Bubblegum Deep Water Culture LED/CFL Grow!

I just ordered this Pro-Grow 250 Watt LED (Selective Switch) new LED to replace the ones i have now, the guy at the store says i wont need my side CFL's anymore with it, what do you think?

I am switching over to flower nutes tomorrow what should i ppm them at?

I use the pro grow as well and you can check out my progress on my grow Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow. Do not get rid of the CFL's unless you are trying to save money on electricity which is minimal if you were to remove the CFL's. Honestly you can never have to much light unless you burning your plants. The CFL's actually help even out the light spectrum and work very well in conjunction with LED's. I love the pro grow so far, and from what I see its going to be a Major improvement from what you had (no offense). I am also using two of the bi-spectrum plasma inductions and two t5 bars to even out the spectrum and they seem to love it. And as far as humidity goes, you want to keep it as low as possible for flowering cause the water in the air actually makes it harder for the resin (tricombs) to build up. From all my research into other grows and my own so far as well, the general consensus is most LED grows do much better in slightly higher temps then what would be considered normal or optimal for HID grows. They say its because LED lights put almost no stress on plants the extra temps help for whatever reason. I personally keep my tent anywhere from 80 to 88 but never over 90 degrees, that's pushing it. Hope this helps and I am going to pull up a seat and see how this goes, hope the pro grow works as well for you as it is for me right now. So far its looking good man:cheer::popcorn:

My only concern with the CFL's is they are burning the leafs that grow around them, not electrical costs... therefore is the benefit worth the cost after adding this new more powerful main light? I feel very confident in the PG250 and it is expected to arrive on wednesday!

When should i expect to start seeing recognizable buds developing? i am on flowering day 11 both have sexed F and have growing curly hairs :)

IMG_04425.jpg
IMG_04417.jpg

IMG_04404.jpg

IMG_04393.jpg

flower nutes are in!
airtemp 70
watertemp 64
ppm 950
ph 5.75

Thank you, not much to do now but wait and as green007 said "waiting is the hardest part", so i was thinking of starting a small veg only mother area, i am assuming soil would be the way to go for plants never meant to harvest just produce clones so i can start up faster next time

any thoughts?

ok ill check that out, i want something that is as zero maintenance as possible. I will just put my 90 watt ufo that i have in my main grow now in there, doubt i will need much ventilation. my goal would be to have 2-3 mother plants of different strains just chillin in there.

It might work out a lil better if you take the white sleeves off the rockwool cubes. It looks like a nice grow, ill be tuned in. I have never seen an led cfl grow.

Sorry i havent posted in a few days, nothing to report just wait... So my 250 watt pro grow will be in tomorrow im sure the girls will love it, they are growing nice little budlets and looking very healthy drinking about a gallon a day combined.

Since i am taking that ufo down i will be able to start some new seeds in another area with it that i have setup (hopefully being ready to flower when i Finnish curing these), any recommendations on strain for my next grow?

Masterkush is great! Nice yielder too. Hashy, earthy, and piney all at the same time :cheesygrinsmiley: Green I'm headed ur way. I've had many a strains:Rasta:

new light is up, i pulled the ufo, and then put the 55 watt panel on the wall to hit the lower stuff that doesnt get as strong of beams from the pg250, i also took out any of the cfls that were burning the plants

flower day 18
IMG_04433.jpg

IMG_04513.jpg

IMG_04555.jpg

IMG_04546.jpg

IMG_04566.jpg

IMG_045910.jpg

Back
Top Bottom