Bubba Kush AutoFlower Micro Grow

NewToTHC

Hello:

Second journal here that I will post for members. My hardware and grow setup can be seen here in my previous grow of Durban Poison.
Durban Poison Micro Grow

This time around I will be growing a Autoflower Bubba Kush by DinaFem. Using a 2 gallon fabric pot with Promix HP as the mix. I added 6 tablespoons of Kelp Meal and a extra cup or two of Perlite. In the center I add a plug of seedling starter mix to provide some basic starting nutrients for a seedling.

The seed was soaked in a cup of water and a dash of hydrogen peroxide for 24 hours. Directly planted into the fabric pot about a 3/4" deep into the plug of seedling mix. Seed sprouted and broke the surface in about 3 days after the soak.

For nutrients I will be using MegaCrop at the recommended rates with some occasional top dressing of Kelp Meal. I may dose a bit of Cal-Mag if needed.

Here is 2 days after sprouting. Lighting cycle will be 20 ON and 4 OFF. First time ever growing a auto so a bit excited to see how it turns out.

Day 2

20200522_120655.jpg

Day 10

Well, looks like a bit of a setback, seedling does not look very healthy. the cabinet got quite warm last week, well into the mid 80's, so wonder if heat stress or perhaps too much light. I did give it a light watering/feeding at 200 ppm of MegaCrop so perhaps it's actually nute burn. Probably too soon to feed. Going to keep the cabinet door open to keep the temp under 80. Hopefully a improvement in a week.

20200531_013047.jpg

20200531_013416.jpg

Hi mate,

I would say your fair too early for nutrients. Your soil has it got nutrients built in it.

thinking off it now. Would you have splashed the leaves by accident with that mega crop nutrient. Also don’t over water little is better at this stage. Regards to your light. How far away is that.

peace and love

Yes, I think you are right. First time I used straight ProMix HP so was a bit worried there would be no nutes available at all. I don't believe I splashed any water on the leaves. With the door open I am able to keep the temp around 77 so will see if that helps. Quantum type LED board is about 18" from the top of the seedling. I can't move it any higher.

Will see how it looks next week. I am hoping for a growth spurt anytime...assuming it's in a healthy state.

Well I think I might have to call this grow a flop. Getting worse. I am wondering if it is some type of virus or bad seed?. Last ditch effort is I have moved it to my secondary light and will see how it is after a week, if no better the trash it goes along with the soil.

20200602_222755.jpg

20200602_222748.jpg

Well...calling this a FAIL. Three weeks and this is all it's progressed to. Suspecting a bad seed. Going to transplant it in some Ocean Forest soil and see if I can get it to finish, even if it's only a gram <g>.

I have a second seed from the same breeder in a glass of water. Will plant again in straight ProMix HP with a cup or two of extra perlite and see if I have better luck.

20200607_023546.jpg

20200607_023611.jpg

I transplanted the sick seedling into some Ocean Forest soil last week, certainly perked up. Sprouted another bean a couple days ago. Starting to show the same issue as the first seedling. Beginning to wonder if it's the ProMix HP. Maybe I should be fertilizing right now?

20200614_211949.jpg

20200614_212006.jpg

im using promix hp and i didnt have those problems.

I think the plant here is going sideways becasue the intensity of light is to much. if you look at the manifactur manual it tells you the hight needed. Also, I wouldn't grow seedlings under the heavy light as it is too much for them. Normally a T5 would be suffecient for the first month.

Fox farm has allot more nutritions than ProMix Hp.

Hmm, you could be right about the light intesnity, are auto flowers in general less tolerant of higher intensity light.

Well, I am pretty confident in saying that I think the issue was nutrient deficiency. Look at the first seedling how it ahs improved after less than two weeks in the Ocean Forest Mix. Second seedling is starting to perk up after some moderate feedings with MegaCrop at around 400 ppm.

20200627_011545.jpg

20200627_011539.jpg

Phew! I'm glad you figured the issue out. That sounded stressful!

I've had good results from starting nutes as soon as the first node (first serrated leaves) is developed, albeit at 1/4 strength to begin with, and then 1/2, and then full strength when the plant has developed its third node to a decent degree.

Thanks, it could also be a difficult to grow strain, but I am pretty sure it was a lack of nutrients or a specific nute/mineral. have never grown in ProMix before and I don't think the rule of no nutes for 3 weeks probably applies. The seedling that was on it's last legs certainly perked up in the Ocean Forest.

Your setup looks quite interesting, feel free to share some details.

Thanks, it could also be a difficult to grow strain, but I am pretty sure it was a lack of nutrients or a specific nute/mineral. have never grown in ProMix before and I don't think the rule of no nutes for 3 weeks probably applies. The seedling that was on it's last legs certainly perked up in the Ocean Forest.

Your setup looks quite interesting, feel free to share some details.

Cheers!

Box: 1' x 1' x 2' cardboard box (soon to be an actual cabinet of the same dimensions)
Lights: 6 x 15W LED panels with Samsung lm301bs, dimmable
Soil: Local potting mix (peat-based), amended with neem granules, perlite, dolomite lime
Strain: Bagseed (until proper seeds arrive)
Nutes: Bio Canna line
Others: Seedling heat mat for preserving warmth at night (winter here)

My plants are at their 5th and 6th nodes.

First real grow!

:Namaste:

Well done, however I think you are going to run out of room pretty quick unless you of course flip the lights early in veg. I use a scrog wire setup which you can see in my earlier micro grow of Durban Poison. Really helps to keep the height down in flower.

Durban Poison Micro Grow

Back
Top Bottom