Bud Rot First Timer Question

monarda

Find this forum to be really educational, thanks everyone. I have my first ever case of bud rot affecting 4-5 of the top buds of my single Kush. I've cut away the rotted sections (the tops, sniff sniff); sterilized cutting tools and hung to dry with a fan blowing on them.

My question is am I overreacting to think I should immediately take the rest of this beauty down? I wouldn't be too sad, it is in its very final phase and already a fine smoke. I've Googled bud rot and there seems to be differing point of view whether one risks the bud rot spreading.
Any opinions?

thank you

First, let me welcome you to 420. On the bud rot, mebe you can give us some details on your grow. Check the link below. :smokin:

How to Ask for Grow Support

Cut out the obviously infected areas and monitor ur plants closely. If u opt to wisely cut ur loses u can harvest it all early. W/out pics its hard to say. I personally have never dealt with it but u can check out OBXgardener's experimental fog grow or weetastics white russian soil grow (his 1st one). The both had issues with bud rot. Simply put the rot is caused by a fungus. Ur plants are too late in flower to do much to treat it. I'm sure more help will be on the way later, but this is my 2 cents. Hope it gets the ball rollin. Welcome to our forums.

Like BWC stated, cut all the affected areas out of there and just monitor it very closely to make sure it isn't spreading. If it seems to be spreading, it's probably worth it to just harvest so you don't lose your entire crop.

my advise is cut em down im thinkin them spores spread like wild fire i know ive had bud rot before 10 colas affected first day we removed all the bud rot we could see and next day 8 more colas where infected we chopped the lot down as i was not prepared to loose all the harvest my plants where 7 and 8 weeks in flower thats my experience with bud rot hope it helps...............be lucky weedtastic

Thanks for droppin in weedtastic. That's experience talking there^^. I can vouch for that.
thanks man i know you can im sorry this ain t the place or time but wanted you to know i think of you as a dedicated weed grower ..........a fellow helper if we can.........a man after my own heart essentically..........i was bored and wondered if i cud find someone who had the same issues as me to help em....you already had that thought ......whist still helpin 420 out with the plant of the month..........i take my hat off to you top man ......im humbled i inspired you.......be lucky weedtastic

Back
Top Bottom