Bud rot! Please help quick!

fishychops

Good day ladies and gentlemen

I have today discovered that I have a bad case of mold on my main cola. I have removed the cola and further removed the parts of the bud affected.

Im roughly 2/3 weeks from harvest (8 weeks through a 10 week strain).

May I also add that this is my first grow and Im a student with no money. My setup is therefore basic, with no environmental controls or air circulation. I know this is the cause of the issue and changes are being made for my next run.

I have two main questions:

The bud that's been affected. Shall bin it or can it be salvaged? I have removed all affected areas and some healthy bud remains. Can I keep the healthy parts of the affected cola or is it for the bin?

Also, what do I do with the remaining plant? Chop it early to save what I have? Please consider my set up when thinking of advice as I can't control humidity or temp.

Im gutted this has happened but Ive known throughout the grow that this may be an issue which I'll have to contend with. I suppose the silver lining is that Ill learn from this (if that can be classed as a silver lining) :(

All help greatly appreciated

Thanks all

:peace:

Re: Bud rot! Please help quick!!!!!

I have a single sized closet, painted white. I am growing in an air pot with canna soil. I have two cfls each 22w with a 300w equivelent led. For air flow I have been leaving the closet doors a jar and 'wafting' throughout the day. At night, I close the doors eliminating air flow for 12 hours. Do you think a fan could help me salvage the rest of the plant?

u need a fan for sure..u should have known with the setup u have that it would be inevitable that something would go wrong..i understand u have no money for stuff at the time,i have been there myself and learned the hardway just like u,but one thing that can never be stressed enuff is air flow needs to be at the top of the list to help keep temps down and mold from being able to develope..the insides of ur closet without a ran and fresh air coming in(extraction fan) is prime breeding ground for bud rot spores

Back
Top Bottom