Budding & Flowering Marijuana

here are some better pics I need a bit of help in a newbie and I'm sorry of I'm thread crashing on others but in need of being schooled on growing and know what I have

The little green spikes (spicules) are vegetative growth and form on both males and females.

When she is ready to flower, you'll see pairs of fine white hairs forming at the growing tips. There is nothing else you can mistake them for.

If you should happen to see smooth teardrop-shaped pods (no hairs) on thin green stalks, usually appearing in bunches, then you have a male, and should remove him from the grow area immediately!

These pics show healthy veg growth. Since this is a late reply, you probably already have either male or female preflowers showing.

Hi!
I have noob question/problem :))))

For me, they look like hermaphrodites, is it so ?

22089.jpg

16358.jpg

My phone takes crap pictures :)
Edit: and sorry for rotated pictures, i cant get them right.
Thanks for everybody, great forum :thumb:

Thanks!
One of them has hair on top bud.. but okay... i will remove them.
:thanks:

I had to go with what I could see. Isolating them will give them time to show their true colors before you decide whether a stay of execution is in order or to toss them into the edible bin.

If the top one is showing female hairs and the nodes are showing pods on stalks, then you can try to pluck off all the pods. Another possibility is that you have a pollinating male somewhere that already fertilized your buds. I've never seen a pollenated bud, so don't know how they look compared to male pods.

Man, I can't see the top one that well to tell what is going on, but that second one needs to be terminated not isolated... get a better pic of the top one, but if it looks anything like the bottom one it needs to be terminated as well. and to get your pictures right, you have to hold your phone side ways, if it is an android put the volume control towards the floor when you take a picture, that should get it right on here.

Man, I can't see the top one that well to tell what is going on, but that second one needs to be terminated not isolated... get a better pic of the top one, but if it looks anything like the bottom one it needs to be terminated as well. and to get your pictures right, you have to hold your phone side ways, if it is an android put the volume control towards the floor when you take a picture, that should get it right on here.

hei man,

I already removed them. Both are hermies, very few female pistils.
Thanks guys! :)

image34871.jpg

Hey Guys first time poster need some help do these tricomes look ready im 2 weeks past breeders flowering time starting to see some amber but im looking for a nice euphoria not a couch lock. Everybody here thanks alot im a bit late to post but this site helped me thrue my very first indoor! The strain is Auto Big Bang GHS

Newbie here. Close to harvest time I think. But not really sure. Looking for help/advice. I've been in the flowering stage for at least 5-6 weeks. Closely looking for, and at trichomes development. I definitely don't want to harvest too early. I see cloudy and clear trichomes. But, looks like she hasn't grown anymore or the buds aren't getting any larger. The very top of the plant pistils have all turned brown and the more I inspect the trichomes, it seems they may be degrading. They are cloudy, but there just doesn't seem to be as many as there were. Don't know if I should cut the top off or just keep watching until I get some amber trichomes. It's an indica, that said afghani regular. I would appreciate any advice.

From your description, I would say, do a partial harvest of your mature buds. Get them dry and into jars for your month-long cure. Meanwhile, keep an eye on the smaller, less developed buds at the bottom. When they get all cloudy like you described above, then harvest the rest of the plant.

Thanks. But slightly late. I went ahead and took it. It was getting nowhere. Just looked like the trichomes were starting to disappear. It was a late in the season, outdoor plant. I think it may have went into flowering early with the days getting shorter. Can that happen? I read somewhere that sometimes the trichomes don't go amber. Most, if not all, of mine were cloudy. First time, so I'll see how it drys and cures. Buds are pretty small. But, I learned a lot. So, next time will be better. I hope.

Thanks. But slightly late. I went ahead and took it. It was getting nowhere. Just looked like the trichomes were starting to disappear. It was a late in the season, outdoor plant. I think it may have went into flowering early with the days getting shorter. Can that happen? I read somewhere that sometimes the trichomes don't go amber. Most, if not all, of mine were cloudy. First time, so I'll see how it drys and cures. Buds are pretty small. But, I learned a lot. So, next time will be better. I hope.

My trics have NEVER gone amber. Once I nearly let the whole plant die before realizing that this strain was NOT going to turn color. It gave a couch-body lock instead of a trippy high, so was beyond what the smokers in my family prefer. I made cookies from that harvest, and the high was a body tingle, with my butt firmly assimilated into the recliner for about 3 hours. LOL!

Not sure if this is where I should post this but...
Could someone please help me out and answer a question for me on my grow journal regarding flowering transition? Here is a link.. I'm growing Crown Royale, Dark Angel and Green Crack using a 400W MH AND 3 four-foot T5HO sunblasters in a closet for veg and 1000W HPS in a 4X4 cabinet for flowering. The Crown Royales are ready to flip. Even if you can't help me out with the question, subscribe for a nice and detailed picture filled journal. Lots of learning on the way.

. Here's the link...

Captain Howdy's - Crown Royal - Closet - Soil - Grow

-Captain Howdy

This might be more of a lighting question than a flowering question, but since it's about going into flower I thought I would poll the gurus here too. I have a total of 6'10" vertical space in my tent. Light and hangers 1 foot, distance to plant from light 1-2 feet , pot height 1 foot, plants are a little more than 1 foot tall right now, leaving me only 2-3 feet left for vertical growth. Having never taken a crop into flower before I not sure what to expect in the way of growth. I am running 1 plant that is an Indica dominant strain, but the rest are Sativa dominant Hybrids. So it come down how soon to start adjusting light to get to 12/12.

OPINIONS/OPTIONS NEEDED!!
Part 1 of 2 part question: After doing all measurements, it has come to my attention that after I install the new 1000W HPS and adjusting for new lighting distance from plants (1-2 feet, chime in if this is incorrect) I only have 2 feet of growth room left. So I have decided to adjust my 24/0 lighting by 1 hour a day until I get to 12/12 over the next 12 days.?
Part 2 of 2
I have 2 of 4 plants already on the first week of flowering nutes but other 2 are still at end of veg nutes, can I skip last week or so of veg feeding schedule and go right to fist week of flowering nutes? (Nutes are DaKine 420 powdered nutes, 3 part system plus a micronutrient for root mass)
Any thoughts on this would be a great help.

Part1. I would just go straight to 12/12 light as the plants will grow still for the next 12 days and you may run out of room, then there is nothing you can do. Safe then sorry.
Part2. you can switch a plant anytime you want into flowering. First week of feeding into the flowering stage I give them 1/2 of grow nutes and 1/2 of flower nutes. Then go say 3/4 flowering nutes for the next feeding and full nutes for the last of your flowering. I stop the nutes in the last week or so and just give them water to flush.

Back
Top Bottom