Budding Early!?

budluv

Ok I need your help....

I have two plant that were placed outside in late April or early June

One of them is Pineapple Express or G13 Haze -- Not sure as one of the seedling died and I did not label them-
And the other one is sweet Black Angel - Both are Fems and not auto flowering

Ok so I fim my plants from the 5th node on --- The Pineapple Express or G13 is really really really short and not growing taller- Bushy yes but still? And the Sweet Black Angel was placed out later and is about a foot taller.

I fim the both of the regularly--- But about a week ago I fimed every last node on each plant all at once.. Of course it stunts growth for a little bit- but they have not seemed to really recover from it

I went out to my plants today to check on the plants and if I needed to fim it again... and it now looks like they are starting to flower!?!
One is less than a foot tall and the other is about 2 feet tall- they are in direct sun from sun up to sun down, get plenty of nutrients- and No I have not used BLOOM on them yet - Dyna Gro and Mexican Bat Guano
It is the beginning of Aug btw

Re: Budding Early !?

It's the beginning of August all over the world lol.

What varies is the Solstice, and Equinox dates based on where you live. But the fact that fall is likely approaching where you life, and days are getting shorter could be the reason they're flowering.

Lol... I didn't know when people would see this

lets say i'm in the most southern state in the US--- And the days are not short, Its still daylight at 8pm

The Summer Solstice occurred on June 21 at 6:51am. That was the point where the days are longest. After that date, the days get shorter, and plants detect that if they're photo period plants.

If your strains are Autoflowers, which depending on which Haze you were growing, some are Autos. Some Pineapple Express are also Autos, in that case, the Solstice and Equinox dates are irrelevant, and the plant will flower based on the 'internal clock' in its genetics.

It depends how photoperiod-sensitive your strain is and how far north/south you live. Some flower in the beginning of August or even end of July with some fast indicas. Some sativas however flower not earlier than September, so it all depends.

It depends how photoperiod-sensitive your strain is and how far north/south you live. Some flower in the beginning of August or even end of July with some fast indicas. Some sativas however flower not earlier than September, so it all depends.

Say i'm in Fl

No they are not Auto Flowing I made sure of that when I got the seeds

I just thought this time was for growth... They are not getting very big, Same time last year my plant was huge and I've done what I thought was a better time looking after it... It should be growing in to a freaking tree but its just a shrub at this point :/

Hell if they gotten bigger I wouldn't care if they starting budding early-- But I don't want to waste all this time for a small yield

Is there such a thing has Fiming too much at once?

the more you pinch it the more it stunts plants growth. if you went wild on the pinching you could have slowed growth for sure.

Fuckkk... Everything I was reading and watching said Fim everything... So I did, all at once

Crap!

like you said, its a shrub, thats what happens when you fim it. the idea is to bend and pinch till its short and wide then you get nice colas across then entire plant as opposed to 1 big cola at the top.

True to a point ... That's how people grow those huge trees of bud

As they are growing the fim or top them - They then split out 2-4 new branches that keep growing taller that you do the same thing to them again - as well as them becoming bushy

Lol... I didn't know when people would see this

lets say i'm in the most southern state in the US--- And the days are not short, Its still daylight at 8pm

im in kentucky of usa and my plants just started flowering as well..its normal bc the days are getting shortter ever day by 1 or 2 mins and the plants sense this..dont be worried they know what they are doing

im in kentucky of usa and my plants just started flowering as well..its normal bc the days are getting shortter ever day by 1 or 2 mins and the plants sense this..dont be worried they know what they are doing

The only issue is they did not grow big at all... They are tiny and I don't understand why

The size problem could be caused by a number of issues.

planted too late in the season
not enough direct light
overwatering
underwatering
stress from training
damaged roots
infected roots
root rot
pests

I started them on like June 1st--- From everything I was reading, that seemed to be the perfect time

I have them in a large 4x4 plant bed about foot high --- I think my raspberry bush roots might of gotten in there :/

I water them every other day, they have great drainage as the type of soil I made and the soil where I live
They also have maxim sun exposure- I made sure of that lol

The only thing I can think of is the training I gave them... But the funny thing is, I trained them just as intensely as my last years crop and it grew twice the size-- I guess it could be because of the strain- those where bag seeds

Ohh well, Maybe I'll do better next year

The only issue is they did not grow big at all... They are tiny and I don't understand why

u started ur seeds on june1st is most likely the reason..all my plants are 7foot - 9foot tall right now but i started my seeds march 31st and moved them outdoors to their permant homes on may 16th..also could be the bagseed..i would personally never grow a bagseed bc all my plants i harvest has never had 1 seed in them..another thing with bagseeds( which is only my opinion) is that if it was pollenated u have no ideal how stable that is or with the seed being in the bud could have hermie traits all of which i dont want in my grows..for me its best to just spend 50-100$ and get some good quailty genetics..it will be better in the long run for u imo

I guess it was too late in the season

Another question though... What will happen if put Veg and Bloom Nutes on it during the Flowering stage

I guess it was too late in the season

Another question though... What will happen if put Veg and Bloom Nutes on it during the Flowering stage
it will be just like feeding but with less phorpus..the plant goes on the hours of day when it starts budding and the nutes we give it just help make it bigger but since its flowering u want to get the buds as big as u can..so start giveing it bloom nutes bc it neeeds more phorpus now not as much nitrogen

Back
Top Bottom