BubbaHoTep's - Blue Dream - Cabinet - Soil - Grow 2015

heya bubba,, nice looking plants, even the male one, sorry about that one,, this one looks female, kinda looking like the early stages of this,,

P1140630.JPG

i just discovered this on my lemon haze,, flower alright, and looks like yours will be this soon.

regarding the femmed seeds being a female for sure,, there is still a chance of being a male according to what i have read

i have two younguns going to be telling me sex anyday,, one, an afghani, is not femmed, so, might be male,, will know soon.

nice work,, will chat again, cheers

Update - Day 50 - Flower day 7

More calyx's forming and a few have finally started putting out pistils. They're no bigger than a few mm's, but it makes me happy to finally see some. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Gave her a trim when the lights came on today. I'd say I removed about 10% of her fan leaves total, tried to expose most of her lower growth as it was starting to yellow due to weak light. I'm expecting a slight slow down in growth, but she's been a strong girl and I expect her to bounce-back nicely.
Gave her 2 quarts of 100% FF Big Bloom with about 20% run-off.
PH of run-off is 6.3
RH is doing its usual flux. Ranging from a high of 70% for a day or two after feeding to a low of 29% when she's thirsty.
High temp is reaching 90F under 8x 23W CFL's. I need to look into setting up a new intake/exhaust system soon or reduce my lights. I'd rather keep all the lights in there if possible. Any ideas? I was thinking about using PC fans, but I'd rather not use a computer PSU to power them. I think I'm going to look into a DC-AC converter. Also, I don't want to spend much money...this is a budget-build after all. :hmmmm:
Low temp at lights off is 58F...not too concerned about that. Maybe the big swing in temps will get me some purple in the buds!

Here's some more shots:
WP_20150303_12_30_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20150303_12_30_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20150303_12_31_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20150303_12_32_23_Pro.jpg

So, I'm thinking about upping my game a bit. I'd really like to make the switch to a grow tent and an LED. Nothing too crazy, just something big enough to handle 1-2 plants in flower at a time. I've been looking into some Mars Hydro LED lights and the tents that go along with them. The links below point to the tent and the lamp that I'm considering. Does anyone have any input on this? Again, just looking for a space to flower 1-2 (maybe 3) plants at a time. My current cab/CFL setup would remain my veg space.

Lamp: Reflector LED Grow Light 48x3W - Mars Hydro

Tent: Grow Tent2' 3'' x2' 3'' x5' 3'' - Grow Tents

beauty plant bub,, looks alot like one of mine,, maybe the colour,, any more lush and it'd be an alcoholic. i have no input on the lights or tent, sorry, but that is a heck of an upgrade,, nice. gonna get an led one day tho,, i figure in a year they will be half price,, cheers bubba

beauty plant bub,, looks alot like one of mine,, maybe the colour,, any more lush and it'd be an alcoholic. i have no input on the lights or tent, sorry, but that is a heck of an upgrade,, nice. gonna get an led one day tho,, i figure in a year they will be half price,, cheers bubba

Thanks, niv. I checked out your ladies again and it looks like we may have twins!

I was thinking the same thing about the LED...price might just drop by half some time down the road. Problem is, I'm feeling a bit impatient and want to get a perpetual grow going. Patience grasshopper...I suppose.

Update...Need input!!

Let me start by saying, I'm freaking out. I went to check on Patti when the lights came on today and noticed something had happened overnight. I think my lady has turned into a hermie. :(

Please take a look at the pic below and let me know what you think. If it is a hermie, should I just start over or is there any point to letting it go? Do you think I can I try and pluck off the male preflowers or chop those branches and hope that no more form? I've only noticed them on 2 of the 14 "tops" that are growing. Is hermie bud even smokable? Any input is greatly appreciated...I really hope I didn't just waste 2 months worth of effort and energy costs. :(

WP_20150308_12_16_16_Pro.jpg

oh, wow. that is a male sack best as I know. I am going through this same issue right now, tho the male flowers on mine are mixed up with the bud flowers, mine is further along, guess that's why.

I picked off qll the lower buds, the hermie flowers seem to be concentrated from the bottom, up. maybe you can keep ahead of it. such a nice plant, worth a try. remember to think about 'exactly' what's. going on here. the plant is 'not' all of a sudden a male plant. just bits of it, maybe. the biggest concern, I think, is for other flowering plants in the area..very bad..those pollen sacks can form, mature, and spread pollen in less than 24 hrs, i think I read.

good luck pal,, research,, get at er

Thanks for the input niv. After spending a couple hours doing some research, I've decided that it is indeed a hermie.

That said, I'm not going to waste any more money on electricity with this one. Threw her into a heavy duty black trash bag and into the dump. Time to start over...sigh.

I'm not considering this grow a total loss. I've learned quite a bit along the way and will apply this knowledge to my next batch which are being started today. I've decided to germ 1 x Dinafem White Widow and 1x Femaleseeds WW x Big Bud, both feminized seeds. Placed both of them into wet paper towels and sandwiched them between a couple of plates to keep the light out. Should see some tap roots soon and once they are transplanted to solo cups, will start a 2nd journal.

Thanks for sticking with me on this one everyone, please be sure to follow my next journal! (I will certainly welcome your company and advice again!)

See you soon,
Bubba

cool, I have a dinafem ww just sprouted,, we can watch both grow up,, cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I would have worked with her a couple of more weeks. I am dealing with the same issue on my Sativa plant but I am fighting to keep her from self-pollinating herself. You pheno looked really nice.

Wish you the best for the next try.

Thanks guys, looking forward to seeing you on my next journal. Still waiting on my seeds to pop, any day now...

And no light-leaks during flower JT. I might have had some during veg, but I don't think that's what caused it to go hermie on me. I'm leaning towards bad genetics, as these were bagseed. Of the three blue dream seeds that I planted, 1 died as a seedling, 1 was male and 1 turned out hermie. I'll never grow from bagseed again.

Hopefully these feminized seeds stay true to their labeling! (Female 99.9% of the time according to Femaleseeds.)

Back
Top Bottom