Bud Washing

The first time I washed, I had chopped and defoliated the whole plant first - about a pound - then washed everything. By that time it was too late to trim anything til the next day. I found the trimming was a little more difficult by the next day. Since then, I've washed as I go, giving them maybe 20 -30 minutes of drip time. Trimming was so much easier at that point -while they're still a little wet. Only had to clean my tools maybe once per hour.
The washing procedure itself does not add much time at all. :peace:

IDK if I implied that I trim dry, but I surely don't. Immediately after wash, I take the first hanger full that is mostly done dripping and trim when they're still very wet. Gloves last longer and the shears don't gunk up.

Hi everybody, unfortunately I am from Europe and can’t help me with the cup unit. On every page i find another conversion. I think the lemon juice is quite simple, cups into liters, both volume. 1cup lemon juice equals to 230ml lemon juice.

But how many grams are one cup of baking soda? I read anything from 180 to 500g.
Maybe somebody can enlighten me please?

Hi everybody, unfortunately I am from Europe and can’t help me with the cup unit. On every page i find another conversion. I think the lemon juice is quite simple, cups into liters, both volume. 1cup lemon juice equals to 230ml lemon juice.

But how many grams are one cup of baking soda? I read anything from 180 to 500g.
Maybe somebody can enlighten me please?

230ml of baking soda. It's the same measure. Cups don't have weight either.

Edit - if you decide to use an even 250ml of each, I wont tell Doc Bud if you don't.

Yeah, it's a volume measurement, and no need to be exact. Just use roughly the same volume of each. :slide:

All I have on hand are 160 gph pumps. I'll see how that goes. I think that might too much flow, so I'll aim the outlet at the side and make something of a whirlpool and shoot some video as well. My next harvest is in about 4-5 weeks though. I'll post here though, so you'll get notified. I have a USB scope too so I'll get great pics as well.
Have you through about using a bubble stone? Or a combo of a pump and bubble stone?

Have you through about using a bubble stone? Or a combo of a pump and bubble stone?

I want to try a pump (still haven't tested) but build a manifold so to split the flow of the pump evenly to lessen the force and not be too turbulent. I think an airstone would work if you were willing to invest the time to really work the bubbles into the nooks and crannies of the buds, but I believe it would take too long, especially if washing a large chop.

I want to try a pump (still haven't tested) but build a manifold so to split the flow of the pump evenly to lessen the force and not be too turbulent. I think an airstone would work if you were willing to invest the time to really work the bubbles into the nooks and crannies of the buds, but I believe it would take too long, especially if washing a large chop.
I was thinking more like modifying an airstone to produce larger, more turbulent bubbles... Then the pump at mid height to circulate

Hey guys,
I am doing my first wash on my first grow in the next few days. I will be using the 4 bucket wash as I have had two spots of bud rot and earlier on in my grow a fungus gnat infestation which has now caused 2 dead gnats to every flower :rolleyes: Now my question is, I can only get 6% H2O2 would 100ml per say 20Litres be ok to use? Or should I make it stronger?
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
I am doing my first wash on my first grow in the next few days. I will be using the 4 bucket wash as I have had two spots of bud rot and earlier on in my grow a fungus gnat infestation which has now caused 2 dead gnats to every flower :rolleyes: Now my question is, I can only get 6% H2O2 would 100ml per say 20Litres be ok to use? Or should I make it stronger?
Thanks in advance!
More, though TBH, I'd watch youtube for George's video about washing with H2O2 to get more feedback.

Thanks for getting back to me @Skybound, have you done another wash yet? I was 30 pages in to this thread then sort of jumped to the end as i decided i will harvest and wash today, i will read the rest soon. I have watched George's video and he seems to use the same amount but in a 3% solution, so i just halved it. Will give it a try with the 6% @ 100ml per 20L and see how it goes.

Thanks for getting back to me @Skybound, have you done another wash yet? I was 30 pages in to this thread then sort of jumped to the end as i decided i will harvest and wash today, i will read the rest soon. I have watched George's video and he seems to use the same amount but in a 3% solution, so i just halved it. Will give it a try with the 6% @ 100ml per 20L and see how it goes.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

How could you not read all 108 pages? LMFAO, I would've bailed by page 3, but my hat's off to ya for going as far as you did. I've washed every harvest I ever had as I stumbled onto this thread mid way through my first grow, and then that turned out to be a male from bag seed, so my next run was a fem seed from Herbies. My first wash I did the 29% strength H2O2 at a pretty strong strength and holy shit, my buds dried fast, and not in a good way. My second time I used a half bottle of store bought 2% or 3%, can't remember which, and that was in the video I made. I think I posted it in the first 10 pages, so if you didn't see it in your pages, then it's only a few pages further.

How did you go with the 3%? I have just finished 3 of my 5 plants other two are still a couple of weeks away. It was a bit of an effort, but I'm sure it's worth every bit.
Bucket 1: 20Litres of tap water with 100mls of 6% H202 room temperature 20 degrees celsius. About 1min wash.
Bucket 2: 40 Litres (container was deep not very long so doubled mixture) tap water at 30 degrees Celsius, 2cups (500gms) bi-carb soda (baking soda) followed by 500mls of coles brand lemon juice which contains disodium metabisulfite. 30 second wash.
Bucket 3: room temperature tap water about 21 Degrees Celsius. 30 second wash.
Bucket 4 : a little under room temperature tap water about 19 degrees Celsius. With a 30 sec wash.
20181230_075734.jpg

20181230_112524.jpg
20181230_112616.jpg

Back
Top Bottom