Brownie help.

Garcia111907

I've been doing some research and I came across a good recipe for cannabutter. The other night some friends and I decided to make brownies. The brownies themselves were delicious the problem was they weren't as effective as a had expected them to be. I used the recipe for cannabutter in 7 easy steps. I'll share what I did in hopes someone can either give me a few suggestions or just pin point where I went wrong....

Making the cannabutter:
I followed the recipe exactly... Almost. Rather than using 1 oz of bud to a lb of butter I used a qtr oz bud to 1 stick butter (1/4 lb). Now I grinded the bud pretty well, better than u would typically grind just to smoke but not powder. I boiled the water, melted the butter, added the bud. Now, here is where I think I made a mistake. Rather than simmering the mixture for 3 hrs as the tutorial instructed I assumed since I was using a considerable amount less bud I could get by with just 2 hrs. I ran it thru the cheesecloth and squeezed out the access and slapped it in the fridge. The next day it looked exactly as pictures in the tutorial, tinted green, smelled like bud, I was stoked.

Making the brownies:
So, after a long wait I am ready to start cooking. I mix the brownie batter and everything except the cannabutter. I mixed in the cannabutter and proceeded to bake the brownies according to the directions on the package. They came out and I let em cool.

Eating the brownies:
I made 9 brownies which by my calculations was right around .78 g of bud per brownie. I ate 1.5 along with 3 friends who each ate the same amount. We waited patiently and after about 3-4 hrs with little effects, the slight body buzz and the normal "stoned" feeling (we smoked a couple bowls while waiting). I had went to erowid.org and read several stories from their expierence vaults and was expecting a ride through time and space and it was alright at best.

So, there u have it. WTF happened?!?!? I don't know where I went wrong, so if anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to listen. Thanks gang, stay up.

Re: Brownie help....

It sounds like possibly you let the weed mis get too hot. The thc can burn off easily with to much heat.
I prefer the oil method more.
I use shake primarily. I put it in the oven at the lowest temp my oven will go. about 180 degrees. Let it get good and dry, takes about a half hour. Then put it in my coffee bean grinder and grind it to a powder. Then tak about 8 grams and add it to the amount of oil required for the brownie mix. I prefer canola oil. Let it simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes, this activates the thc. Then let it cool a little and add to my brownie mix. Its always worked for me. 1 1" brownie will get me pretty relaxed in about an hour and a half. 2 will kick me into couch lock mode.

I've heard that, about the oil but was Leary because I heard thc was only soluable in fat and assumed butter would be the best solution. I'm also looking into these firecrackers I've been reading about. Also, I had just assumed that by going with the method that took 3hrs rather than 20-30 min would be more effective. I've been wrong before. As far as the burning part I did try to pay attention and make sure there was no strong smell like it was burning. Thanks for the tips, guess it's time for a second batch.

It sounds like possibly you let the weed mis get too hot. The thc can burn off easily with to much heat.
I prefer the oil method more.
I use shake primarily. I put it in the oven at the lowest temp my oven will go. about 180 degrees. Let it get good and dry, takes about a half hour. Then put it in my coffee bean grinder and grind it to a powder. Then tak about 8 grams and add it to the amount of oil required for the brownie mix. I prefer canola oil. Let it simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes, this activates the thc. Then let it cool a little and add to my brownie mix. Its always worked for me. 1 1" brownie will get me pretty relaxed in about an hour and a half. 2 will kick me into couch lock mode.

As long s water is in the pot the butter won't burn. Water's boiling point is lower than butter's burning point. Since the THC binds to fat the fat is in the butter, ur THC won't be affected by the heat. that part was fine. Somethings to keep in mind. Next time when using water, try 4-8 in a crock pot. U must also consider that ingested cannabis effects depend on each individuals body weight. As for the member thinking about trying oil. Coconut or olive oil works well. Veg oils have a lot of fat so it will work. Peanut oil works too. About the firecrackers, they'll have u BAKED!! Good luck guys.

Back
Top Bottom