Bubba Kush - Pre '98 & Katsu Cut S1 w/ Tora Bora & Master Kush - Mineralized Soil

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

Katsu cut Bubba Kush:

0021582.JPG
0011589.JPG

:peace:

Re: Bubba Kush - Pre '98 and Katsu cut S1 w/ Tora Bora and Master Kush; Mineralized S

I really like this mineralized soil through veg, even though I want to play with the amounts some to tweak it in. I'm going to go with a super soil mix during flowering this next time around, though. The unit I have the 2 Master Kush plants in is surrounded by concrete block wall in a basement, and it's difficult to keep temps up. With the reflector cooling fan speed control down all the way I only get 76 degrees F when the light is on. I keep a seedling starter mat under the plants to keep the roots working. Here they are, looking light in the leaves:

0021591.JPG
0031531.JPG

my cannabis never goes as far as I would like.

Speaking of which, I'm almost out now. That's not the reason I may be chopping this one soon though KJC>>>>>

At 7 weeks today of 12/12 and 40 days since I saw the first hairs, here's the first Verdant Green Pre '98 Bubba Kush I put into flower. I messed a good part of this grow up big time (for a number of reasons I'll theorize on in a second):

0031534.JPG
0011598.JPG
0041445.JPG

I keep trying to feed but at this point there's not enough time and I don't like feeding after this many brown hairs form. One thing I noticed the past couple of days is that the stems are all starting to yellow. The only time I ever see this is when a plant is dying (3 revegs I tried did that before the last wisp of green on the plant dried up and they croaked). The leaves won't come out of it enough from the feedings either.

0051369.JPG
0061198.JPG
0021594.JPG

The Dr, Greenthumb Katsu cut Bubba Kush looks like it'll make it, but it's not the healthiest either :(

0071133.JPG
0081038.JPG

Yep I'll be taking that Pre '98 early it looks like. I gave it some molasses and RO water this morning. I've got the top growing right next to it and a lil' clone in it's pot too, so if I like it early I got another to let go longer and a clone to keep the pheno going. I'll reveg the clone too. :)

such a pretty plant. you're making me want to take a samples off my plant :high-five:

A) Putting plants (especially young ones) into this mix before it has time to activate will give you problems that as an amateur I can't even begin to explain.

B)I need to give extra time to activate because of cooler temps. I think at least 3 weeks preferably 4 from now on, even though this next grow I have going in will be only 2-3 weeks and may give me problems too (bad timing).

C) @ 5-6 weeks of activation, I put a GDP clone about a foot tall plus in this mineralized soil. I did that one right and fed molasses and Hygrozyme for 1 month, then molasses and Super Swell 0-7-0 which I will feed it to the end. I think it looks really healthy. I'll try to duplicate this method, taking into consideration I can cut the time down now that the activation containers are off the cold basement floor.

Here's how this grow is going to finish out. I finally have the majority of the plants all in the same unit. Both Master Kush plants are on the ends of the unit, and the 2 Katsu cut Bubba Kush plants, Pre '98 clone, and Pre '98 plant are directly under the 600 watt HPS:

0021597.JPG

The oldest Pre '98 went into my dark period closet yesterday and is getting the chop tomorrow. On the advice of Omar X, I purchased the book "Teaming With Microbes" and into reading the first chapter have a bit of an understanding of why this plant went South. In short, when I used AN Iguana and the additives I started a microbial migration away from the root system. The way the organic bases are broken down by the manufacturers for the plants to be able to use make the finished product not so organic. And I killed them off when I used the Peruvian seabird guano (a P ratio of 10 or more is bad for microbial life). Liquid chemical nutes mainline the food straight to the roots minus the underground life cycle but in a nitrate form kill the bacteria in an organic soil.

On a brighter note, I ballast dried a few of the lower wispy buds of the Pre '98 Bubba Kush and smoked a doob this morning. Even quick dried, it taste so good it's unreal..... :)

Notes: I fed the Pre '98 clone, 2 Master Kush, and taller Katsu cut Bubba Kush plants with 0-7-0- Super Swell and 1 tsp. molasses this morning. The Master Kush have been under 12/12 for 7 weeks today, the rest (besides the Pre '98 I chopped and manicured this morning) are @ 6 weeks, 1 day of 12/12. This is going to be the last heavy feeding on the MKs; the hairs are browning up all over it. I'll molassess feed one or two more times, then water it out to chop. I'm pretty busy today being the holidays and all but I'll try to get pics up soon.

Oh by the way, Happy Holidays everybody..... :xmas:

happy to see your plants , i always like to check out your thread everytime im in here Mr.Chimp! I really want colors like that on my plants! My Skunk Nº1 is turning purple but just the leafs, i want purple buds :(

happy to see your plants , i always like to check out your thread everytime im in here Mr.Chimp! I really want colors like that on my plants! My Skunk Nº1 is turning purple but just the leafs, i want purple buds :(

Hey what's up haven't seen you in a while :) I'll post pics in a day or two of the Pre '98 Bubba Kush nugs from the plant I chopped early; they're purpin' up good and the reviews are right I've never tasted a better pot gets you good and high too.....

I keep looking at these buds close 'cause I got white mold on one of my GDP clones damn this Katsu cut is starting to look good :)

0021601.JPG
0011605.JPG

Here's a few more shots of good looking nugs (the last one is the clone of what I'm smoking now but I can't remember what I took the other shot of):

0031541.JPG
0041451.JPG

I'm getting serious leaf crinkle on that Katsu cut; the frost is incredible. Can't wait for a sample. Can't wait to get this soil mix thing dialed in too. :)

looking really good!

Thanks b.real.

Visual magnification digital photo inspection of possible white mold infestation of Katsu cut Bubba Kush plant, take one and two:

0011609.JPG
0021605.JPG

Yay it ain't :slide:

Same plant:

0031544.JPG
0041454.JPG
0051377.JPG

The rest of the group:

0081046.JPG

Didn't do too well on the grow as a whole, but I'll smoke for a while :)

The whole group with the 2 Nirvana Master Kush plants on the ends and all 4 Bubba Kush plants in the middle (I snuck my Old Timers Haze clone up in there @ right front too):

0021606.JPG

Bubba Kush - Katsu cut @ 7 weeks and 2 days of 12/12:

0031545.JPG
0041455.JPG

I fed the other Katsu cut Bubba desert bat guano with N, and it helped green it up some. There isn't much variation here in the plants (if any). This is the other one:

0071143.JPG

Here's the underfed Pre '98 clone from the plant I chopped already (I gave it some of that same food):

0051378.JPG

And a shot of one of the MKs, even more underfed (I gave them some 0-7-0- Super Swell today, and this will be the last feeding for them):

0061207.JPG

I roughly calculated that I chopped the Pre '98 with the yellowing stem 2 to 2-1/2 weeks early. The taste is really good, and it has a decent buzz to it too. I'm looking forward to burning some of it that's at its peak :) I'm going to follow what I've read and take them @ 8 weeks from first hairs, which would be 9-1/2 weeks from the start of 12/12. The MKs will be going 10 days from now.

Back
Top Bottom