Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

your plants look great. I wonder why that one plant couldn't take the heat?

i'm glad the molasses brought some color back. I would use molasses again next watering as I still see high lither green which indicates too much nutrients. the molasses should help the soil and plant break down the nutes and use them more wisely :)

you should also consider squeezing a lemon into your mix :Namaste:

This unit was totally sealed and has a CO2 bag on top of the light ballast. The reflector from front to back touches both the doors in front and the wall in back. There is no way for heat to dissipate upward except for a 1' space on both sides of the reflector, partially obstructed by the 8" flex duct on both ends. I opened up the hole on top of the one side yesterday, and the Pre '98 on that side I topped to get rid of the wilted and dried up growth seems to have stopped. The oldest Katsu that started showing signs of the problem also is showing them still. I decided to test my theory and switch the Katsu to the right side and the Pre '98 to the left. If I see the Pre '98 starting again I'll have to drill a hole in the left side to make sure heat gets out on both sides (that 600 watt HPS in a closed up small space like that gives me Hell at times).
I decided to take Omar X's advice and go with Hygrozyme (9 ml/gal). I'll do that once a week with 1 Tbsp. molasses (if the lemon juice won't mess with the Hygrozyme I'll give it a try, unless the lemon juice does the same thing as it).
Thanks again.

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

Note: I put 4 thin bamboo stakes in the center 5 gallon pot and tied off to spread the main branches of the topped Pre '98 out. Hopefully it will keep them out of the light bleach zone. And it opened up the center of the plant nicely. I finished the Bubba Kush unit off by a light defol of all the tall plants and a bit of lollipopping. Lesson learned on these; topping is almost a necessity as tight as the branching is.

Oh a Cannaventure Seeds Chemdawg D BX 3 clone will be joining the two Nirvana Seeds Master Kush plants today or tomorrow. I'm out of room in my other two 12/12 units, and I have to get it going.

:peace:

Thanks KJC. Here's more documentation. :)
This is the third day since I topped the first Pre '98 that started showing the wilt and moved it to the left side of the grow unit. I cut it down all the way to an unaffected area, which also put it down below the height that the Katsu I had on that side started wilting at. Here is the topped area now:

010842.JPG

The Katsu cut (taller, until the top I also had to do on it) was showing wilt still even after the top; hence the reason I decided to do the test of switching sides. There are four tops on this plant now, and I spread them out before this pic was taken (I promise I won't pull on the delicate growth of the new meristems now that I have them spread out, which isn't helping the problem any):

009902.JPG

Problem solved? Hope so!
Here's the 2nd Katsu cut w/4 tops:

011722.JPG

Spreading these branches out on this 1st Pre '98 will help these lowers to get some light:

0081008.JPG

I saw this today and thought it kicked a$$. Check out the leaf on the right side just below the top bud man that's frosty for a fan leaf :)

0071104.JPG

These are slow flowering strains here I better be patient.....

Starting to look nice (bad pic quality; sorry):

0041411.JPG
0051338.JPG
011723.JPG
010844.JPG
0061167.JPG
009904.JPG

Here's the 2 plants that were damaged at the tips:

0021563.JPG
0031499.JPG

I'm trying to play a game of catch-up with the nutes; the new growth looks really good at the middle of the canopy. They seem to be okay @ 9 ml. Hygrozyme and 1 Tbsp. molasses, so I'll up it to 2 Tbsp. molasses along with the Hygrozyme and see if I can get the paleness out of the leaves. I have to take some of the big fan leaves soon; they are blocking out the lower buds.

More pics (I need to start taking these out and putting them under a fluorescent light to take pics):

0021564.JPG
0031500.JPG
0061168.JPG
0051339.JPG
0041412.JPG
0081011.JPG
0071107.JPG

I defoliated a bit, and as these progress I'll do more. The leaves cluster more than anything I've grown yet. And the shades, even though they're like major solar panels to this plant, cover all the lower nodes and shoots.

