Bubba Kush - CFL - Grow

MortalWombat

Basically I decided a couple months ago to go ahead and start growing myself due to the extreme prices in my area and horrible quality even though both possessing and growing are HIGHLY illegal where I live. Did my research and talked to the ol' lady and got the go ahead. She gave me about a 3x4 space in the spare br and it had to be some-what discreet. So I designed a grow tent and started collecting materials. I originally ordered a Cheese Auto and got a Lemon Skunk Auto and a Bubba Kush Fem for free from True North Seedbank. The Cheese and the Lemon Skunk did not pop. I started a threat about this on another site. Anyway the Bubba Kush ended up being the only one that popped so I decided to go ahead and try to do a large single plant grow using the manifolding or main-lining technique along with some others like super-cropping, etc. So here is the start of my journey.

Bubba Kush Fem born on 3/15/16.

The Grow Setup

Home Depot Mobile Closet. White Cloth, Zip Up, 3.5’x4’x6’.
14CFLs- 8 100w Equiv 2700k, 4 100w Equiv 5000k, 2 150w Equiv 6500k spread around the grow box.
2 Misc. Small fans from HD or Walmart.
2 Large Surge Protector Power Strips and small extension cords. Light timers, temp/humidity reader, pH meter, lumen meter.
12" Plastic Pots
Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
1 Bubba Kush Fem Bean

Germination

3/14/16 Bean dropped in saucer of water. Popped 24 hours later and planted tap root up just under surface and covered. Wrapped plastic over top of pot.

Sprout
3/15/16 Sprout emerges from soil.

3/16/16 8:50pm I removed the plastic bag due to the sprout touching the bag. Right now I have just 1 100w equiv 5000k cfl about 5in away from the sprout on 18/6. Once the 2 main leaves show I will transplant into its final 12in pot and it will go into the grow box with a 3:1 ratio of 5000k:2700k until flower, which then it will go 1:3 on 12/12.

Seedling
3/20/16 Seedling was getting a little stretchy and was about 4" tall with its first node leaves starting to shoot up. Decided to do the transplant. Put seedling in a 12" Pot with FF Ocean Forest and a couple large smooth stones at the bottom of the pot for better drainage. Plant is now inside of the grow tent with 4-100w Equiv 5000k's 2-60w Equiv 5000k's and 2-100w Equiv 2700k's. Temp is reading high due to lights and hood being so close..82 deg F.

I will throw some pics up tomorrow when the lights are on. :bong::rollit:

If it's only a few days old then one 6500k cfl will do, but it needs to be within an few inches to prevent stretch. You could use all those cfls in your tent and unless they're close enough you'll still get stretch. Imo. Plus you save money on electricity...you've got a good plan set forth, good luck and as always...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Boy does this girl really like co2. I build a DIY co2 generator. As soon as I put the rig inside the tent she immediately started blowing up. Still not using and nutes and I will probably wait another week or two before starting. Also I ordered a 300w Mars-Hydro LED to help out with late veg and flower stage. These were taken 3.20.16 Day of Transplant and 3.24.16/3.25.16 2-3 days AFTER co2 was added. 3.24.16/3.25.16

Check out my member gallery for pics.

I also recieved a few more things I had ordered. A Digital Ph Pen & TDS Pen, Clonex Gel, 4-in-1 Digital: ph, light, moisture and temp gauge.

Here are some more pics from today. Does she look a little tight from node-to-node to you guys? JW if I need to raise the lights a little. I have them about 3.5"-4" away right now. I will be starting the mainlining process after I get about the 6th node. I will be making a clone from that top. I am still waiting on the LED Panel to arrive. Also figured out how to post the pics from your gallery.

Today 3/28/16
20160328_064806.jpg
20160328_064631.jpg
20160328_064625_HDR.jpg
20160328_064703.jpg

The Mars-Hydro 300w LED Panel I ordered came in last night.
20160329_204111.jpg

Here are a couple pics from this morning after handing the LED Panel. Temps in my tent dropped ~10 deg F from a high of 92 and a low of 88 to a high of 82 and a low of 74. Humidity has also increased due to temperature drop. Humidity is now a constant 40% instead of jumping tremendously from 13% (dry, before watering) up to 42% (after watering. I also noticed the soil stayed moist throughout the night and day today even though I only watered yesterday morning and not this morning.

Also I added 2 6500K 100W Equiv bulbs because I noticed alot more dark spots after the change over to LED.

20160330_154723.jpg
20160330_154837.jpg
20160330_154850.jpg

3/31/16 11:30am Just fed her with 1/2 Strength Fox Farms Big Bloom for the first time. Ph was 6.7 when fed. Gave her a really good soaking and tossed out the drain water. She should be good for today and all day tomorrow at least. Once she dries up I will just give her water.

My QOTD is: Should I be concerning myself with the run-off ph and ppm yet? Or does that come into play once she is bigger with a larger root mass?

Made the first cut on her last night...after doing some more research about this specific strain and phenotype (Pre-98 Bubba) I decided to go a different route with training. This strain is a slow vegger and takes longer to recover as well. If I ended up doing the main-lining training it would have added a significant amount of time (around a month) just for recovery and growth time necessary.

So...I fimmed her last night. I think my plan is to use LST and fimming to get multiple heads I am trying to acheive.

Snid maybe similar to your white widows?? They gave me a new view on LST, I had only scratched the surface in my previous searches on the subject...

After she recovers and shows her new growth from the FIM I will bend her over for some LST Training.

QOTD: Is it ok for me to remove a couple of the large fan leaves to get the light to the shoots? If so which ones and how many should I remove?

Thanks in advance!!

:Namaste:

1st Cut - FIM

20160331_190758.jpg
20160331_190753.jpg

Literally anything is possible with these plants. They will set Themselves straight back up from whatever you train them to do. I'm currently doing a lst (id like to call it sheparding) grow for an auto. I'll be uploading it in the next few days. I say give her hell:)

As for ppm and Ph, I wouldn't worry about runoff yet. Just keep the water / feed ph'd going in the soil. Not sure about soil feeding ppm values, I'm just doing 2/3 of recommendation for nutes. Recording the Ppms and I'll see what reveals itself as I go into flower. Simply put I need to research this myself.

KiG Wombat :green_heart:cheers

Literally anything is possible with these plants. They will set Themselves straight back up from whatever you train them to do. I'm currently doing a lst (id like to call it sheparding) grow for an auto. I'll be uploading it in the next few days. I say give her hell:)

As for ppm and Ph, I wouldn't worry about runoff yet. Just keep the water / feed ph'd going in the soil. Not sure about soil feeding ppm values, I'm just doing 2/3 of recommendation for nutes. Recording the Ppms and I'll see what reveals itself as I go into flower. Simply put I need to research this myself.

KiG Wombat :green_heart:cheers

Yes I am going through your current journal and a couple others now for some tips with the LST'ing. Also I am still learning about the ppm but from what I am getting from it you can measure your plants nutrient uptake if you read it correctly before and after, etc. Still learning but its all extremely interesting. I honestly did not realize the amount of effort and time that could go into these things. As I said before this is not only a way for me to get my own proper medicine, but its also turning into a hobby! :smokin:

As I said before this is not only a way for me to get my own proper medicine, but its also turning into a hobby!
it is definitely a fun hobby, right up there with hunting and fishing. I can't get enough of any of those, but indoor grows are now my winter pass time for the foreseeable future. I love it:)

It sounds like you're experiencing symptoms from the early onset of the grow fever... Be careful, it's a doozy!

KiG brother :green_heart:cheers

So my fiance finally named her this morning. Her name will be Thalia.

Thalia (/θəˈlaɪə/; Ancient Greek: Θάλεια, Θαλία; "the joyous, the flourishing", from Ancient Greek: θάλλειν, thállein; "to flourish, to be verdant"), also spelt Thaleia, was the Muse who presided over comedy and idyllic poetry. In this context her name means "flourishing", because the praises in her songs flourish through time.[1] She was the daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne, the eighth-born of the nine Muses.

Also between last night and this morning I plucked 2 sets off of her. One set was directly below the FIM and no matter how much tucking I did the large fans just kept reaching straight up, covering the new growth. Also the largest set of fan leaves coming from the 3nd node were also not taking to the tucking method very well and was largely inhibiting the growth of the shoots underneath so I decided to go ahead any pluck those as well. The other 2 sets of large fan leaves are being held down with large garden staples I was going to use to main-lining before I decided to go another route. :grinjoint:

Pics will be up shortly! :smokin:

Is there any way either I or a Mod could change the title? Just need it to say LED/CFL instead of just CFL. Might help attract more interested & helpful people..

Fron this morning after yesterdays bondage session..teehee.. :thumb:
20160402_104311.jpg
20160402_104307.jpg
20160402_104252.jpg
20160402_104245.jpg

Next time im in the nursery I will try to get pics of the shoot growth. Its already responding! Most of the leaves you are seeing still on her are from the shoots. I also re-filled the co2 generator for Thalia to get some fresh powerful co2 in her!

Ohh Thalia, how you like it so rough!!

Decided to go all the way with her this morning.. serious LSTing and defoliation. She was just too bushy and the nodes were being totally covered. She is responding well.

Slight LST
20160402_104311.jpg
20160402_104307.jpg

Serious LST and defoliation..she got a unwanted split on one of her shoot stems but she will be just fine! I removed all fan leaves from the main stem and a couple from the shoot stems that were blocking downward light.
20160403_220112.jpg
20160403_220144.jpg
20160403_220212.jpg

Look how much more spread out she is already instead of one bush..I know I made the right choice for sure tho!

And this was just to see how the panoramic function worked..not bad for a tiny picture/space. Its gonna be amazing for our trips!
20160403_220625_Pano.jpg

Nice training wombat, very well done indeed. You'll see that every time she reset herself, that you be creating a little bushier structure with each time you fix the frame.

By the way... Sick signature!! Like a pro :thumb:
KiG brother :green_heart:Cheers

Thanks man!!

Spent a good bit of time with Thalia this morning. Getting her all tied down and set up. Accidentally snapped a branch clean in half. Taped it up but this evening when I checked on her the tips of the branch had wilted. Will she re-bond and recover it or should I just go ahead and totally remove it?

20160404_133551_HDR.jpg
20160404_133528.jpg
20160404_133517.jpg
20160404_133507_HDR.jpg

Leave it there, not doing anything detrimental to the plant yet. Once it dries out then pick it off, if it hasn't fallen off itself. Consider it a mistake and remember DON'T do it again. Lol... It happens, move on... You'll be able to fill that space with new growth anyways.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom