Brownies!

MsIndica

I made a batch of butter yesterday. One pound of butter to an ounce of shake with some little nugs in it. Today I made a brownie mix and substituted the cannabis butter for the oil. I gently melted the butter in the microwave and then added it to the mix. I actually used half a pound of butter instead of a quarter pound due to being in a hurry and multi-tasking. Anyway, I baked them per the recipe instructions. My oven isn't the typical turn to whatever temp. you need kind, it's an Aga cooker which is always on. (hard to explain but wonderful to cook with). It has four ovens, each a different temp. for a different purpose. My baking oven is between 325° and 350°. The extra butter made them slightly more dense but they came out great. They smell great and taste good too. There was only the trace of cannabis taste. I ate a 2" square. I wanted to be careful since I had used a lot of butter in this batch. About an hour later I was feeling fine. :thumb:
Next time I'll use the proper amount of butter. I love brownies and I'd like to be able to eat a larger piece without being couch locked. Overall, these were a total success!

Cooking with butter is a huge part of my life now, I think your doing great! only thing i can suggest is not to cook cannabutter over 325 or it starts to degrade the good stuff yah!
:peace:

Sounds yummy! Do you use the leaves to make butter or just buds? By shakes do you mean the popcorn buds? Thanks in advance :scratchinghead:

I used some shake that I got from a local dispensary. It was mostly leaves, some small stems, and a few little nugs.

If you're going to make these like I did, I would suggest using the correct amount of butter for the brownie mix. They will come out just like regular brownies and will be tasty and nice. You will just have to eat more to get high. I cut mine in 2" x 2" squares. Mine are tasty and good, but more dense than intended because of the extra butter. Good luck!

I just made another batch. This time I used the correct amount of butter in place of the oil. I knew they wouldn't be as strong as the first ones so I just cut the pieces bigger (about 2" x 3"). I ate one whole brownie almost two hours ago and I'm experiencing a very nice relaxing heady buzz) :) ......and they taste great too!

Thanks for the update and experimenting with the brownie Ms. Indica~~ I'm gonna follow your tips when I get the shakes and trim from my harvest, I next week and another in 2 weeks~~Yippeeeeeee. Happy Easter. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom