BubbaHoTep's - Blue Dream - Cabinet - Soil - Grow 2015

Update:

I'm starting the flip tomorrow! After doing some research I've decided to gradually bring them down to 12/12 this week. I'll be taking an hour of light away every day until they reach 12/12. Tomorrow will be 17/7, Monday 16/8...so on and so forth.

I also decided to go back up to 8 CFL's for flower. I'm hoping that my first attempt with that many was just a fluke and my 90F temp readings were somehow off. I really need to suck it up and spend the 20 bucks on a digital temp/RH meter instead of the analog ones I'm using now.

Lights are now 4x23W @5000K and 4x23W @2700K. As I reduce the lights-on time I'll be swapping in two more 2700's for a total of 6x2700K and 2x5500K during the course of flower.

This will be the last week of using fish fert at 5-1-1. One more 100% feeding, one more straight H20 then onto alternating flowering nutes/H20 until the flush.

WP_20150214_22_07_30_Pro.jpg

They are looking good and ready for the flip. Am really looking forward to the stretch then the flowering bud shots. Great progress so far!

It looks like my first attempt with 8 CFL's was no fluke. Temps after being under 8 lights were topping out at 92F this morning and my larger girl was showing early signs of heat stress. :( So, back down to 7 CFL's, looks like that is the magic number for my cab...maybe I'll look into a small-ish LED for my next grow which will start in mid-spring and run to mid-summer.

I gave them a small flush with H20 and a 50% strength batch of FF Big Bloom. Wanda already looks like she's recovering.

The more I grow, the more I feel like I'm becoming addicted. Aside from my family, it's the thing I think about the most lately. I think I need to learn to stop over-thinking things, haha . :grinjoint:

It's a sad night here. I just found some preflowers on Wanda...and they're balls. Damnit. Patti still not showing any signs, so I'm switching back to 18/6 and will let her veg for another couple of weeks. Hopefully she'll bulk up a bit now that I have more room for her. Cut lights down to 4x5500K, 2x2700K.

Hoping I at least go 1 for 2 on this batch...

Walters ball. :(
WP_20150216_19_19_16_Pro.jpg

Sad to see the male. :( subbed to watch the new girls. I ordered some northern lights and got the same freebies and planted them all. All popped quick. :) gl man

Man that sucks!

Thanks for the consolation, guys. I'm still bummed about Wanda, but optimistic that Patti is a girl. Wanda was very tall and had thin fingers...typical male traits from what I've read. Patti is short and has thick fingers...a female trait. Fingers crossed that this info is correct! :Namaste:

Patti update - Veg day 38

Today marks day 38 of veg for Patti. As you can see from the pics, she's a short, bushy girl.
I started the wind-down to 12/12 last night. Today she's on 17/7, tomorrow 16/8, etc. She will reach 12/12 on day 43 of veg. She's under 6 CFL's. 3x23W @2700K, 3x23W @5500K
Still no sex organs showing. Hoping that she puts out some pistils once 12/12 gets here!

I gave her a flush with de-chlorinated tap water today. She will start on FF Big Bloom right around flip day. Cal-Mag if I see any deficiencies.

Patti stands at roughly 6-7" tall.
WP_20150219_16_38_25_Pro.jpg

And is about 16" in diameter. I counted 14 tops on her today.
WP_20150219_16_38_52_Pro.jpg

Just a quick, non-picture update. Patti will be on 12/12 starting tomorrow, she's down to 13/11 today. Lights are now 5x2700K 1x5500K.
Gave her a full strength feeding of Big Bloom with a 25% shot of 5-1-1.

She has the beginnings of pre-flowers showing about 4 nodes down on the main stalk...still too small to tell if boy or girl, even with a 30x jewelers loupe. Should have a better view in the next few days...at which point I'll decide if this journal keeps going or gets sent to the "failed" bin.

At least I won't have to worry about this with the next batch! :thumb:

I've decided that my next grow is going to be the 1 Dinafem White Widow and 1 Femaleseeds WW x Big Bud. Both feminized. Honestly, I can't wait to start on those...the knowledge and experience I've acquired over the course of this grow should help immensely with the next.

My fingers are crossed for a girl. :) thank god for fem seeds right. Takes that stress out of it. Just curious, how close are your cfls?

You hit the nail on the head...thank god for fem seeds!

I keep my CFL's about 1-3 inches from the top of the canopy. As the plant gets bigger the bottom-most leaves tend to yellow due to lack of light, so I cut them off. I figure the top 2/3rds of the plant is where the buds form, so the bottom third is just a waste of energy anyway.

So after a panic attack inducing 10 days, my feminized seeds have arrived! No green customs tape..phew!

A big thank you to Herbies Head Shop! Shipping was swift and packaging was stealthy enough so no suspicion was raised.

So ladies and gents, I can only fit 2 plants max in my cab. Any votes on what I should grow for my next batch?

-White Widow X Big Bud (Fem)
-Lemon Kush (Fem)
-Dinafem WW (Fem)
-Afghani (Regular)

WP_20150214_10_20_04_Pro.jpg

My current ladies are doing well. Still no sex organs showing. I'm going to flip them this Wednesday, showing or not! This will be 6.5 weeks veg for Wanda, 5 weeks for Patti.

I vote at least one lemon, I also vote for a second room. :)

Ya I'm about to clean mine up also, have some side lightning but not enough to keep up. When do you plan to flower this one? Btw love your idea for aluminum tray. Got mine in bags so will be able to fit two per tray. Yay for space

This one has been in flower for just shy of a week. Preflowers just started forming and I'm about 60% sure it's a girl. Under my 30x magnifying glass she looks like she has mini calyx's..not balls, phew!

And I'm still not sure if I want to do a Lemon next to the WWxBB. I kind of want to similar genetic girls going at once, but I might just flip a coin when it comes time to germ.

And the second room/cab...well, I'd have it setup by now, but the old lady doesn't seem too keen on it. Gonna keep working on her! :biglaugh:

Update - Day 48 - Flower day 5

Patti has been under 12/12 for 5 days now and is forming pre-flowers. I've checked about 6 nodes where they are forming and...drumroll please...all are shaped like female calyx's! No clusters of tiny balls on stalks anywhere. Phew! So, I can say with about 60% certainty that Patti is indeed a female and I've gone 1 for 2 on this grow. Will know for certain in about 3-5 days.

Here's a couple of shots. She is starting to stretch out a bit. Will switch to my good camera once her buds start forming.

WP_20150301_13_51_17_Pro.jpg

Added some things to my cab. Now have two side-lights to get at growth under the canopy. Also picked up another timer and a splitter so I could keep my fan on a separate circuit. Oh, and finally picked up a digital temp/RH gauge.

WP_20150301_13_51_08_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom