Bubble hash help please

Ollylake

Hi all!

I’ve just completed my first grow and from that I’ve also extracted 245g of bubble hash. It’s pretty dry now and I’ve chopped it up, but I’m not sure what to do with it from here.

How do I store it to prevent mould? Is it supposed to look like this? I’ve only ever had hash in a hard black lump....

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks!

D141896E-B9FF-497B-95AE-1C344863DA08.jpeg

Put it somewhere warm where it can dry out in a day or two.I have a heating pad, such as you put under plant seedlings or under elderly ladies. This works well. Otherwise I put it up on a rack above my woodstove, or on top of any appliances you have that crank out a bit of heat, larger computer, hot water heaters, etc.

If it isn’t in a place where it can dry well then it tends to fester and ferment a little bit, or in the worst case could even grow mould

Depending on the quality it will turn quite hard, then you can warm it in the oven to make it more of an even consistency and shape it into balls or squares or whatever. After that just keep it in a dry place and let it cure. I did a batch yesterday and it’s drying as we speak

Put it somewhere warm where it can dry out in a day or two.I have a heating pad, such as you put under plant seedlings or under elderly ladies. This works well. Otherwise I put it up on a rack above my woodstove, or on top of any appliances you have that crank out a bit of heat, larger computer, hot water heaters, etc.

If it isn’t in a place where it can dry well then it tends to fester and ferment a little bit, or in the worst case could even grow mould

Depending on the quality it will turn quite hard, then you can warm it in the oven to make it more of an even consistency and shape it into balls or squares or whatever. After that just keep it in a dry place and let it cure. I did a batch yesterday and it’s drying as we speak

Thanks, it’s been on my dining table for a two full days now and I’m considering putting it into my freezer to help remove the last bits of moisture in there. I’ve read that works, what do you think?

Wow! How many ounces or grams of flower and trim to produce that if you don’t mind me asking? Same strain?

I used 840g of buds and all the trimmings from 4 plants. All white widow strain.

Have a fan blow on it gently.

I considered this, perhaps I’ll put it into action

I haven’t put it in the freezer. Usually in my case it’s going to be warmed and shaped anyway so I use one of the many other ways of drying it. As mentioned it does tend to take on a fermented odour if left to dry too slowly. It’s not really a problem, but it is definitely noticeable

The first time I made pure sativa hash I smoked a bunch and got going so fast that it was disastrous. As it was I smashed my favourite pipe and then later nearly burnt the house down :eek:

Get it as dry as you can. Yes I suppose it will dry in the oven but I prefer to dry it a little more slowly than that.

For finishing you just don’t want to heat it too much, so it is vaporizing off into your house. Which actually is exactly what I did accidentally the last batch I made. Girlfriend phoned and talked my ear off for almost an hour. I forgot about the hash, and I turned my entire house into a vaporizer. Wheeeee!

I walked in the door and my eyes started watering, and by the time I grabbed the pan with the hash in it and made it back outside I was on my way to the moon. It was a funny experience like walking through the door into a completely different dimension. I was wrecked for the day. :laughtwo:

It took all day to get the fumes out of my house. The hash turned out great though -the texture was amazing and no complaints at all about the quality so I guess the amount that actually vaped off was pretty small and the main part of the blob was fine.

It happened because my old propane oven doesn’t heat very evenly.

It was this batch here. Before I put it in the oven it was looking like yours, not super high-quality, dry and crumbly and I couldn’t get it to stick together. It came out with the consistency of toffee. Blacker than usual though.

Your hash looks the way it does now because it is not dry, it’s wet. The part that is turning black around the edges is the part that starting to dry. When it becomes completely dry it is more like half dried glue, or depending on the quality, more of a hard crumbly substance.

Well in that last case - for almost an hour and obviously the temps got past the 150-200° range the oven was set for. I would advise- don’t do that. Though it did do wonders for the texture.

Overheating it like that is something I’m going to play around with though, because I’ve never made hash that turned out so gooey. And the initial product wasn’t really anything special. I may do that today if I get a chance

Normally I just stick it in the oven on a plate for five minutes on 150. Maybe longer. Hang around and check it, mess with it till it reaches the consistency you want.

How much bud did you use to make that amount? Did you use bubble bags?

Back
Top Bottom