Brown Spots on new leaves

KushPharoah

Hello Forum

First Post ever and it sucks that it has to be about deficiencies. but any help would be much appriciated since I'm am a newbie. First off my setup

DWC
8plants
super lemon haze
Rock Nutrients line (except their foliar spray)
Temps: high 100 degrees low 68 degrees. (i live in Cali and its summer so yea)
Humidity: high 35 low BELOW 10!
OK just a quick FYI I DID but a swamp cooler(very expensive one $$$) and it will be here literally in a couple days so that will help with temps during the lights on period and humidity.
2 400 watt metal halides for veg. ( yea i Know mh bulbs are hot but i bought em and I'm not going to go out and buy florescence at least not right now.)
ph 5.9-6.1
ppm 135(1/4 strength nutes) soft water

Any more qustions about my setup plz ask away.

Ok my question is " Has anybody experienced a deficiency like this?
20140608_193401.jpg
20140608_193347.jpg
20140608_193339.jpg

BOOM

Not even two weeks in and my plants are showing signs of what looked at first to be IRON(fe) deficiency LOOK HERE for a pic i took 2 days before those ones up top

20140607_174936.jpg
20140607_174925.jpg
20140607_174910.jpg
20140607_174817.jpg
20140607_174827.jpg
20140606_180428.jpg
20140606_180417.jpg

so now I'm thinking hmmmm magnesium..... Calcium....... BORON Deficiency!!!! I just don't know. so i go in a corner and cry. but after 4 hours of non stop sobbing i realized my friends on 420 mag can help!

ALSO very important here

i planted the 28th so its almost on its 2nd week and they are growing fast. I'm only using RO water and 1/4 strength nutes. Should i be using more nutes? also i use ORCA mycrohyzae beneficial bacteria. it works so well for roots on top of roots. and i have GH ph up and down. Yesterday i used VERY VERY little PH down and my Ph drop drastically from 6.6 to 5.4. wtf so i used a little ph up and it stayed at 6.1. can you mix the two?

honestly i have so many questions but MAINLY the brown spots. I would love to know what every one thinks and there opinions on the matter. If any experience fixing the problem.

Plz dont argue which is right and which is wrong way to do something. I see that a lot on these forums one guys will say one thing and another guy will say no and instead of helping its just a back and forth argument that has no beneficial help for no one.

THANKS again guys!

Update. Topped off water lever added 1/4 strength nutes so I'm at about 1/2 strength total and I raised my lights. They look worse but I'm headed out to get some cal mag

What are your roots looking like ? are they still white and healthy ? Do you have a portable humidifier I use one in my room will cool it down bout 8 degrees and keep the humidity up. Thats a really big temp swing bro, I let mine swing about 5 degrees not 30 when i had 20 degrees swings my plants turned hermie on me.
Whats your rez temp i had ph swing when i had root rot thats why I asked the color of roots high rez temps = trouble

What are your roots looking like ? are they still white and healthy ? Do you have a portable humidifier I use one in my room will cool it down bout 8 degrees and keep the humidity up. Thats a really big temp swing bro, I let mine swing about 5 degrees not 30 when i had 20 degrees swings my plants turned hermie on me.
Whats your rez temp i had ph swing when i had root rot thats why I asked the color of roots high rez temps = trouble

Rez temps are at 85 degrees but Idk how to lower the temp when its already 100 + but my swamp cooler will be here Wednesday. And my roots are a healthy white. Plenty of oxygen. Only new growth has spots not fan leaves or old growth.

OK try some peroxide to keep a sterile rez at 3% I add 5mm per gallon, that will help with with keeping rot away. My rez is about 70 degrees, you could always use a ice cooler pack to bring the temp down too. are you using RO water ? never mind just read soft water I'd give them more nutes for 2 weeks there pretty big you have me beat by far LOL . Did you build your system or buy it honestly I've only ever had males grow that fast.

Ok I was thinking maybe a half gallon of frozen water I saw that those ice pack have a tendency to leak. And that's what I thought. Plants are zooming up but thays dwc for ya. Plants can't control themselfs :circle-of-love: 10 days they were double in height. I built this system myself its a simple dwc setup I just bought a water pump and PVC pipe and use that to get water in and out. Last time I had to manually remove water and two plants died from stress the PVC pipe and fittings cost me less that 20 bucks but the pump about a bill. But so easy to do a water swap.

Ya I was meaning those ones like people use in there water bottles I use to use them Never had a problem with leak but ice cubes work too. I run DWC too but man that some growth good for you hope they all come threw for you really have some trees at 8 weeks lol how high is your light ? you could try using co2 with the higher temps too I think anything over 85 is recommended.
Could you get a bigger pic of your set up I'm always looking for something more effective LOL, I work at a plastic plant so I get to make all my own tanks LOl

Yea of course when I get off work I'll post some pics. I love my setup. It was pricey but I have so much control and its almost automatic. I just have to check the water everyday which only takes 30 minutes. But anymore help with the brown spot should be great. I appreciate your input Kola

O yea light is 2 ft away. I could go lower or higher. And I was thinking co2 but I was going to wait and see how the swamp cooler helped

I run my 1000 at 2 feet away might wanna get closer for the stretch. you won't need co2 when you get the room temp down I was gonna but found it easier once I got the room temp down not too and like I said its for high temps. Anytime you need some help I'll always try too I need it too and there's a lot of great guys on here that can do some awesome things lots to learn from them. Your not topping them ? no LST ? or just trying to get threw first grow ?

Same here bro. No no topping or LST. I WAS GOING TO DO A SCROG but I backed out at the last second so yea I'm just going to grow them maybe bend em over A week before flower.

Just a thought but you might wanna start bending a little now they get tougher as they get older. They are much easier to manipulate young and it does help with making the stems thicker and able to support more buds. If you wait till closer to flower way more difficult and your bending to help create more bud sites, turning side arms into colas

I always go with gently LOL , hook up around the top of your plant just below where the nodes as you still want the top to bud out too. I try to bend like a roller coaster you need a place to tie off too or use like a fishing weight i try not to use fishing line as it can cut threw, it's all just playing. You wanna see some extreme bending go into Lightaddicts journals he does some serious LST. I don't go that far just enough to open up a side then you will start to see some side growth then bend them too. the more you open your plants up the more bud sites you get. Which ='s more bud and we all enjoy that. It's your first grow bro you have 8 plants play with 3 let 5 grow full out but bending them will help with height.

the plants respond very well to bending seem to like a little punishment and makes them stronger. When you hit the 4 week mark search for klye kushmans breaking technique it's in the flowering section that's another great read and will help with supporting bigger buds worked great for me on this last grow.

20140609_175951.jpg
20140609_175943.jpg
20140609_175758.jpg
20140609_175733.jpg

This is my set up, just something that was cheaper and quick. Some things I already had and some things I bought to start this one. PVC pipe is cheap. Water gets pulled out evenly and I fill through the little openings I cut. Only 8 plants it may be a waste , but more like a test run. Sorry its late. I took your advice on the hydrogen peroxide Kola, I used it to clean the res and buckets but a very very low dose like 3 percent. I put 3 ml gallon cal mag along with ROCK nutrients. I honestly believe they will bounce back. If not I'll buy more and run it coco same nutes see what happens but for now lets pray for these.

Back
Top Bottom