Brown spots and yellow leaves help me

Beekeeper

Hey everyone this is my first grow and everything has been going perfect until now. I've noticed some of the leaves are turning yellow and other there are brown spots developing. Here's the link to the pictures: Flickr: AH961's Photostream
I'm growing them indoors under a hps 250 and the temperature stays around 83 and the light is around 8" from the plants.
My watering schedule is Mon: water Tues: None Wed: Nutrients Thurs: None Friday: Water Sat: None Sun: Nutrients. Im also just started using the Fox Farm Trio for nutrients around 4 days ago and using 1/4 dose.
My growing medium is 20% perlite mix with 80% Ocean Forest. I also just transplanted them to 2 gallon pots.
They are also on week 3 of veg.
I've read around and done research but I can't buy figure out excaltly what's wrong. Thanks!

Hey beekeeper welcome to 420. I'm no professional at this but in the picture they look maybe root locked. But since you already transplanted that would fix that problem. Also I would stop feedin they look a little over fed. A lot of soil mixs already have the nutrients. If there are too many nutes it will cause lockup. So my kinda prof advice is to do a good flush and then not feed for at least a week. You can search on these forums how to do a soil flush. I had the same burn looking spots on my plant and I just flushed and it fixed the problem. Hopefully this info helps you out!!!

And now that I re read your post. I see that you are using ocean forest and that stuff is already loaded with nutes. You won't need any additional ferts for prolly a good month. I've actually heard that the soil its self is to hot for seedlings. Try the fox farm happy frog next time for the seedlings. But like I said I'm no professional just some one who has read a shit load of material on growing. Good luck man!!!

Thanks everyone! I had them in solo cups until yesterday and transplanted them to 1 gallon pots and they were getting root bound but I have just fertilizing and I fed them earlier today at 1/2 strength and it's only the second time feeding them. After my first feeding last thursday at 1/4 strength some seemed to respond positively and one of them started getting worse but I can't tell yet. I'm just going to start flushing them out tonight and just see what happens. How can I tell if they are getting better or worse? I also have some other seedlings that are coming up and they are having the same problem it has been starting at the exact same time and the same symptoms. But I'm just going to stick with flushing the plants and see what happens. Thanks again!

Good luck man. Keep me posted!!

Now the plants are doing much better they all started to increase growth and look a lot better now. But to find out after looking at pre flowers I have 3 female and 3 males and of course the males were the ones I was having problems with. I noticed one of the plants I swore it was going to be male because it was a good 4" or 5"taller but to find out shes a female! I'm so glad I plan on keeping her as a mother and just seeing what happens and I'm going to clone her in a couple days after I make sure they recover well and all are fine. But now I noticed with this female she has a nitrogen overdose so I just started tonight flushing her out. Her stems were weaker than the others but the leaves were darker green but she's not showing any signs of yellowing of browning besides that. I also notice one of my other female I can tell are starting to turn a little yellow in the middle it's really hard to notice but I can tell. Should I flush her out too? Well thanks again for your help!

being in bigger pots and less nutrients , maybe less water for a while . How long they been in bigger pots now ? They should settle down after about va week and begin to get green again . Are they well ventilated because 8 " from lights is close mind you they are not that powerful so that should be okay. Hope they get better soon
Bill.

Yes you are right outragepluto man , even with soil I use which is good but nothing special you dont need ANY feed for 2 - 3 weeks becaUSE ITS ALREADY GOT all THE NUTES THE PLANTS NEED SPECIALLY WHEN SO SMALL. ooops capslock on ...soz..

Well I just found some bad news I started with 4 master kush seeds right now two are males and one I thought was female is a hermaphrodite. But thankfully I had two back up feminized seeds I plants a little after so right now those are what I'm left with but at least I have something. But I just started germinating 3 white widows and 3 more master kush. Hopefully this time everything will go smoother because I've learned a lot from this first part of the grow and at the beginning it was stressful for the other plants because of the high temperatures and over feeding but this time I have a good idea of what I'm doing so wish me luck. Thanks again everyone!

Yea that sucks you had males. That's why I'm a big fan of cloning. Guaranteed female lol. Good to hear your getting the hang of it. I was the same way. The first couple of plants I killed from over watering,over feeding, and all sorts of other newbie mistakes. Now I have a great little bush and she is doing awesome. It's trip diesel so I'm excited for the outcome. I'm cloning her hear soon so I can continue her line. Got a buddy with a ak-47 male that I might harvest the pollen from and try and get some ak-47 x trip diesel. Good luck with your girls. Keep me posted!!

Well I decided not to kill the hermie because so far it's around 1.5' tall and so far there were only two little sacs that had not even hardly developed and all the new growth is females without any pollen sacs. I figured I'm this far why not go all the way and it will give me a test plant so the next plants don't end up like the last ones. And when I harvest it will be more manageable and so I can figure out better what I'm doing. I finally figured out a pattern with my plants when it reachs the 3 or 4 week I need to flush them out if there showing signs of burning. Thats one thing the hermie plant didn't show it showed nitrogen defency and then now it's an overdose so I'm flushing them all out right now. But I think the main problem was they were root bound but fem plants I have seem to be doing great. They are really tough exspecially when they were seedlings one I plant too deep and the first set of leaves got messed but but it pulled through. The fem plants are one mazar x great white shark and cheese 1. They came free with my order. But I germinated some more seeds and I'm crossing my fingers because so far I've had 100% germination rate. Thanks!

here is my baby. she is a 6 week old clone. strain is trip diesel
photo_1_59.JPG

Back
Top Bottom