Note: Everything Pre '98 in this grow got fed the following this morning:

2 Tbsp. Hi-Brix molasses
10 ml. Hygrozyme
1/2 tsp. Great White Shark (powder form)

Minus the overly damaged leaves due to previous underfeeding and being too close to the light, the rest of these plants seem to be looking close to well again. I defoliated the Master Kush plants yesterday and I'll try to get a pic or two up tonight. As soon as I give the Katsu Bubbas and Master Kush one more dose of GWS, that will be it for the mycos.
The MKs got fed two days ago with the same above dose - GWS.

they do look good. they are reaching for the sky and full of resin, so you can't complain :)

lovely! she's reaching for the sky but she does look hungry. what do you feed with again?

I've been feeding with Hi-Brix molasses and Hygrozyme, b.real. The main problem is I didn't do enough research, and thought I was supposed to start molasses feeding AFTER the nutes ran out in the mineralized soil. I'm going to do some reading up on soil microbes as soon as I can, so I have a better understanding of what is doing what and when it is doing it.

Update: The 3 Pre '98 plants are starting to get a smell to them; kind of sweet (molasses?). The leaves on the oldest one near the top at the light bleach zone are showing P deficiency, but getting a bit of natural purple too. The later topped plant is a bit behind the other two (due to it being topped during flowering).
Of the 3 Katsu cuts the clone is still in the veg tent (just now starting to take) and the other two are coming along into flowering, but not as pronounced as the Pre '98s and they're not as frosty yet either.
The Katsu looks lower yield than the Pre '98 so far.
The Master Kush plants are the strain type that drop leaves at the slightest problem; they're yellow as Hell before they fall off. But the rest of the plant is going healthy as all get out. I don't like the way it grows, I don't like the way it smells, everything I've grown and smoked that looks like it barely gets me a buzz so basically it better get me high as phukk or else it's all getting kiefed like graveyard smellin' $hit should..... :(

This is the clone from the top of the Pre '98, taken out of the grow unit and put under a fluorescent light. This is the closest pic to the actual colors I've taken so far, for anyone wanting to get a general idea of the health of these. You can see the bleaching in the fan leaves; although it's a bit into flower I think it's too much and the plant needs food:

0021568.JPG
0031507.JPG

I'll check my records to see how long exactly this plant has been in the pot, but it may be time for me to bubble up some bat poo soon.....

hmm.. hard to say if she's hungry or if her roots have mild nitrogen burn. either way, she's very happy and growing at a good rate.

you know your plants better than we do, keeping doing what you're doing.

CHCOLOPE! i'll see you there!

The first topped Pre '98 (that last clone's mom) under the same light conditions. Down in the upper middle of the plant the leaves look somewhat normal, but as you can see when the branches go higher the leaves start getting lighter. You can see that some of the purple in the fans is normal, but most of it is I bet is lack of food:

009910.JPG
010851.JPG
012659.JPG

If anybody knows how long it takes to activate guano nutes with molasses not using a bubbler, please chime in; I think it's a week but I'm not sure. Thanks ahead of time..... :tokin:

Today marks 1 day past 5 weeks of 12/12 for the first Pre '98 Bubba I put into flower. For the past week, heavy molasses feedings (which again, I should have started at the beginning) haven't been helping it any. This morning all 5 of them looked pale, the smallest topped Katsu showing it the least (the other 5 have been under 12/12 for 1 day short of 4 weeks). Last night I mixed 3 gallons of RO water with 3 Tbsp. of SuperSwell 0-7-0 and 3 Tbsp. of molasses, shook it up a lot, then let it sit until this morning. All 5 plants were fed 2 gallons of this solution, and will be fed the same mix when necessary until the last 7-10 days. The last gallon will be fed to the Master Kush wow do they need it the leaves that are dropping are light canary yellow and the petioles are burgundy :(
More pics later.....

The cool thing about putting the older Pre '98 and the 2 Master Kush plants into flower ahead of time is that I saw the nute deficiencies in them in time to feed the others before they start showing it as bad. I'm hooked to the idea that these will go one month in a nutrient enriched mix, then need to be fed. With a foodless medium (soilless or perlite hempy grows) the deficiencies show quicker. With these natural breakdown feeding routines, they seem to trickle off and it's hard to notice deficiencies until it's too late (in flower with mineralized and super soil, I see it at the 6th week which is a crappy time in the plant's life to try to help it make a turnaround). Well I know how I'm going to do it next time anyway.....

Back
Top Bottom