Bucket ventilation question re LED light fan

basiltherat

Hi,

In a bucket with passive intake (through a hole with dust filter on), inline 4" fan out with DIY carbon filter that air is being pushed through, does it matter if the LED (eBay 150W) is also pulling air out the bucket?

A lot of sites say to reverse the fan so it extracts, but this one came already doing that. Should I flip the fan it to push air into the bucket? Might it get too hot?

The problem I foresee isodour is coming out of the top of the LED fan, could I make another simple carbon filter to sit on top of that (upturned bucket with hole on top with a sieve filled with carbon pellets for example?).

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

In a bucket with passive intake (through a hole with dust filter on), inline 4" fan out with DIY carbon filter that air is being pushed through, does it matter if the LED (eBay 150W) is also pulling air out the bucket?

A lot of sites say to reverse the fan so it extracts, but this one came already doing that. Should I flip the fan it to push air into the bucket? Might it get too hot?

The problem I foresee isodour is coming out of the top of the LED fan, could I make another simple carbon filter to sit on top of that (upturned bucket with hole on top with a sieve filled with carbon pellets for example?).

Thanks in advance.

Hi basiltherat.
If the 4" inline fan is strong enough, the high majority of the air should be put through the carbon filter.so the amount of odour full air coming threw LED will b very minimal, thats my thoughts.
so if you think there is slight smell through lights, a more powerful inline fan should negate it escaping from light fans.
if you start putting stuff (filter / bucket) over the light, you're gonna mess with it's efficiency. It's gonna run hot..:-(.
So recap: stronger inline fan if there a smell.

I like the idea of reversing the fans in the lights.as long as they keep the light cool, sounds like a plan.just check the light not to hot.
happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom