Bud Ready? How much longer? Problem during flowering?

magical484

Hey guys,

This is my first time grow so i am still not sure about the ending process of growing.

I know that most people flush their plants 2 weeks before harvest, but i dont know when harvesting will be. How close am I to harvest? I know the way to go about checking the crystals to see if its ready, but how do i know when two weeks before that is to flush? The top bud is pretty big but i need an estimate if someone can tell from the pictures below.

Also I am not sure if i am having a problem with the plant right now. A lot of the bottom leaves are dying and im not sure what i should do about that and whether i should do something at all. The pictures below will show what i am talking about. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Also if anyone recognizes the strain of my girl can you please let me know.

2012-01-28_20_06_49.jpg
2012-01-28_20_06_33.jpg
2012-01-28_20_05_39.jpg

Thanks for the help!!

the yellowing is typical for end of life growth, however it looks like you have some time to go yet.

your hairs will start to turn color, and your trics will change.

harvesting depends on what kind of a "high" you like.

would you like it to lean toward more of a heady mind high? then watch your trics, and start your flush when they turning from clear, to about 75% cloudy. by the time they are flushed, they should be about 99% cloudy with some amber ones.

if you like more of a couchlock high, then start your flush when they are 90-100% cloudy. that way you will have lots of amber when you harvest. try however not to go past 50% amber as you start to degrade your thc.

what nutes are you using and how much?

as far as strain... good luck with that... if you dont know it when you plant it. chances are it will forever be a mystery. You can make some educated guesses, but there are so many different strains, and hybrids, that, it could really be anything, or anything mixed with anything.

i just noticed the screen and cfls, and red stems.
could be a NPK, or MG issue.

i suggest next time, training the plant into the screen, and not just threw it. Then cutting off your lower buds..it will increase your yield greatly.

also. your lower buds will take longer to mature than the top ones that are in the light... when you chop it down, leave the lower ones and let them soak up some more light. you'll get a slightly larger yeild.

I used to use miracle grow but i ran out. Should i go get more. Do i need more? What should i get if it should keep giving it nutes?

What should i do for the defficiency?

And when you say next time cut off lower bud, do u mean i should prune to get more tops and only have tops and cut the bottoms off?

Thanks for the help

yes, thats what i mean, look into scrog. it will help you when using CFL

NEVER use miracle grow. im suprised you made it this far using it.

look into advances nutrients, or general hydroponics.. i'v used both with great success. and its tailored towards cannabis.

right now, i would still be giving them nutes. they dont look ready to flush yet.

Could you fill me in on the process after flushing. I know all the harvesting, but after i flush, do i still water? Do i still add nuts?

Also, if my smaller bud seems to be ready, cloudiness and what not, should i still let them go for a little since they rnt very big or do i have to take them down too?

after you flush, you just water until its ready to chop them down.

and you can let those lower buds go longer, or you can take them down all at once, the choice is yours.

Joys of Growing

Whats good M484!!!

You should check out this Ebook that 420 has available for us!!! it has a lot of useful information!!! from growing from seed to harvest!!!

as for your lady??? what day flower is she on??? this is also a great estimator for how long til she should be ready!!! I see you don't know what strain it is, but from the looks of the leaves, she looks to be a hybrid, 50/50 it looks... Now on that note, you have some kind of deficiency the purple stemming is also another sign!!! from the research that I have been doing on these types, cus I have had the same thing, it that it can be 3 different things, but only 2 of them seem logical

1 is Nitrogen... but this is only yellowing that is effects the bottom and goes up the plant as time goes on... this is the not likely one for you, and yes the yellowing naturally happens when the flowering is nearing its end... 2. Manganese... this is possible but also acts like a Nitrogen deficiency with the yellowing going up the plant. and 3 is Sulfur... this is the one that I have been going towards as it does the yellowing and not only at the bottom of the plant, but all over it as well... along with that it does a purpling of the stems and calyxs...

Do you have a pH meter, if so... what is your pH??? and MG is a big NO NO!!!
Fox Farms and Advance Nutrients are great and all... but they don't stand behind the Medical Marijuana movement!!! or do they say they do for that matter!!!
now a Nutrient company you should look into is Blue Planet Nutrients!!! I am a sponsored grower for them and let me tell you... BPN is legit!!! don't let me be the one to make up your mind... as a Lieutenant of the BPN Army here on :420: I invite you to the BPN Army Grow Journals where all the soldiers show off their results and ongoing grows with BPN!!!

Hope to see you around brotha!!!

:peacetwo:

PS BPN is in my signature, just click on it!!! they are also a sponsor here on :420: and is an active part of the 420 Contests

Back
Top Bottom