Bud weight, wet then dry

George Mc

I just read something on another thread about freshly harvested buds lose about 80 or 90% of their water weight by the time they are cured. Why don't we see if we can get a few people to post those numbers on this thread. As soon as you harvest and wet trim your buds weigh a small batch that you keep separate from the others and then after it's dried and cured weigh them again and let's see what the differences are. I know it really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things but it's kind of a neat little experiment. I won't be able to post anything here for at least five months. But others are welcome to. Have a good day.

I've seen more of a 20-25% recovery from wet to dry not including tree trunks and all the fan leaves
When you say recovery do you mean the buds only lost 20 to 25% of their weight?

thinkin @Chris Scorpio is talkin dry weight is 25% of what was wet. 100 grams wet dries to 20 to 25 grams.

i have always found about an 80% loss,, but not sure if i have ever precisely measured,, but i have measured,, just not precisely

cheers

I don't do this personally but I've seen it commercially. It's going to depend on a lot. We track these numbers by strain. First, tracking bio mass or what was taken off at harvest. And then tracking the plants weight right through to cure.

Typically you lose 75-80% and the number is closer to 80 when wet trim is done. Not, always and difficult to track. But, dry trimming is better for end weight.

Back
Top Bottom