Budding & Flowering Marijuana

Check the last couple pages of my second journal...I am just over two weeks in to flower at this point but I have pics from right before going to 12/12 and as soon as the light came on as well as a few other pics. The pistils will start to elongate first and then you'll start to see small buds begin to grow :)

I have some plants that I have been working on in an outside area and need some help. How do I know when the buds will start to come through? As of right now I have one that is probably 3 feet tall that all it has is leafs that have a little sparkle to them but no clump of buds and it just keeps producing more leafs. I put a sheet over them this morning to induce 24 darkness because I can't let them get to big. The biggest one has been in the ground for at least 8 weeks maybe 10. Then I have 2 more that are Northen Light Feminaized plants that one looks just like the first one I planted and has grown to be almost as big but has only been in the grown for 4-5 weeks maybe. What am I doing wrong to not get buds? I water them every night and I don't cut them. I need some help please!!!

try putting it in a dark closet for 12 hours every day at the same time check in about a week should start to bud.

this is my first time flowering growing etc, what is the min. flowering time in weeks? My oldest is 5wks in, the trichomes are not really glistening yet, nor do they really look like little reverse water drops....I do need to get a microscope so I can see the amber trichs to indicate the plant has finished. The pistils are about 20-30% brown now, and some of the buds look like some good smoke but I read that at week 8, week nine will only get better...but I will still pay attention to the plants individuality and pay attention and let her dictate when she's fully ripened
I've been doing some low stress training to increase bud production on the others, things are going great. TTyl, take care and stay one toke over the line!!

There is no set time on harvest...too many factors such as soil condition, stress, exact light cycle, strain, etc. Indicas average roughly 8 weeks, sativas even up to 12 weeks or more. If you have a camera with a macro mode you can use that in lieu of a microscope or jeweler's loupe but it will be essential in timing your harvest correctly. Don't go by the pistil color either.

In the last couple weeks you will notice your buds suddenly filling in a lot more, almost like a second growth spurt. The trichomes will seem to explode everywhere too. At that point you know you're getting close but without a way to check the trichs themselves it's a guessing game unless you sample often but that will result in a lower final yield.

Good luck! Reaping what you sow in this instance is a good thing! :thumb:

Hey wilfred settle bro! Youll get yours! Youve worked so hard to this point so chill! Most sativas take 9-12weeks to flower and indicas might only take 6-10 weeks! You will have some nice bud in a couple of months!

P.s wilfred get the dark perfect my man! Check for leaking light! Its always good to have two seperate areas for veg/flowering .

Wilfred you will unfortunately have to put an air vent throughout the wall for in and out! Your leaves will tell you if saliva long and thinner while indicas are wider and broader! tough to tell in beginning! Block off your other area real good and the air under the door will be fine as intake! How is the air getting out? Smell getting out?

Well I want to tell ya, you guy got it nice. I cleared the Veg nute's I took away the lights for 30 hours them got some nice clean room temp water and added the Bloomin nute's. well I have had enough of this. Someone keeps giving my girls a razor and they are shaving in the dark. NO HAIRS SPLAIN that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH. ROFLMAO:grinjoint::grinjoint:

I need help my plant has been growing for like 2-3 months now its about up to my waist and a little above it. i am 5'5 and there isnt no bud yet? its a male plant and its outdoor planting. I need help trying to make it bud.. any suggestions?

Heres my question.....Clones grown indoors with 24 hour light.Set out in green house june 2. they have grown into 7 footers. first week in aug,they are showing start of budding. the question is will they finish sooner than plants that were grown outdoors,or about the same?

I need help my plant has been growing for like 2-3 months now its about up to my waist and a little above it. i am 5'5 and there isnt no bud yet? its a male plant and its outdoor planting. I need help trying to make it bud.. any suggestions?

Unless it's a typo on your part, you typed male plant and a male plant will never bud...

If it is female then just read the thread a bit, there a few ways posted to manipulate the light cycle using blankets, tarps, etc... Good luck!

That depends mainly on the strain... some shorter some longer. If they are a strain that finishes in early/mid Sept. then that would be about right.
Need to know the strain to be sure!

Heres my question.....Clones grown indoors with 24 hour light.Set out in green house june 2. they have grown into 7 footers. first week in aug,they are showing start of budding. the question is will they finish sooner than plants that were grown outdoors,or about the same?

It is strain dependent... doesn't matter how big it is or how long it has been growing, it is a photosensitive plant and will/should flower when the darkness is sufficient to make it do so.
You could always "light dep" her and push the issue but it's a lil more involved than letting nature take course!

By the way... light deprivation is manipulating the light they get and tricking them into thinking it's later in the year than in really is... gets an early harvest and also is good for avoiding mold issues that come w/the later rains!

Unless it's a typo on your part, you typed male plant and a male plant will never bud...

If it is female then just read the thread a bit, there a few ways posted to manipulate the light cycle using blankets, tarps, etc... Good luck!

thank you this was very helpful now.. should u suggest i put a blanket over it so it be more dark time den light time?

It is strain dependent... doesn't matter how big it is or how long it has been growing, it is a photosensitive plant and will/should flower when the darkness is sufficient to make it do so.
You could always "light dep" her and push the issue but it's a lil more involved than letting nature take course!

By the way... light deprivation is manipulating the light they get and tricking them into thinking it's later in the year than in really is... gets an early harvest and also is good for avoiding mold issues that come w/the later rains!

thank you ur post was really helpful i really appreciated :)

thank you this was very helpful now.. should u suggest i put a blanket over it so it be more dark time den light time?

Use something rigid to hold the blanket don't just rest it on the plant. Panda plastic would work best. But like the Capt' said it is more involved than that, you got to choose a time during sunrise or sunset (whichever is cooler where you are) and do it every day until nature can take over, and you still have to have her breathe as it is going to get hot under there. Why not just wait it out?

took my smallest plant and put it in a 55 gal drum at 6pm every night for last 2 weeks and its got marble size buds already, so if you have small plants ,a 55 gal drum or very large platic garbage can would work. not that much trouble to put in can every night, then after dark,take it out and its ready for morning.the rest will do it naturally, but i will be real glad to have one done early.;)

Back
Top Bottom