Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

I've got a Nikon, but I like this one better.
Well my last soil item will be on the doorstep tomorrow so maybe this weekend or Monday I'll premix everything in a sterlite tub. The one Bubba Kush Katsu cut S1 seedling looks rough; I hope I don't lose it damn a benjamin for that bean! Happens, though..... :(

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

Hey welcome! For an update, all 6 of the seedlings are up and have grown the first sets of true leaves; the Benjamin plant (a.k.a. $100.00 Bubba Kush - Katsu cut S1 plant) still isn't doing well but it's still hanging in there; it'll lag a bit behind the others. The last Pre '98 seed is about to shed the husk and I'll get the toothpick in a few hours if it's not off. I am going to try to premix my mineralized soil 3 weeks prior to the first transplant; I'll judge that by growth rate. And I'll try to get a few pics up soon. These don't grow in leaps and bounds, but the Master Kush seedlings seem to be more like a commercial strain as far as growth rate so they may go into flowering earlier than the rest.

:peace:

Both Master Kush plants had to be transferred to a slightly larger pot prior to the first mineralized soil transplant, and tomorrow both one of the Bubba Kush Katsu cuts and one of the Pre '98s will follow. Roots are coming out of the bottom of the pots. The late Pre '98 is behind so it will be okay. On a note of bad news, the Benjamin plant had a fungus or damp rot of the main stem, which is why it wasn't getting any bigger. I tried to cut it, dip it in Olivia's cloning gel, and put it back in new soil, but I've never had luck doing that with seedlings. On a note of good news upon opening the package to get a redo I discovered that I got 4 seeds instead of the 2 I thought. I took another seed which was slightly warped (might not have been the best idea to take the worst one) and put it into germ today. I will be mixing the mineralized soil tomorrow and I hope to get some pics up too.

Thanks. Here's the first Bubba Kush Pre '98:

0011478.JPG

Here's the first Bubba Kush Katsu cut:

0021481.JPG

And both of the Master Kush plants:

0041317.JPG
0031410.JPG

The second Pre '98 is small yet, and the second Katsu cut is now in a 4" peat pot ready to pop the soil. I made up the mineralized soil today, hand stirred, and watered it in with 2 gallons of RO water. That's one pricey soil mix..... :)

Thanks man :) They're looking good going into veg, but a little small from the lower wattage CFL (200 full spectrum). The nice thing is that they are short so I should be able to top the 4 Bubba Kush S1s and it will give me a little time to LST the Master Kush plants. I think I'll do the second part of veg under a 400 watt MH, which I'll start flowering under. I'll move to a 400 watt HPS when I see hairs and hopefully finish them under my 600 watt HPS. Then again I may move them straight into the 600 watt unit to start; we'll see.

Mostly what I got is overcrowded units from being pot greedy :) I'm hoping to have all that under control by the time these have to start flowering. It would be a lot better once I got them going to put them right into the 600 watt HPS unit but I might not have the room at first.

I decided instead not to clone every single thing I like and take time to think my grows out. I just fed both of the Master Kush, one Pre '98, and one Katsu cut a 19 ml/gallon dose of AN's Mother Earth. It's usually for hydroponics, but it will work in all mediums and it will give the mineralized soil a little more time to break down before I do the first transplant. In about 6 weeks depending on growth rate I can start 12/12 on these and as soon as they get along the 600 watt HPS unit should be open. I just can't overdo things now and I'll be okay. I know I have to get used to the idea of culling sooner or later. I'm going to wait until the seeds are of my own breeding (free of charge) before I get into the habit :)

Doing good Medicatetoday and thanks for stopping by! Here they are, most of them @ 1 day past 3 weeks old. The older Bubba Kush Pre '98:

0041326.JPG

Older Bubba Kush Katsu cut (looks Kush to me):

0051257.JPG

And both Master Kush plants:

0061088.JPG
0071032.JPG

Here are the late planted ones (Katsu cut on the left; Pre '98 on the right):

008950.JPG

I'll stir the mineralized soil up more today. :)

Back
Top Bottom