Bubba Kush - DWC - LED

TheEEngineer

This is my first grow in nearly 4 years, I have been working towards my degree in Electrical Engineering and now that is nearly done I am getting back into this again.

Strain: Bubba Kush
Current Stage: Veg
Veg: 2 Weeks in, Topped on the 30th of December
Grow Room: 4x4x6.5
Hydro: DWC
Light: 300W LED
Temp: 65F-76F night day swing
RH: 48%
PH: 5.8
TDS: Trying to stay around 900ppm with my ~110ppm tap water
Using Lucas Formula with some modification, added in Hydroguard
IMG_016741.JPG

IMG_016542.JPG
IMG_016339.JPG

IMG_016139.JPG

IMG_015746.JPG

A quick update with a few pictures, it has been pretty cold and last night while the lights were off the temp dropped to 60F. That is lower than I would like and am looking at getting a small space heater for the tent to keep temperatures higher when the lights are off. The roots are looking good, pH was at 6.0 this morning while ppm remained stable, added some water and brought down the pH to 5.8 If all goes well this weekend they will be putting into their own 5 gallon buckets.
IMG_20160111_100903.jpg

IMG_20160111_100937.jpg
IMG_20160111_100953.jpg

Nice man can't wait to see them in the buckets!.. just an FYI I put my seedlings straight into the system with no issue! i think they can handle it no issue! also are you having ph swings in the toat they are in now?

it's all good just wondering. I know some people have issues with some plastics leeching into the water causing ph swings. they look good tho. keep it up whatever you decide I'm sure it will turn out fine!

Last night before the lights went out for 6 hours I was able to move the plants to their own 5Gal buckets, this morning they are looking great! The heater kept temperatures while the lights were off above 65 (lights are on from 00:00-18:00) I stopped using tap water now, I used some camping water containers to get some RO water at the grocery store. Temperature currently is 68F which is pretty good considering it will warm up more this morning. On another note I am looking at getting a better camera for pictures.
IMG_20160113_175502.jpg
IMG_20160114_072653.jpg
IMG_20160114_072658.jpg
IMG_20160114_072704.jpg

Welcome back EE. Girls are looking nice, Hope it's cool to pull up the lazy boy and learn something.

Absolutely, I am doing this to also document my failures and successes in order to help others along with myself to learn. It should be interesting to see how much faster they start to grow now that I have the lights on full power as well, prior I was just using the Veg switch to get them used to being under a more powerful light, still learning more about LEDs over HID.

Took me two years of research and two years of success/failure to finely hone in on the benefits of LED's. Fun ride and now the ROI final begins to show. This is the place to be if you run into any winkles. Great farmers that know all the secrets to succeed.
Here is a link to add your grow to your signature. Good luck:
How to Add Links to Signatures

I appreciate that, also I will have to check out your signature thread, I am a Navy Riverine Veteran from the mid 2000's.
Come on into the Vet's Lounge. You will be welcomed with open arms. Some of the finest farmers and multi Plant of the Month winners hanging out.
Thanks for your service....

Starting this morning I began my 7 day chart filled out twice for each day that will contain temperatures and RH for the tent as well as TDS, pH and temperature of each reservoir. At the beginning of the next day I will add in the max and min temperatures along with RH for the tent. Using this I can track changes in the plants over a week to better determine each plants nutrient requirements based on environment. I added in one of those MyCO2 in the tent to see if they are worthwhile for an enclosed tent.
On another note the plants seem to be liking the transition to the buckets. I am still looking for some sort of camera in which to purchase so I can add better pictures.
IMG_20160115_104759.jpg
IMG_20160115_104749.jpg
IMG_20160115_104731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom