BT'z 2nd Grow: Super Lemon Haze & Golden Leaf

BTzGrow

Starting my 2nd Grow and thought I would start a Journal just for it at the beginning.

SkywalkerOB - Super Lemon Haze - Golden Leaf

First to describe my seeds. I'm sure many would say I have the SkywalkerOB wrong, it's supposed to be OG. Well not exactly. You see back in November a guy I know who lives in OB who I'm pretty sure supplies Med's in a rather unconventional way gave me a few seeds. (BTW, OB is a beach community in San Diego called Ocean Beach. A special place for Surfers, Hippies, and especially Stoners.) He told me they were Skywalker beforehand. Later after I started growing and showing him a picture on my plant, he chuckled and said not bad for seeds from the couch. So who really the F' knows what they are. Who know's maybe they are just from his personal Skywalker Grow so he know's what fell into the couch. :cough: I do have my first grow with one of those seeds nearing harvest and it looks rather Sativa like, smells like pineapples and citrus and grows really slow. I dropped three of them in water yesterday on the May 3rd.

Today I'll be dropping two each of a Super Lemon Haze(Sativa Dom) and Golden Leaf(Indica Dom). I'll also be taking the Skywalker OG seeds ab popping them into some Root Riots Cubes.

This grow will be a proof of concept grow for me from several directions.

#1 I'm using four seeds that are Fem'd(SLH & GL). They are Photo's but should only be females.
#2 With the SkywalkerOB, I plan on doing an early cloning after three weeks of growth. I'm hoping at that point they will be showing growth for a 5th node and I can top at the 3rd node. As soon as those show a first root, switch to 12/12 just on them. If they perform like my previous early clone sexing effort, I should have some indication of sex within 10-12 days.
#3 This is a Micro Grow in a small spaces. I have two tents, One is my original 2'x2.5' x 6'7" Gorilla Grow tent. The second is a smaller 2'x2'x4' given to me by my Brother @FelipeBlu, as he has moved up in size to a GGT. I'm going to be using small black waste paper trash cans that have about a 1.5gal capacity, with a Hempy Bucket growing technique. The baskets are oval in shape and feel I can easily fit 8 in the tent without the baskets touching. My plan is for a 6 plant grow, unless all three of the Skywalker are female from the early clone sexing, then will push on with 7 total.
#4 I plan on using a Mainlining LST form with two different topping. The first above the 3rd Node when the 5th node begins to separate. LST the two branches from that topping and them top each of then top them after the second node of each of them. LST the results of those toppings and then be ready for the flip to 12/12. This should create 4 colas for each plant and hopefully just let them grow straight up during the stretch.
#5 If I get a positive male out of the SkywalkerOG's it will be moved into isolation and hopefully harvest some pollen and perhaps pollinate one of the other clone females.
#6 Hoping to establish a time line for growing time in the small veg tent before moving into the larger flowering tent. With a semi accurate timeline, I could create the ability to do a semi perpetual grow cycle. Knowing how long I can keep a grow in the small tent before moving, will allow me to time a start to make that switches and coincides with a harvest coming out of the flowering tent.
#7 With that many plants in such a small place, it raises some concerns especially with humidity. I'm hoping flipping to 12/12 as soon as I feel all are stable after the toppings, and let the stretch begin using some defoliation techniques that I picked up on the last grow, will keep humidity under control. Hoping also the defoliation will help keep everyone a bit to themselves and not shading each other.
#8 Finally, looking to establish a base line for yield for a micro multiple plant grow vs the yield from just one. If I could get 1-2 oz per plant, I would consider that to be a huge success.

Lots of quests in the grow, feel it's good to list them up front to measure achievement.

So now on to the materials and components of the grow.
Growing Spaces: 45gal Storage Tote for seedlings and early veg. Small Veg Tent 2x2x4, Larger Flower Tent 2x2.5 x 6'7" Gorilla Grow Tent.
Lights: 2 bulb T5 Fixture with 6500K High Output Ultra Sun Blue Lamps for Veg. 2 Black Diamond Perfect Sun Mini's for flowering. Plants in isolation will be outside in the fresh air and natural sunlight.
Nutrients. Dyna Gro Protekt, Grow, and Bloom with Bonicare Cal-Mag. Also will be trying from the beginning some Bonicare Hydroguard and some Clones Root Maximizer Mycorrhizae.
Containers: Hempy Cups and Hempy Buckets. 3/1 perlite/vermiculite mix.

