Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

subbed mukker

Hey welcome I hope we all get to see firsthand the difference between the Pre '98 and the Katsu cut of Bubba Kush :) Wish you guys could smoke the difference with me.

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

I will smoke it with you dont worry... in my dreams :) hehe

Looking good! My babys are almost all with that size too , all transplanted yesterday to 7 L pots :) Im watching out to buy one pack of ten seeds of one good strain to cross and have fems in the future, 10 regular seeds, i will give this one to you Mr.Chimp :) What do you think i can try? you can say 3 or 4 strains or more, that way is easier to choose! (Just regulars)

I will smoke it with you dont worry... in my dreams :) hehe

Looking good! My babys are almost all with that size too , all transplanted yesterday to 7 L pots :) Im watching out to buy one pack of ten seeds of one good strain to cross and have fems in the future, 10 regular seeds, i will give this one to you Mr.Chimp :) What do you think i can try? you can say 3 or 4 strains or more, that way is easier to choose! (Just regulars)

For crosses? Feminizing? Breeding? I'll go with:
Mr. Nice - G13 Haze
Sensi Seeds - Mr. Nice (G13 x Hash Plant)
Ace Seeds - Lao Sativa
Mr. Nice - Super Silver Haze
:)

I don't need to plan my Pre '98 Lashkar Afghani x Deep Chunk grow out; it goes right in after my Old Timers Haze plants are gone and the ballast gets switched to 250 watt with a 250 watt MH/HPS for a month (18/6), a 400 watt MH for the next month (16/8), and the 400 watt HPS to finish things. But I was thinking of doing a poll because I don't want to do another thin Sativa grow until I got some dope piled up. Give everybody a choice as to what I'll do next, like your idea Medicatetoday. I've got a Tangerine Dream/Chocolope grow to do before that, though.

Upper: Both Master Kush plants. Lower left: Bubba Kush (Katsu cut). Lower right: Pre '98 Bubba Kush.

0061093.JPG

They are going to hit the mineralized soil in about a week. :peace:

Thanks again! Yeah this is probably the most I've wanted to do a grow yet. Hell Bubba Kush is legend, and to get 2 S1 cuts is a dream come true to me. I did the Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 (Master Kush) along with them for yield. Can't wait to get these rolling in the 1 gallon pot and see how the soil mix works. :)

Plants are looking super healthy my friend. How long before transplant?

I was aiming at a week to give the mineralized soil a bit more time to break down, but I might be going early. They're all getting close to outgrowing the smaller pots (except the last 2 I planted 1 and 2 weeks later than these). I'm watering I would say light to moderately; the plants are in a 5.5" square plastic pot (still Roots Organic soil), and I think I'm going to have to give them one more full dose of AN Mother Earth Grow w/CaMg+ before the transplant. The Katsu cut is showing a little lightness in the leaf color.....

:peace:

I had to go along with my original plan of going one month before the transplant. Yesterday I put all 4 of the Bubba Kush into 1 gallon pots of mineralized soil along with the 2 Master Kush plants (1 BK was only a week old and one was two weeks; hope they'll be okay). Here's one of the Master Kush plants sitting in the mineralized soil:

0011497.JPG

In the 5.5" pots these roots on the Bubba Kush plants did well (Katsu cut first, Pre '98 second):

0021500.JPG
0031429.JPG

I decided to use some of this mineralized soil with some of my clones. The 2 Nirvana Ice clones on the right and the Big Buddha Blue Cheese on the left were put from 1 gallon pots into 2 gallon pots using this mix (they have been growing in Subcool's super soil mix prior to this):

0041338.JPG

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 (more branchy; sorry about the pic quality):

0011498.JPG

Bubba Kush (Katsu cut) S1 (less branchy and more Kush-like in appearance):

0021501.JPG

In a day or two I'll top them both just above the third node. Here's the 2 Master Kush plants at the first part of LST:

0031431.JPG
0041339.JPG

Going good so far :)

Thanks. You're braver than I am; I haven't tried a coco grow yet.....

I had to adjust both of the LSTed ones this morning. I also topped the Pre '98 just above the third node, cloned the top of it in Pro-Mix HP/5.5" plastic pot, supercropped the Katsu cut (I keep wanting to write "Katsup") above the second and third node, and fed the second Pre '98 a full dose of AN Mother Earth Grow (small amount). The branching isn't much on the Katsu (just what I wanted) and I may top this plant after they start growing out more in response to the supercropping (if they do). When the branches get big enough on the Master Kush plants that my old a$$ can see 'em I'll FIM :)

The first four plants are 4 weeks and 2 days old from seed. The second Pre '98 is 3 weeks and 2 days from seed. And the last Katsu cut is 2 weeks and 2 days old from seed.

Master Kush plants:

013578.JPG
014528.JPG

The younger Pre '98:

015472.JPG

The younger Katsu cut:

016433.JPG

The topped Pre '98:

017387.JPG

The top of that Pre '98 :) :

019311.JPG

And the first Katsu cut:

018349.JPG

I FIM'ed some tops on both MK plants and topped one branch completely to get it to turn into two to fill an empty spot. The roots on both are coming out of the pots and I may have to go to the 3 gallon pot sooner than 3 weeks from now. My Chem D grow will be done soon, so I can rotate crops and get these MKs under a 250 watt MH/HPS for a few more weeks. I'm vegging the Bubbas longer because of the low yield.

Note: The Pre '98 Bubba Kush I topped must have been a bit too late to do it at the third node. As opposed to making it bush out, I kind of half a$$ed Uncle Ben topped 'er. There are 4 stems coming up to make up for the apical meristem being cut. There are other branches underneath so I'll supercrop the main 4 and hopefully the rest will catch up. Otherwise everything is looking good.

Back
Top Bottom