Bud rot

rp12bar

some of the buds on my harvest have a brown tone on them and a friend said it was bud rot. I thought bud rot turned your buds to mush. if anything theses buds are hard. They smoke nice and give a great high. Does anybody know what it really looks like and how harmful is it to smoke?

You need to know the difference between actual regular plant matter, and what is a mold/fungus growing on the plant ( an entirely different organism). Look up picutres of mold, and look at your buds closely, and open them up to their inner core, look very closely to see if they are mold spores. Some buds do develop a brown tone, what would be helpful to know for sure is a focused close up of what you think is an infected nug.

It is not good to smoke fungus, to say the least. I've dealt with quite a bit of budrot, so I know exactly what it is.

I believe over time the mold spores will do you in. It is like the first time we get away with doing something it is kinda scary and a little nerve racking, then we get comfortable, then we get caught. it is like breathing in asbestos one shot usually wont kill you 10 20 years later your hackin up your damned lungs. Up to you ! If you managed to grow good shit why keep the the bad if it is not greed? just askin.! Richie

Hey Daraldo my experience with the "grey shit" was from doookie left by the caterpillars inside the buds they did crawl and began to eat and we all know what happens later on after we eat.! well we should all know. They went doooookie and there began the "grey shit" which turned black and moldy, ummmmm yummmm ! My trees last year morphed into some monsters so some "grey shit I missed till harvest time cause there was just to damn much trees.

photo_20_3.JPG
photo_19_4.JPG

Hey Leester that was the same crap i had on my and I asked at the one of two dispensaries in my town,before they were closed, what it may be and was told it was from the caterpillars that are apparently all around in my area. I was told as they consume the bud they then turn it into grey waste and it starts to rot the bud from the the dookie decomposing which in turn starts to rot the bud. It is like a double whammy once the problem starts. If not arrested right away. I treated twice with worm and caterpillar killer and believed I had killed everything. last day of harvest found one huge cola maybe 18" long completely jam packed with tight nugz had about three inches of grey shit and 1 live and kickin dam caterpillar. ended up shit canning about 6 inches off that beauty.

Yep, I lost over an ounce of premium OG kush to these damn Corn-Boring " Grey Moth " born caterpillars.

They're nothing to fuck around with, they seek out aromatic flowers to lay their eggs in, fresh vegetative growth being the ideal medium for their reproduction. I've hand-dealt with 50's-100's of these things, they're nothing to fuck around with. They'll destroy everything you have.

See the eyes? They drill into your stems and travel, and they establish a fortress within, feeding off the cellulose of the stalks, quite incredible... and made me VERY mad
photo_12_16.JPG
photo_10_22.JPG

Back
Top Bottom