Bud Pinching - Good Idea?

kckike

Hey! i was just reading about this technique were you start pinching the growing buds of your plant, about 2 or 3 weeks after flowering starts, then about 2 weeks after, pinch them again and so...

I have 2 plants in the second week of flower and i was thinking about trying it out. But i want to check some opinions here first.

Any insights on this technique??? Thanks!

kingsnake235, thanks for the link i just had a look into it and the "back building" tech seems similar BUT the articles i read about the technique i was refering to, say to just pinch the tip of the bud (and to never cut it with scissors) also this supposedly makes the plant send a lot more energy to the buds making them grow larger, unlike the "back building" technique... Maybe its the same principal. Ill keep doing some research about all this, thank you!! Happy growing : )

interesting! sounds like they do use a similar principle, whatever works right!

i think back building works by tricking the plant into thinking it hit a "ceiling" of some sort so it would make sense that pinching did a similar thing..

i'd be interested to see what your research turns up! good luck!

By pinching do you mean- squeezing and compressing it a bit, or actually removing the end?
I find that backbuilding does make the buds fatter. I don't know that they are bigger overall- just more squat. I don't do it as much as I used to. I constantly dance with high RH and am always worried about mold. I find that backbuilding gives me fatter buds which are slightly more likely to get budrot inside them.

weaselcracker. Exactly, you are NOT supposed to rip it off, just crush it a bit. Gently. (Thats what i've reed) and just the tip of the bud about 1/8 of the bud or less...
Today i will do it to 1 of my plants and ill let you know how it goes.
People claim that this makes their buds grow twice as large!

Ok guys, let me tell you the facts... i just couldn't do it, i felt bad for my babies, they are flowering beautifully and i just couldn't hurt them like that maybe other time... (for science!) here are some pics, sorry for not going trough with it.

Let me introduce you to Charlie, she is about to be ready for harvest this pics ar maybe about 2 weeks old, but right now the buds are bigger, much denser and starting to have a delicious piney smell with hints of citrus... i'm not really sure about her genetics, but she is kicking ass. also its gonna be my first harvest! IM HAPPY :thumb:

IMG_96542.jpg

IMG_98223.jpg

each to thier own mate ,i just think it slows the plant down and can hermie prone strains i also dislike the way it seems to leaf out thw bud a little

Back
Top Bottom