bud dried prematurely on the stem

adirondackgol

Friend grew bag seed, from appearance likely vanilla kush, in a hydro system. All went well, flipped females 12/12 after about 9 weeks and for 4 weeks to 5 weeks the flowering went well, but after week six or seven, plant started to dry on the stem — as if no liquid uptake. Trichomes still white, so did not think really mature yet, but ended up in an early harvest because the plant self- cured (dried out).

This was first hydro and had virtually no problems using General Hydroponics A and B as his nutes. And plants seemed to do quite well, until the end.

Is the drying out due to nutrient lock? Should he have stopped nutes by week five and gone with a clear water flush for what would have been the last tow or three weeks? Had great root systems. Is flowering time to maturity of 6 to 8 weeks about right in a hydro system?

Thanks in advance!

I also - am having a the problem of the buds drying on the stem while still in pots. I am not doing the hydroponics ----
I had treated for mites for 2 weeks and the following week the plants just look like they want to be taken down.
I used the treatment I saw on this site -
1/2 apple cider vinegar
1/4 baking soda
1 tbsp Lemon juice ( i used lime juice - since I had fresh limes)
1/4 cup epsom salts. (dissolved in hot water)
all this added to 3/4 of a quart of water.
and Sprayed on plants - left for 20 min and sprayed with clean clear water....
shook and fan dried.
Either the mixer is killing the crop or the plants are past time.
the buds are literally drying on the plant. I have lots most all foliage due to the mites. could this be the reason?
Any and all help and answers appreciated
thanks

I have the same problem. they are outdoors and looked beautiful until now but since last week (week 7 of flowering) the top buds started drying off and coming of when touched. so sad!!!! the trichomes are still clear or white. not ready for harvest. any advice will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. they are outdoors and looked beautiful until now but since last week (week 7 of flowering) the top buds started drying off and coming of when touched. so sad!!!! the trichomes are still clear or white. not ready for harvest. any advice will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Have you checked to see if you have bud worms (caterpillars) ? that's the same thing that happens when you have them...they eat the stem inside the bud and then everything above it dies... Im in week 8 of flower and spend several hours a day searching for and picking them out of my bud with tweezers or something you can spear them with, at this point I don't think its a good idea to spray anything on the bud so if you have em that's the only answer I think....

No worms that I can see -- I had mites and don't believe that I ever got rid of em. How do you clean a room after you have had a party with spider mites?

Back
Top Bottom