BT'z 2nd Grow: Super Lemon Haze & Golden Leaf

Thanks for sharing the Leafly link for the video. A very interesting read. I would be more interested in knowing what their yield per watt is and also yield per cost of nutrients. Add into that the cost of labor per pound would be interesting. Given it appears they are stripping away sugar leaves that's got to be very labor intensive. Additionally, I'd be really interested in their media they are growing in. Just creating click bait with Three Per Light doesn't give me any reference to the real success of their process. In the end I'm sure they are crunching the numbers and have found a good ROI (return on investment) model for their stock holders and owners. How that translates into a micro/hobby grow might be more difficult to translate.

Another member here and I have been chatting privately on the subject, we are rather skeptical of the high cost of the nutrients, book and a phone app for an additional $99. However as you say -
I feel this is the final process for me. Learn as much as possible from all directions and adapt to ones personal needs. Perfect! Thanks for sharing.

:Namaste:

I have been discussing the idea of letting the plants go natural with @FelipeBlu as long as I can get the light penetration. Most interested in getting those large California Burrito size colas.(in my dreams) Well we can all shoot for the moon. So the idea is to adjust the height of the shorter plants up to the same height as the taller ones and get a reading of at least 400PAR at about 8inches below the crowns.

So I found a couple of small boxes for now, and put the two Gold Leaf girls on top and came out with a similar height for all. I might still want to raise the SLH's 2-3 inches as they are over on the left side. They seem to be doing alright at this point. Stacking buds near the top but I want to see that continue on down the stalk.

For now here a group Photo from this morning before lights out.
Gilda in the center is the shortest so she got the biggest box and the center spot for now. Goldie on the right front is on a more medium sized box. I'll let this go for a couple more days and then move them around. Tomorrow morning is a turn day, so everyone gets rotated 180 degrees in their spot. I did drop the right side light back down even with the left side light. After taking a PAR reading above the top cola of GrapeApe on the right rear I found I could move it down and still have only about 600PAR on top. In fact everyone right now is enjoying about 600PAR on the top crowns.

Bring On the Cali Burrito's!

Day 79 - 31 days since initial flip with the first three. All seem to be in good health. I'm anticipating at least another 4wks of flowering time for the SLH and Gilda. Goldie and GrapeApe are a week behind so this grow is at least 5-6wks total before it's all harvested. Just keeping everyone watered and cleaned up. Clones are doing well and responding nicely to their defoliation also. Keeping them in process until I get a bit closer to harvest for the first three. Then will most likely flip to begin their stretch as the SLH are harvested.

Sup B. Love the fresh clean look... Stacking up to be real nice.... green days
Thanks MH, they are doing very well indeed. Plenty of room to breath and stay healthy. I wasn't sure about being able to fit 5 plants in the flowering tent. Thanks for stopping by to say high.
:passitleft:

Day 81 - Day 33 since initial flip. Watering this morning was a good time to take a picture for updating. Also every few days they all get rotated 180degrees so change the light exposure. Took this picture from a lower angle to show the different heights.

Nice! :yummy:

Looks like your training resulted in branching that doesn’t stray too far from the pot boundary. :thumb:

That’s very good from the standpoint of being able to put more plants in the same space. However, since the colas are fairly close to each other, you will need to be vigilant about removing existing and future fan leaves that shade bud sites on other nearby colas.

Nice! :yummy:

Looks like your training resulted in branching that doesn’t stray too far from the pot boundary. :thumb:

That’s very good from the standpoint of being able to put more plants in the same space. However, since the colas are fairly close to each other, you will need to be vigilant about removing existing and future fan leaves that shade bud sites on other nearby colas.
Agreed! The early topping and LST resulted in what I had hoped for in staying close to the boundaries of the container, making more room in the tent. Vigilance will be practiced every 2-3 days with the turning also. I actually feel that the spacing is a little more open than with my 1st grow. I counted the major colas branches and came up with 27ish I think. Given that Rey had mid 40's in count this is better for space.

Seemed like your first grow took forever and this one the opposite, some nice growth going on for sure!
True indeed, the first grow seemed to drag on for ever. Of course part of that was the length of veg I did. I feel the Hempy with it's fresh feeding almost every day is really making things move faster. Partly in that the plant doesn't seem to stumble every time I top or defoliate. It seems like it doesn't even notice and grows on. I'm seeing similar results with the aggressive training aka cutting on the clones that are currently in veg.

Day 82 - Day 34 since flip. Today is offically 5 weeks in stretch/flower mode for the SLH's girls and Gilda. GrapeApe and Goldie are a week behind.. Nothing to report just a journal entry for the 5 week mark.

Waiting in the wings. My veg tent full of clones is waiting for the flowering tent to become empty.
In the mean time I keep defoliating and training and topping and grooming to fill them out hopefully to produce some nice bud from smaller containers.
The ones here in front with the blue painters tape have been marked as potential keepers. The pink cups in the back also as they have SLH in them. I do have two new clone cuttings from GrapeApe that I hope will go back into veg and will have a couple of purple cups to mix in with the others. Still it's going to be quite a collection after the culling.

The Culling.jpg

Day 85 - 37 since initial Flip The Flowering Tent girls all received their special 750ml of nutrients. A little runoff after 36hrs. Inspection as I turned the plants revealed a very special bud going on. Not exactly sure what to make of it. One of the top most buds on Goldie a Gold Leaf girl shows what looks like perhaps a couple of seeds? Please Advise!

All others look fine on the same plant with no similar bud sites. Inspection of the other plants in the flowering tent showed no one else has anything similar. Could it be a special present? Self Pollination?

Over in the veg tent the crowd just keep filling in nicely. I'm letting them get a bit busy and will defoliate . They are building some very nice trunks. Here a nice little picture of my miniature Sea O Green.

Back
Top Bottom