Brown Smelly, Murky Water

Hydies

sup dudes, Ive currently got a DWC running in my grow room :peace:
All fun and games except Ive just ran into a problem that's been going on for a few months now and its starting to annoy me :helpsmilie:
I fill my DWC up with pure water, set the Ph to around 6.0-6.5 and put in the minimum amount of nutes, make sure their is no light getting through to the water and play the waiting game, after 2-5 days the water begins to turn brown and cloudy with floaty bits in it (looks like bits of roots) and slime begins to develop over air stones, pumps and roots.
It spreads to any DWC I have running in the room and always tends to come back, it starts to smell of this off essence, as if I grabbed my gym socks and squeezed all the juices into the water.

I have no idea what this is, although im certain its some type of bad bacteria, help would be appreciated

Peace out dudes
Here is a bucket i have taken out of the grow room to expeirement on, 5 days later smelling really bad and slime appearing on airstone.

Should I use a tea? Im not sure but im getting desperate as I wanna smoke some fiiine mary jane but I cant beacause of this problem.. please help

Yeah used some 33% H2o2 with not much success rate, more success with bleach and instant results although I don't think bleach would be good for the girls dude
Murky stuff always comes back

Howdy,

While I'm no expert in hydroponics, I'm a bit familiar with the situation from another area of life.

It certainly sounds like a nasty bacterial or fungal infection. What I feel is best is prevention rather than persistent, ineffective treatments. You need to find the source of the contaminant.

Chances are, it's immediately in the grow room itself. Your best bet is a thorough cleaning of everything, DWC and whatever media sits between your plants and water, too.

Spray down and scrub everything with a 10% bleach solution. Allow to dry. Repeat. Include the walls and flooring of the room itself.

Worst case scenario: it's in your nutes. Some contaminants can lie dormant even in fertilizers, and once brought to water, they flourish.

But, I'd start with room, then equipment. If both are bombarded with bleach and the contamination returns, it's got to be an outside source: ferts, water, etc.

Lastly, if it's fudging your water, it'll eventually, most likely, infect your plants. Culling plants suck, but it's better than spreading further contamination...including into yourself upon ingestion. Good luck.

Thanks for all the information dude it helps, how much amount of bleach can I have in the rez without causing harm to the plants?

I'm guessing your roots are brown too ? thinking you have root rot I have to soak my girl in a ph water with peroxide for a hour or so while I cleaned my room then I put her back and kept adding 3% peroxide to her everyday 5mm to gallon, she was in a 3 gallon pot so I added 15mm peroxide everyday helped me finish the grow and keep my water clean.

Thanks for all the information dude it helps, how much amount of bleach can I have in the rez without causing harm to the plants?

Unfortunately, the amount of chlorine needed to maintain proper sanitation would likely be very detrimental to your plants. Best to clean like hell and run a new batch of water and nutes in the rez.

Back
Top Bottom