Bud hairs dying, what does it mean?

dogno

hello, its my 2nd grow (outdoor), 2nd week of flowering. its going well but some of my bud hairs look like someone gave them a haircut, what does this mean? should i be worried? they look a little red on the inside btw. if necesary i will take pics

take pics

hello, its my 2nd grow (outdoor), 2nd week of flowering. its going well but some of my bud hairs look like someone gave them a haircut, what does this mean? should i be worried? they look a little red on the inside btw. if necesary i will take pics

Hello dogno. That sure sounds like grasshopper damage. They can shear off pistils quickly. I found 2 grasshoppers over the weekend that had mowed through ~7 bud sites. Killed one on the spot & 2nd flew off when I sprayed. Horrifying to discover & see, but bud will recover. I see some of this every year.

Hello dogno. That sure sounds like grasshopper damage. They can shear off pistils quickly. I found 2 grasshoppers over the weekend that had mowed through ~7 bud sites. Killed one on the spot & 2nd flew off when I sprayed. Horrifying to discover & see, but bud will recover. I see some of this every year.

yeah actually now that i think of it i see some grasshoppers sometimes... how do i kill all of them? i dont think neem would work? (and spraying neem on buds is kinda meh anyway)

I use spinosad. Organic, breaks down in less than a wk., can be used multiple times right up to harvest if needed. It's a bacterial pesticide that was discovered in wine casks. Safe & effective. Doggone things have gourmet tastes, hardly touch leaves once buds appear so spray buds thoroughly.

thanks i have spinosad, can i put it in the soil too or just spray? and what dosage do you use

I get Katydids (strange looking grasshopper) at this late date in summer it's best to pick them off
swatting with butterfly nets work well to catch the buggers

Back
Top Bottom