't worth keeping it around and is using up whats there. It looks very marginally like the beginnings of minor Nitrogen deficiency but more like the type near end of bloom when the plant is taking it back. This can happen to shaded leaves that are not helping anymore.

If that leaf was in the clear and getting good light how far into bloom are you? Can you take a pic of the overall plant and a close up of a bud closest to that leaf sight? Are others doing this?

I agree not enough info really but the closest thing to me that looks like is wasting from a leaf that the plant is discarding.

If that be the case you can add some sugars to help things along. If you are in mid to late bloom you should be on the sugar wagon anyway unless you messed it up and are not able to push out high yield.

:goodluck:

Are you following the Fox Farm feeding schedule? I have found that( depending on soil nutrients) that it usually better to use 1/2 the recommended dose.

If that leaf is a fan leaf down low or middle of the plant I wouldn't worry to much as that is normal.

Any pics of the whole plant? That would really be helpful as to the over all health of the plant.

I'll take a few more pics. There were several leaves like this and worse, but for the most part definitely in good light contact.

I'll take a few more pics. There were several leaves like this and worse, but for the most part definitely in good light contact.

Looking good:thumb:. Looks like a little to much light on top and not enough penetrating the lower end due to foliage. If it were me I'd thin the lower and middle of the plant and pull the tops down a bit.JMO

Looks like your going to have some nice nugs regardless.

Sweet! If so thats definitely an easy fix. The whole fox farms worries me. I just read it can lower the pH of your water considerably?!? Also if anything as they have grown I started edging between normal and heavy feeding with the mix directions.

So I think there were a few questions that were asked...I would like to see the pics posted.

Likely you have a pH problem because the one pic I have seen is showing multiple deficiencies. That is why I assumed it was wasting from a lower leaf. You may even be dealing with lockout. That does not look like an abundance issue and again it is multiple ones.

Since we don't know what the medium (I am assuming some form of Hydro) and since we don't know the type of Hydro and we don't know the additives you are using beyond base nutes and we don't have 3 days of res measurements it is hard to diagnose from the one fan leaf you have offered.

When was the last time you calibrated your pH pen?

Some people have dared to click the link and they say it is just wasting from late bloom I think. If that is so it wont get better but you can add "sugars" to help slow it down and finish off the grow and get out all the remaining nutes.

The old school way and cheap way is to go get the right kind of molasses and break it down for the plant but you can go to any hydro store and ask for a pre-broken down sugar and they will guide you. every manufacture of nutrients has a broken down molasses in a bottle because it is foolish to try and grow weed without it. Ever since they realized the flowers are where its at people have been finishing off with molasses because that is just well understood horticulture practices.

So the photos are there and I see nothing to change my mind. There are signs of multiple deficiencies. The two most common reasons for many deficiencies are either a very bad pH so nutes can't absorb, or late stage bloom where the plant is using up the leaves as they are not being used anymore. A less common one is fungus gnats as they will destroy the roots and nothing gets up but the plant usually shows signs of under watering first.

I see deficiencies in Phosphorus, Magnesium, Potassium. Those are the first thing the plant steal from leaves that are not being used anymore

You had Nute burn a long time ago and that and or something else caused stunting which was recovered from and then you had stretching.

But beyond that I think you have normal end of life wasting happening.

Add sugars...

Types Of Molasses Fertilizer & Tips For Using Molasses In Gardens

Sweet Organic Goodness - Magical Molasses

or if you want to just buy some premade

Amazon: Sugaree, Quart

1666926980013.png

:goodluck:

Here look at the plants in this post. Those are considered Awesome...look at the leaves.

A-Train's Advanced Autoflower Feed Schedlue

For a first grow yours aint bad.

So I have been adjusting and checking the ph before watering. But I read fox farms lowers ph by a ton, so im scared I have been lowering the ph too much when I feed them for a while!!! Aghhh. I'll get sugars first thing in the morning, beyond that should I check which nutes have high phosphorus magnesium and potassium and try to fix it? Or is it already too late. BTW thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom