Brown spotted leaves! Yikes!

muraydog

What Strain is it? one AK-47 auto, three Northern Lights auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants? 4 autos plus 3 older photos
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?veg
If in Vegetative Stage. Day 32
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? ProMix
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5G
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1x 1000W Led plus some CFLs
Is it Air Cooled? Rotating fan and extraction fan.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 23 - 25 C (73 - 77 F)
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.2
Any Pests? Maybe gnats
How Often are you Watering? Only when leaves droop
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Add Liquid Karma
Size or Square Footage of Room? 31" x 51" (10.7 ft2)
420-magazine-mobile2001546481.jpg

The above pic shows representative auto a few days ago. I have since put into larger pots, removed the nasty leaves and sprinkled diatomaceous earth on the soil. I also set up some gnat glue traps yesterday but they haven't caught one. I had only seen one gnat in the tent and another elsewhere in the house.

Overwatering is unlikely but the tent was overly humid (70%) which could have contributed to mold but I can't see any.

There is a full account and pictures of my grow in my 420 grow journal but I can't link it right now.

Leaves are dying on my autos only - my older photos seem fine. This is one of the photos currently:
420-magazine-mobile488635106.jpg

Any advice on what to do now?

What Strain is it? one AK-47 auto, three Northern Lights auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants? 4 autos plus 3 older photos
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?veg
If in Vegetative Stage. Day 32
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? ProMix
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5G
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1x 1000W Led plus some CFLs
Is it Air Cooled? Rotating fan and extraction fan.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 23 - 25 C (73 - 77 F)
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.2
Any Pests? Maybe gnats
How Often are you Watering? Only when leaves droop
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Add Liquid Karma
Size or Square Footage of Room? 31" x 51" (10.7 ft2)
420-magazine-mobile2001546481.jpg

The above pic shows representative auto a few days ago. I have since put into larger pots, removed the nasty leaves and sprinkled diatomaceous earth on the soil. I also set up some gnat glue traps yesterday but they haven't caught one. I had only seen one gnat in the tent and another elsewhere in the house.

Overwatering is unlikely but the tent was overly humid (70%) which could have contributed to mold but I can't see any.

There is a full account and pictures of my grow in my 420 grow journal but I can't link it right now.

Leaves are dying on my autos only - my older photos seem fine. This is one of the photos currently:
420-magazine-mobile488635106.jpg

Any advice on what to do now?
I still, even more, need help. One of my plants is dying.

I'm growing in ProMix instead of adding nutes so I don't flush. I shouldn't have a nute deficiency but it certainly looks like the picture. Only my autos are affected, some more than others.

I dont know if it is or not but that looks like what happens to my tomato plants outdoors when they get leaf septoria. Also too many nuts can cause the plant to shutdown taking up nutes making it look like a deficiency.

I dont know if it is or not but that looks like what happens to my tomato plants outdoors when they get leaf septoria. Also too many nuts can cause the plant to shutdown taking up nutes making it look like a deficiency.
Someone else though it might be septoria too. Pics I've seen look more yellow to me but I'm beginning to think it may the correct diagnosis. How do you treat?

Ive never found anything to cure it on my tomato plants. But again they are outdoors and it is wet and humid here most of the spring/summer. Neem oil slows it down for me but with my climate it cant stop it.

I've used this product successfully with powery mildew (on my outdoor squash) when I caught it in the beginning stages. I'm not sure how it'll do with my current problem but I don't think it'll hurt and I'm not sure what else to do.

PH and Nutrient Uptake charts!

Your PH may be too low.

Brown spots like that are similar to what I have had going on with my plants around the same time you are seeing your problems. I narrowed it down to Phosphorus deficiency in my plants. I run a DWC set up but my ph was too low leading to almost no phosphorus being taken in by my plants. While they do not use much in its early stages, towards the mid-late stage of Veg they need more Phosphorus. I suspect what is going on is your plant is deficient in Phosphorus. Possibly even Calcium and Magnesium if you have been running sub 6.3 ph for a while now.

It is going to be difficult to recover since you cannot just flush away the nutrient from the soil. I am unsure as to how quickly you can move up the PH of that soil. You may shock your plant by changing the PH conditions to rapidly. But that is my best guess as to what is happening.

Back
Top Bottom