Let the fun begin! :ganjamon:

Wooot....in the front row...... :popcorn:

MY Cheesy poofs...... :cool:

Welcome Guy's, first in get front row seats!

So this afternoon after watering my Rey and clones, I mixed up at Clonex Clone Solution for Clones and Seedlings in a small 1/2 liter bottle pH'd it to just under 6 and then soaked three of the Clonex Root Riot Cubes. Checked on the seeds I dropped yesterday and they had sunk so placed them into the cubes. Placed the cubes into a propagation tray and into the Clone/Seedling Tote under a dome and with a propagation heating mat warming the space. Keeping it nice a dark until the first hint of green.
I taped and labeled my propagation tray in hopes of not confusing which is which in the future.
Dropped 2 ea of the Super Lemon Haze and Golden Leaf seeds into water today and will check again tomorrow morning.
In case you recognize these little cups, they are indeed plastic disposable communion cups used by my father to serve communion. I have a whole tube and will mark and keep for future use.

One final note for today. The seeds for the Super Lemon Haze were half the size of the Golden Leaf seeds. Interesting, the SkywalkerOB seeds were about a size in between.

I’m going to pull up a chair and a doobie. Wouldn’t miss this one! :ganjamon:
Oh yeah, this should be a trip and a half. Hopefully, my plan isn't going to bite off too much. However, since I believe Sue grows lots of plants at once, I'm going in that direction and see what I can do also. Hempy for sure though, that actually should keep it simple.

I'm partial to sweets, so I pulled up a chair with a box of Raisinettes. Old Guy candy!

I've stuffed 24 plants into a 2x4 before, so just a few will be OK! They did all get the lollipop treatment (Greensicle was the term used back then), but it really looked cool the last 4 weeks of Flower. Your grow plan seems solid, taking the time to veg
as planned is easily as important as everything else combined.

Best of luck with your new grow BTzGrow

Peace
Keith

Thanks KK! With all this awesome support and others dropping in, I'm sure I will have some great resources to draw upon. Good to hear your success with the 24plants in a 2x4. With only 6-7 plants I should have some comfort zone hopefully.

Funny you should menton. I actually did a affirmation for each seed as I placed in water. I am actually an ordained Universalist and also an ordained Dudist. Have done many weddings and several celebrations of life, from a very different point of view. Primarily for those who felt a normal normal ceremony just wasn't their cup of tea. Actually did several with Herbal Smudging of the Flower as part of the ceremony, per request of the participants. I have also created a certain ritual to my grows, such as holding higher energy through Reiki Symbols, especially at watering time. Being a Reiki Master for more than 26 years, I'm hoping the Universal Life Forces out there will enhance my grows. We shall see, my current grow is looking healthy.

Do this in remembrance...of Dad. :)

Indeed, there was a special feeling I got pulling out those little cups and dedicating them to the universal energy of which he is most certainly a part of.

Funny you should menton. I actually did a affirmation for each seed as I placed in water. I am actually an ordained Universalist and also an ordained Dudist. Have done many weddings and several celebrations of life, from a very different point of view. Primarily for those who felt a normal normal ceremony just wasn't their cup of tea. Actually did several with Herbal Smudging of the Flower as part of the ceremony, per request of the participants. I have also created a certain ritual to my grows, such as holding higher energy through Reiki Symbols, especially at watering time. Being a Reiki Master for more than 26 years, I'm hoping the Universal Life Forces out there will enhance my grows. We shall see, my current grow is looking healthy.

You had my attention with your grow. You have my interest now on your use of the symbols for reiki, I am level two. I really need to get back in touch!

I did recognize the "communion cups" right away, symbolically fitting that life be created in those vessels. The reflection on your Dad is great stuff! That two brothers agree about how good of a person he was is living proof of his positive influence and solid parenting. With this much positive energy, your grow cannot be anything but good.

Peace
Keith

I just came from a dinner party at my Dad’s, I have to say this thread made me all the more appreciative of the time I get to spend.

The other day he asked me if it was legal for me to give him some weed. So tonight I gave him a package with a Mars smell proof bag, a nice aluminum clad glass pipe, a lighter, and a nice jar of OG Kush. I feel so pleased that I get to share what I grew with him. He is usually fairly reserve but got very excited when I gave it to him. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom