Bud But No Trichomes And Bud Is Almost Done

ganjagod22

Hey fellow smokers im still new to this.... infact is my second grow. Growing greenhouseseeds co autobomb and have a scary problem... buds but no trichomes in site! What am i doing wrong. Have it under 3 24watt blue spectrum cfl 6500kelvin and one 2700 orange cfl... the spiral bulbs not tubes. It went four weeks in veg and today marks second week of flowering. Her hairs are already turning brown and no trichomes to be seen. Looks like in a few days she will be ready to harvest she is 42 days old today and will be around 45-50 days old when finished so i have very little to no time to do anything but would love to know what i can do better next time as have another 9 seeds ready to germinate next week. I know she is an autoflower n they finish quickly but two weeks into flower maybee 3 at a push before she will need to be harvested. Does this all sound normal for autos or have i just simply wasted two months of my time? Thanks guys and gals for any and all comments. Any help is greatly appreciated.

20150527_134123.jpg
20150525_142514.jpg
20150525_142450.jpg

Wow so even tho hairs have started to turn brown i still have another 4week you reckon? Im happy to wait cos there growing nice a thick not over airy and see through like i to be honest expected as a noob. How long does it usually take for hairs to
All turn brown then well not all but like 40% as ive read everywhere suggests. And how much longer should i give nutes do you think? Im only using tomato fees as all i could get my hands on and its the easy pour no need to mix with water before putting into the soil. Although i add a cap to 300 ml of water every 4 days as its weak and hasnt burnt the plant yet. Thank you for your help im very greatfull

Wow just starting?? So glad i posted on here i was going to harvest next week :-o would have been an idiot to by the looks of what you guys are sayin. But as i said i really am new to this ive never got to flowering stage before even if it an auto

How much longer should i add nutes for and because one cap of tom feed to 300 ml of water isnt burning the leaves should i try up the dose a bit to give her a better feed or am i doing ok as i am?. Thanks again

Same opinion here as above, Not done.

You'll notice pistils go orange/brown, but the plant will start growing all new pistils again, then they die off, and it will do this until harvested. So just ignore the pistils, and keep watching for the trichomes.

Breeder times to harvest also seem to be exaggerated, I know an experienced grower on here who is like 20 some days past when the breeder said the strain would be done.
:thumb:

Yeah i did think that 42 days from seed to harvest is kind of un heard if even for an auto... and the strain hunters from green house co sais atleast 65 days. I have a pair of jewler microscopic glasses on there way in the post so hopefully will be able to look at trichomes if i can find any. Also the pictures everywhere i have looked for this strain are coveren and i mean covered in trichomes it looks like someone doused the bud in sugar. And with that thought do any of you add sugar or honey or mollasses to your feed/water? Ive read it everywhere but still nit sure n dont want to ruin my buds. Especially if they have weeks to grow as they are growing really quick and dense even if its still a snall plant.

I have had the lights 2-3 inches away thru the whole grow (6weeks) so far and i was simply just doing as many sites have said. Although it looks a bit thin and stalky between the top and middle is i pruned some leaves to let light thru n fear i took of way to many and just removed possible bud sites instead. There is plenty of light 3 blue 6500 kelvin and 1450 lumen 23watt cfl bulbs and one orange 23 watt 2700 kelvin bulb and thats 1000 lumen so there is loads of light and its in a white wardobe so light bounces everywhere. Ph may be an issue i have had no way of testing as my tester is still in the post same as my magnifiers. And i water once a week during veg and every 4 days if its dry 2-3 inches under the top as i know thats where does most feeding from. Once a weeks still gets a good water and feed. For size if plants buds look great but really ar small at the moment

I would put my money on it being not enough light. Thin and stalky sounds like stretch.

With CFLs, the best results seem to be from training the plant to grow with a flat canopy.

It might look bright to you, but the plant sees things differently. Beyond 6-8" and the intensity of the light drops dramatically.

I'd suggest 8-10 bulbs for a single plant in flower. 6 at the absolute bare minimum, but this assumes a flat plant.

Once the plant grows tall, you basically have a 360 degree surface that needs light, opposed to providing light for a flat area.

As for soil, when the top layer is dry, there's plenty of moisture left to sustain the plant for several days. Let it dry out longer before feeding. You want the plant to grow roots to seek out water, so at each following feeding/watering, there are even more roots to absorb it all.

Thanks everyone for your help... plant wasnt stalky til i over trimed fan leaves tho as i said above it was nice and tight til i ruined her with a hair cut... but thanks will keep all this in mind

Back
Top Bottom