Browning on bud leaves

Botani

I'm somewhat of a new grower and I never experienced this before. I did do a lot of reading and they say this problem could be anything from nute deficiency to bud rot and please say its not bud rot lol.

-I am using dutch nutrient formula 2 part a and b
-the res is a 10 gallon tote and I have 4 plants in it (which I think is to many for 10 gal)
-strain is white widow
-we are 45 days in flowering since 12/12 light cycle change

IMG-20160731-01411.jpg
IMG-20160731-01410.jpg
IMG-20160731-01409.jpg
IMG-20160731-01408.jpg

If you have insane RH above 80% all the time i may suspect bud rot, just prise the bud apart & look for brown patchs that is early sign this then turns to grey/white mold.

As this looks to appear to effect most the leafs all over the plant i'm thinking either PH issue or just under feeding.

thanks for the reply. I been checking the pH and I normally do so 2-3 times per week and or every other top up or feeding and I always have it between 5.6 to 5.9 but I think something messed up with my meter. I used some test strips and it was showing it up in the 8 and 9 ph region so I went out and bought a new ph meter and sure enough it was exactly 8.1 ph.

I thought maybe root rot cause I been getting high r/o around 50-60% with a dehumidifier but then I been giving half feeds twice as often like half strength feedings every 3 days or so and I thought maybe nute burn so I will tone that down to every 7 days as well or what my tds meter says.

but I did drain off all the reservoir and refreshed with just ph'ed 5.8 water until it can adjust before I feed again.

Sorry I didn't read the properly could be various things heat and humidity a nightmare this time of year

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using 420

Ye high PH like that will start to cause some nutrient lock outs but not totally their is a little give 'n' take but reducing up take of some nutrients some what.

soil_ph_nutrient_availability.jpg

The half rate feed is not helping a lot at this stage of flowering hence you are seeing nutrient defs as well, you would be far better of applying a full strength dose once a week & perhaps a 1/2 rate dose a few days later & that should should keep you pretty good for future grows.

Back
Top Bottom