Brown stains in leaves

Gama09

420 Member
Hi you all.

My plants are autoflowering and they have 1 month old like me on planting weed. In the last week beggin to appear some brown stains on the leafs.

Bought the soil for tomatos and I dont use any nutrients yet. I only watering them when the soil is dry about 1 cm deep.
I already use neem oil once (1ml for 600ml of watter) to prevent some problems.

Can anyone help me?

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.43 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.43.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.44 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.44 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.44.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.45 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.45 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.45.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 16.35.46.jpeg

Welcome to the group. Nice looking plant except for the brown drying out spots on the leaves.

I am only taking a guess on what the problem is but it could be there is not enough Potassium available in the soil. The rest of the gang is going to need some more info before they can take a stab at what is wrong. Here are some of the questions they will be asking.

Do you know if that tomato soil is already fertilized or just plain? A photo of the front and back of the bag will help tell if it has a lot of peat moss or coco coir in it and anything else the company might have added.

Have you already purchased the nutrients you are planning on using or are you waiting for suggestions from the group?

You mention using Neem Oil already to prevent some problems. What problems were you trying to prevent?

There is a tutorial on the best way to learn how to water any plant that is in a container. Someone will have the link to it. Once someone provides the link I suggest you read through it. It is long but there are many points to consider on how and when and how much to water so read through to the end. It is almost impossible for someone to tell how much water is in the soil below the 1 cm deep that you test.

And, some of us will want to know why the pots are half full of soil. So they will ask what size containers are you using?

SmokingWings thanks for the reply.

I bought the triangle pack from Atami (growth-C, bloom-c and flower-c) and i plan tu use it from now on to see if this problem will desapear.

The soil NPK IS 9-2-2. Is enriched with organic biological fertilizer - with extra azote.

Use neem oil to prevent bugs because my neighbor have a few plants and i dont want their bugs in my plants :rolleyes:

I thing that the pot have something like 14L. They are half full because i think that is the proper way to fulfill the vases...

Hey Gama,

Welcome to 420! For soil based grows bigger is always better. 14 liters is slightly over 3.6 gallons gallons, that’s not much dirt to drive a big harvest even with nutes. That’s how to fill a vase for regular houseplants but that’s not how to fill a container to grow a weed plant all the way thru to harvest. But since they are autos you shouldn’t try to transplant them. For sure next time around go with 4 gallons full of soil for an auto, you won’t regret that. Old saying around here is bigger roots = bigger fruits.

Will this plant grow indoors or will it be placed outdoors? I’m little bit concerned about that tile floor, I would be paying attention to the temps. It maybe fine and you may have other houseplants there - I don’t know... Hey just for giggles why not toss a hygrometer down there at 2 pm on sunny day

Also you will need some calcium & magnesium or cal-mag. Most NPK nutes don’t include these components check your labels or the manufacturers web site for info but if it doesn’t list calcium & magnesium then you will need a supplement.

All right, settle in and drop a journal down!

Hey Gama,

Welcome to 420! For soil based grows bigger is always better. 14 liters is slightly over 3.6 gallons gallons, that’s not much dirt to drive a big harvest even with nutes. That’s how to fill a vase for regular houseplants but that’s not how to fill a container to grow a weed plant all the way thru to harvest. But since they are autos you shouldn’t try to transplant them. For sure next time around go with 4 gallons full of soil for an auto, you won’t regret that Old saying around here is bigger roots = bigger fruits.

Will this plant grow indoors or will it be placed outdoors? I’m little bit concerned about that tile floor, I would be paying attention to the temps around 1pm. It maybe fine and you may have other houseplants there - I don’t know...

Also you will need some calcium & magnesium or cal-mag. Most NPK nutes don’t include these components check your labels or the manufacturers web site for info but if it doesn’t list calcium & magnesium then you will need a supplement.

Thanks for the reply !

In the next time i will put them in larger pots. I didn't think they needed more space than that..rookie mistake..

This plants grow outdoor. Temperatures can be high during the hottest hours. I have other plants and they are pretty well..but they need water every day.

Tomorrow i will see if the nutrients that i bought have calcium e magnesium. In the manufactures site doesnt tell anything.

Tomorrow i post the news

For the record, today i watered two plants with 1ml of Growth-C + 1ml of Flower-C diluted in 1 liter of water. In the others two watered only with water. I do this for development comparison.

Hi you all.

As promised this photos are taken today. Tomorrow will see if the problem keep spreading to others leafs. I don't know if these stains existed yesterday.

The plants continue to grow...
Hey Gama,

Welcome to 420! For soil based grows bigger is always better. 14 liters is slightly over 3.6 gallons gallons, that’s not much dirt to drive a big harvest even with nutes. That’s how to fill a vase for regular houseplants but that’s not how to fill a container to grow a weed plant all the way thru to harvest. But since they are autos you shouldn’t try to transplant them. For sure next time around go with 4 gallons full of soil for an auto, you won’t regret that. Old saying around here is bigger roots = bigger fruits.

Will this plant grow indoors or will it be placed outdoors? I’m little bit concerned about that tile floor, I would be paying attention to the temps. It maybe fine and you may have other houseplants there - I don’t know... Hey just for giggles why not toss a hygrometer down there at 2 pm on sunny day

this are the fotos from de nutrients packs that i use

1620222880707.jpg

1620222880710.jpg

1620222880717.jpg

1620222880722.jpg

1620222880694.jpg

1620222880702.jpg

1620222880727.jpg

1620222880731.jpg

1620222880735.jpg

1620222880738.jpg

Hi you all.

I think the problem is solved ... this photos are from today ... yesterday i start LST training.

They have between 5 - 6 weeks, started flowering this week and now Iám putting some nutrients.
Plants were watered with 2/5 Easy Bloom Booster (product Royal Queen Seeds) diluted in 6L of water (water constitution: PH 6.45; Silica 60mg / L; Calcium 1.8mg / L; Sodium 24mg / L; Chloride 18 mg / L; Biocarbonates 45.9mg / L
I think the problem is solved...this photos are from today...y«yesterday biggin the LST.

What are yours opinions?

1620567367859.jpg

1620567367861.jpg

1620567367863.jpg

1620567367866.jpg

1620567367872.jpg

1620567367877.jpg

1620567367879.jpg

1620567367882.jpg

1620567367886.jpg

1620567367889.jpg

Believe me when I say I'm no expert, but it looks just like my photo's I first grew last year when they developed a deficiency. At the advise of some Pro's on here I started using Cal-mag at 2 ml per gallon and never saw the problem again. May just be my water or something else, I don't now for sure. I but I now use it from veg into bloom every time! Just saying! She looks great otherwise!

Believe me when I say I'm no expert, but it looks just like my photo's I first grew last year when they developed a deficiency. At the advise of some Pro's on here I started using Cal-mag at 2 ml per gallon and never saw the problem again. May just be my water or something else, I don't now for sure. I but I now use it from veg into bloom every time! Just saying! She looks great otherwise!

I have added the nutrients that described above and problem it´s solved. Now I have a little stain in this two leafs but its only that.

The nutrients tha i have added have calmag in their constitution, so the problem can have been the calmag deficiency.

Thanks for the reply!

Some photos from today

1621006134488.jpg

1621006134490.jpg

1621006134492.jpg

1621006134495.jpg

1621006134497.jpg

1621006134499.jpg

I'm right behind U friend, I just did a TON of reading on the subject, and relied on the great folks on here. I was a little aggressive in some regards as far as training goes, I lucked up and had great results on my first "Photo" grow as well as my current 1st attempt at growing "Auto's".

I recommend trying topping and reading up on when to do it, It is a night/day difference in appearance and production so far. All though some folks argue against it all together! Here are 2 girls un topped but with LST and the 2 in the tent that were topped! All are 7 weeks old today. Just amazing to me!

Tan and Blue 4-26-21...5 1:2 weeks.jpg

Blue :Tan 5-14-21... 7 Weeks.jpg

Tan 5-14-21 .. 7 Weeks.jpg

I'm right behind U friend, I just did a TON of reading on the subject, and relied on the great folks on here. I was a little aggressive in some regards as far as training goes, I lucked up and had great results on my first "Photo" grow as well as my current 1st attempt at growing "Auto's".

I recommend trying topping and reading up on when to do it, It is a night/day difference in appearance and production so far. All though some folks argue against it all together! Here are 2 girls un topped but with LST and the 2 in the tent that were topped! All are 7 weeks old today. Just amazing to me!
Your plants seem very well, the plants on tent have a lots of flowers ! Congratulations mate ! The plants that you have outside look great and it looks similar as mine´s in terms of development.

In my next try i will use 1 plant of cbd and i will training the topped with LST, for the Auto´s i will plant 3 seeds, so in 1 i will experiment top, on the other LST and in the thirth both. All outdoors. But in first i am trying to undersant my errors on this grow.

Tonight will post my auto´s development.

Your plants seem very well, the plants on tent have a lots of flowers ! Congratulations mate ! The plants that you have outside look great and it looks similar as mine´s in terms of development.

In my next try i will use 1 plant of cbd and i will training the topped with LST, for the Auto´s i will plant 3 seeds, so in 1 i will experiment top, on the other LST and in the thirth both. All outdoors. But in first i am trying to undersant my errors on this grow.

Tonight will post my auto´s development.
Thanks for your input grow friend, and sounds lie a great plan, keep on trucking!

Looks gorgeous to me friend,, BTW what is the soil U are using? I am too lazy to hunt back thru your post, and how old are they and what strain? U will have a blast watching them develop when U try topping on your next grow, they seem to start building buds way quicker, at least my 2 strains did!

They are looking good but I'm noticing a little of your leaf stems are turning little red/purple between your first set of pics and your last. Some strains (epically your berry and purple strains) this is totally natural. In other strains this can be a sign of the plant need more phosphorus in it's flowering stage. Just something to keep in mind as you move along. Your doing a great job for your first grow. Keep it up!:thumb:

As i said (or i think i said ) i have mix the seeds in germination so i dont now with certain what strain correspond to each plant, bu the seeds are Green Gelato Automatic; White Widow Automatic; Northern Light Automatic. :ganjamon:

They have 7 weeks, more or less. They biggin to flower about 2 weeks ago. The soil is soil for tomatos and the composition are:

pH in CaCl2: 5.5-6.5
Conductivity: 150-200 µs / cm
Granulometry 0-15mm
Organic Matter> 60%
Biological fertilization:
NPK 9-2-2 - 4 kg / m3

Then I had problems with nutrition and adding 1 ml of Growth-C + 1 ml of Flower-C diluted in 1 liter of water.

In the last 3 weeks the weather has not been good, most days have been cloudy.

I think the delayed growth is due to bad weather and little sunlight.

As I said earlier it is my first grow and I made some mistakes.

Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

They are looking good but I'm noticing a little of your leaf stems are turning little red/purple between your first set of pics and your last. Some strains (epically your berry and purple strains) this is totally natural. In other strains this can be a sign of the plant need more phosphorus in it's flowering stage. Just something to keep in mind as you move along. Your doing a great job for your first grow. Keep it up!:thumb:

I noticed that ... but I thought it was normal ... do you think I need to add more phosphorus?

Back
Top Bottom