Brown slime in res

ramstimple

Purple aya 6 days from sprout LED 120w draw home made cooler DWC 4 air stones. hydroton 6imch net pot. 250 odd ppm from RO water. PH 5.5 to 6.2 max. - a mix of natures own super grow' H&G roots exelurator' BAM calmag and Pythoff. Water temps 24 to 28 Celsius.(75 to 82f ) res fill date was four days ago.
8e82fc8ee530030c96f9bc68d03309fc.jpg
Room temp 30c (92f) 40 cm fan and good ventilation. Top feeding for a start through water pump in the res. plant seems fine I just found some brown slimy build up around hoses in res wondering if this is normal as it's my first DWC

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Prob too soon for it to be something bad. It's prob hydroton dust and salts. How do your roots look? That's what matters. Although you prob don't have roots showing yet. I would order something like z7 just to have it in case. I have z7 in mine as a preventive. Good luck.

Thanks mate No roots showing yet. Z7 il look it up I just ordered some great white to my local hydro store this morning 3 weeks away they said.

Your gana want to get some great white try an keep the water temp around 68 if you have any clear hoses going into your res wrap them with black tape a few inches so light don't get in

She's a 15w 10L per minute 0.01MPa pressure mate. I sprung on a mid price bigger than needed one as I didn't want to rely on an undersized ed elcheapo to get the job done. She's got 4 outlets all of which have 1.4m of 4mm black pipe and 3 golf ball sized air stones and one 6" long air stone in there. Found a tiny light leak last night @one of the pipe inlets' sorted that out Quik with some roofing silicone. Maybe that's where the build up was coming from. Have since loaded her up with some pythoff now to play the waiting game.

Make sure anything you put in your res is for recirculating set up an not drain to waste I was using some stuff that said it was for hydro an was a battle to keep my roots healthy changed up my nute an it's been a breeze

Seems all clear in there today bud I think I got it sorted mate cheers for the advice .

Back
Top Bottom