Bud Rot?

SmokingWolverine

1503AD50-F0DB-448B-8510-EA4CCF1CC5DE.jpeg
4C6A14AB-33D4-4110-B967-ECD112428744.jpeg
Hi, I've been growing for 3 years, and first time I have seen this. It started turning brown right after I stopped nutrients and started flushing, now that I'm harvesting, I'm worried it may be bud rot. The strain is Tangie and it was grown outdoors.

Did you break it open? Could be caterpillars inside... :hookah:

I pulled them apart I don't see any mold and they are very sticky.
A friend told me it might just be the way the strain reacts to the loss of nutrients during the flushing. I tried to add some pics, it gave me an error.

@SmokingWolverine

Sorry about your loss, same thing happened to me, your pics looks like my buds looked.
Have a question, what date did you start your grow (date the seedlings were potted and put outside.)?
Reason for asking, I had 2 grows, one started April 13th and the other started on May 2nd, both outdoor.

The plants started on April 13th had 50% mold, whereas the plants started on May 2nd had none. Both grows were growing in the same plot.

I'm wondering if it made any difference that the April plants were about 3 weeks advanced in bud development over the May plants.

Thanks, garybo

It was a bad year for bud rot on the east coast, and the yield was down quite a bit from the great harvest last year. :peace:
I agree, the weather was not as co-operative, and the humidity came in quick, furious and unrelenting. I'm considering starting my harvest at he end of September, beginning of October next year. I know they won't have the great amber vs milky ratio, but better than losing crop.

I agree 100 %, here July was a write off and the last half of September sucked beyond belief. I started mine April 15 indoors and they went outside around the 10th of June, but I am glad things are done just need 3 more weeks of cure.

It was a bad year for bud rot on the east coast, and the yield was down quite a bit from the great harvest last year. :peace:
You nailed it. That "bad year for rot" expanded from your location (east coast of Canada) down to Florida.
At least I know the problem was not do to my growing capability.

Hate to use this quote in this instance, but "misery loves company". We all suffered this past grow.
Oh well, there is "always next year".

My east coast grow was nailed by bud rot as well. Lost most of it. Big Bud and it was going great until the mold . I tried Humbolt's flower shield on the first plant as soon as i could and sprayed the second plant with no mold WSATE OF MONEY! I should have harvested early but it hit like lightning. My vegetable garden was gone as well. Pic is just before bud rot.
DSC00389.JPG

Back
Top Bottom