Buddah is a Noob - Soil - Midnight Kush - 2011

BreathinBudda

Hello all, this is my first venture into what is fast becoming a hobby of mine: raising mary jane. I guess I'll start with an info dump n' then type some words.:popcorn:

Strain: G13 Midnight Kush from Attitude
Genetics:'Mostly Indica' Hashplant x Blueberry
Medium: Organic soil mix, with extra lava rocks. pH 6 at feeding, around 7 when dryer.
Lights: 28 watt LED panel plus two(2) 'daylight' pigtail CFLs on clamps for shits n giggles.
Room:Big room, light proofed, 8" ceiling exhaust, passive intake, lots of spiders, no other bugs that I've seen or caught on sticky.
Nutrients: Formula Flora. Feeding/watering once a day in the middle of the day cycle.

Pics or it didn't happen.
The Stage:
IMG_20110813_062258.jpg

To the right, that step you see, is a corner step with a drain in it. I'll be building a 3x3 floor to ceiling cab over this very soon. Though I do wonder if I should flower in the cab or flower out on the floor; I imagine the latter. The black box on the wall to the left is the passive intake. The tub you see is my bubble cloner I built from a DIY thread somewhere, I've lost the link.

IMG_20110813_060845.jpg

Meet Mrs. King
This is mi madre, I 'topped' her way early in week two. It was more of a pinch then a cut, as I left the fan leaves and pinched out the rest. I wanted to see what would happen; I was hoping for a bushy bitch with lots of cuttings very soon: that's exactly what I got.
IMG_20110813_051706.jpg

Here you can see the topped top, one of the two cuttings I took (mid week 3), and the 6 more that are on her already.
IMG_20110813_063022.jpg

You can also see how that leaf is a bit curled. I've been running into that lately. I did some reading and I think it was because I was over-watering, I cut it down a bit and the curling is fading.
Here are the cuttings:
IMG_20110813_050932.jpg
I took two, probably too early to do so, but there are six more on her and I wanted to experiment. I cut each, then cut diagonal. I plopped one into a glass of de-chlorinated tap water with a cap full of H202, the other I dipped in said water and then placed directly in soil. They were both fine until this morning when I finished building the bubbler, and put them in it. When I got back from my day, the one that had originally been in that glass had dried out and wilted. However the other seems to be thriving. I took the wilted one, recut diagonal, cut off lower nodes, stuck it back in, just to see what happens.

Finally I'd like to share my DIY scrubber I built from DutchDude's DIY thread:
IMG_20110813_062426.jpg

63a3R.jpg

Oh and that's Grover. He helps.

Well that's all for now, someone asked for a journal so I thought I'd throw something up real quick like. I've got this awesome room though, lots of space, two floor drains, ceiling exhaust, sink, shower head, ducted passive intake. All of it there before I started. Socool. I'm definitely starting small, but I tend to get REALLY INVOLVED with my hobbies, so I may utilize more of said space very soon.

Re: Buddah is a Noob (Soil_Midnight Kush_2011)

So I wasn't able to check on the room yesterday before work. Today when I went in both my clones were drooping. Turns out the suction cups on my air stones don't work as well as I'd like and they floated to the top, and weren't misting the stems.

Interestingly enough it seems that one plant is a little worse, and one plant is a little better. Meaning that first clone that wilted was actually thriving until the air stones floated. I guess the re-cut worked. I re-cut the other one today and I took two new cuttings as well.

I plan to flip to 12/12 late this week(4). Shortly after I build a cabinet to put the clones in, I want to keep them 24/0, right now they're just next to the other at 18/6. I want to flower this one plant, go completely through the cycle from sprout to smoke with just one first.

More pics to come after construction.

-Buddah

I don't know if this is helpful at this point - but I have seen people hot-glue the air stones to the bottom. You should probably empty it fist before trying though :)

Yeah I should have thought of that beforehand, but the suction cups seem to be holding now, I'm not too worried about it, it's obvious by sound when they're floating. Just tedious for now.:thedoubletake:

I keep rethinking my cabinet design and I think really all I want is a clone box. I may go farther and have two chambers for veg/flower, but for now really I don't need that. I'm going to build a tent for the clones today, and then flip the mom to 12/12.

Don't fret, I'll have a camera with me =]

All four clones (even the very wilted ones) are now thriving and green and reaching up. However today I found a fan leaf on the mom with 1/16" of the tip burned and crispy and a small browning spot on it. Couldn't possibly be a heat issue, so I imagine its from the food or water. Ph is 6.6-7 so I think Ima just water for a couple days no food n see where she goes. I am using tap water, but I'm sure to let it completely de-chlorinate first. Tap water ph's at around 6.8.

I can't wait to show you, she looks so good. :yummy:

-Buddah

Well, truth seekers, I've got good news and bad news.

The bad news: This grow is over, I'm destroying the plants. Though state law protects me and my primary caregiver from arrest and civil penalties, the current landowner (father) is not totally comfortable with the idea of having a hidden grow in the presence of family members.

The good news: I found another landowner willing to participate, but they don't have the room in the existing structure. However they were planning to build a shed separated from the main structure, and I offered to build it for them if I could build it to my specs and use it to grow; sure to include enough space to use it as a real shed.

So while this project has come to a close, I get to build another perfect grow room from the foundation to the exhaust caps.

If the mods could, go ahead and move this thread to abandoned grows.

See ya next time.

--Buddah

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Sorry you had to stop early.

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom