Bubble cloner questions

Maer

How far below the tip of my clones stem should the water level be? Should I keep lowering the water level as the roots grow down? I plan on taking my clones as normal, dipping them in clonex gel (to prevent embolism). The cloner will have superthrive (drop / gal) and clonex solution for the first two weeks, then superthrive and grow big for the next two. (It is possible I may use grow and micro from CES) Please comment with any issues you foresee.

I watched a couple vids and some people have their stems in the water, others seem to lower the water level as the roots grow, or at least when they started the water level was about an inch from the stems.

Whats the optimum temp for a bubble cloner? 75 or so?

My homebuilt cloner is epic fail, I am beginning to think I should have went with the water level below the roots. There is clear slime and black algae in some places on the stems. I used 3 tablespoons of H2O2 (kind for first aid) for 11 gals of solution. I have a tetra whisper pump rated for 60 gals and 2 x 3 foot bubble wands. Don't know what happened but at 8 days no roots. I am going to buy an EZ clone tomorrow and hope they live when put in there. This leaves me 2 weeks behind to start my next flower cycle :(

When I was taking the fail bubble cloner apart the only place that had roots was above the water level, so even though I saw two vids out there where that worked maybe that was the key. I personally am ordering an ezclone because I don't want to risk failing again. I could build an ezclone "clone" but I have read there are problems sealing them tight and I don't want to risk mold in my veg area.

Back
Top Bottom