Budding & Flowering Marijuana

Hi everyone, I'm a first time grower and wanted to know how much longer before my buds start thickening so far it's the white hairs and it's been about 3 weeks into flowering stage, I hope I'm not intruding on anyone's post I'm still learning how to use this site, also I would upload pics but hmmm not sure how yet lol thanks in advance to those who help xoxo

Hello ,question
0407161655a.jpg
0408161601.jpg
0401161646c.jpg
04071616471.jpg
0407161646b1.jpg
,i need to induce labor,or flowering for my amnesia haze from SOMA SEEDS,she's been vegging for over 2 months,and the seasons just starting,ourdoors,since sativas are sensitive,Can to much heat effect a plants flowering stage once you induce the flowering,that's my concern,im affraid to induce flowering,if the hot weather is only going to produce airy buds?,in California it's going to get ridiculously hot,real fast,or should I just get a 10 or 20 gallon geopot,tie it down and just have one monster plant?also because it's a sativa it's going to stretch 125 % , will a 10 or 20 gal geopot,provide enough room for a root system that's been vegging for 6 months,plus the added flowering time for sativas,13 weeks,i go 16 to 17weeks, to really pack on the weight..thanks for readinding,Nice thread,here's a few pics of my amnesia haze,you can already see the problem in size,she's way to big to allow another 3 months of vegging,in my professional and legal opinion,these pics are a few weeks old,the plants just exploding with growth,i need to clear some space off my camera before I can take anymore pics..I've never grown anything this small before,you can see some pics of my old grows,and see what I mean,,5 gallon geopot s are awsome,im trying for a controlled 100% organic grow ,I noticed right away,although my last grow was also coco,but in the ground,last year's plants did not have the textures, smell and beautiful detail like this years,i think it's because theirs no waisted nutrients or run off,each plant can fully uptake the precise amount of food,and the air flowing between the geopots,combined with my extreme raised bed technique and ALKALINE 88,these few little changes have transformed my strains into the unknown, I love it..HAPPY GROWING..Ps.sorry for babbeling,i could talk for ever about cannabis..

Hey guys and gals. We have noticed some slight yellowing on the fan leaves and super droopy leaves. We last fed this 2 days ago with Fox farm week 8 in their feeding schedule. The plant didn't bounce back as expected. So, we decided we better flush the nutes to make sure that's not why the fan leaves were yellowing and droopy. We added some boomerang bounce back formula to the flush we did last night. The plant looks a little better today, but not much. The buds on the tops look like they are drying slightly, also, the hairs on the flower are starting to turn yellowish. Is this normal for a plant to do just weeks before harvest? We were wondering if there was anything we need to do, or just stop worrying as we are new to parenting. This will be our first harvest. :) :thanks:

True,topping is great for quantity,i always topped my plants,but,not this year,some Say topping your plant destroys the plants genetics, and takes away about 30% of the potency, so I've got to see for myself,i already notice a huge difference in smell and texture of the plants that are NOT topped,compared to my topped plants last year,i growing the exact same strains,yet these ones look much stronger,fatter and just overall much better then all the plants I topped..last year..HAPPY GROWING.

This will be our first harvest. :) :thanks:

Congratulations!

Some of the things you mentioned will be stain-dependent to a degree.

The "hairs" that the calyxs extend to collect male pollen (in order to collect pollen so that a seed can be produced) will turn color when it ages. I would not expect to see them all change color at once, lol, as - obviously - all of the flowers that make up the buds on any given plant will be of different ages.

Some strains drop quite a bit of fan leaves as flowering progresses towards the finish. They were typically ones with mostly sativa genetics that had longer flowering times.

True,topping is great for quantity,i always topped my plants,but,not this year,some Say topping your plant destroys the plants genetics, and takes away about 30% of the potency, so I've got to see for myself,i already notice a huge difference in smell and texture of the plants that are NOT topped,compared to my topped plants last year,i growing the exact same strains,yet these ones look much stronger,fatter and just overall much better then all the plants I topped..last year..HAPPY GROWING.

I've never heard - and would have a hard time believing - that topping "destroys genetics" or harms the potency. You do, of course, lose all the plant matter that you cut away when you top a plant. People top their plants to control height and encourage branching.

Personally, I favor training instead of topping. Kudos to you for not topping your plants this time.

If the grower can get the top tip of the plant down so that is no longer the highest part, the plant will redistribute its auxins/hormones - which will encourage branching. This is, in part, a "light-seeking" response, basically. Plants evolved in environments where the light generally came from up in the sky, lol. Force its head down and it will raise another one - or several - so to speak.

Nicely written. Very informative. Thanks. I was looking for an answer to a question I had about misting my plant while she's flowering. And you have answered it.
Flowering plants should not be sprayed often as this will promote mold and rot.
I grow in the bathroom of my trailer and it gets really warm in there. I use 3 200 Watt CFLs and the temp gets up about 34-36 degrees. I'm assuming I'm reading into it right, that it is okay to spritz them periodically, just don't keep them damp a lot, lest I get bud rot?

Thanks for that info,your right ,it's a bit of a mythical theory about topping,,i couldn't tell the difference in last year's grow,then again I had nothing to compare it too,I grew somari,from SOMA last year,i topped it,the smoke was great,but at least half as potent then the somari I grew this year without topping,that I can tell you,without a doubt,the somari this year destroyed last years,both were in the ground? Maybe it was the coco,i also switched my base,no more soil,(last year I mixed foxfarm,with a little coco,,so it's possible the switch improved the quality over the fact of not topping?I may run a small experiment, and grow 2 exact strains side by side,one topped and the other one not topped,that's the only way I could truly get a better idea,,of this myth,,if you think about it,my does make sense,if you chop off the head to anything,it will dramatically change the genetics,,then again ,,,,THE UNIVERSE and MOTHER NATURE are under NO obligation to make sense to you....HAPPY GROWING...

Just found i have hermieS in week 7 of flower. Should i just keep on keeping on or seperate the bad 3-4 from the 8. Blueberry strain and NY deisel. I am devastated. First timer. I found bsnans on what I thought was my best and started looking at others and found a few ripe seeds visible wo digging through bud. I guess i got lazy the few weeks. I had seperated them and put 400 more watts on them but i had 400 on the whole 8 to begin with. Ok I had 8 together and they got congested so i took 4 out and put 400 watts on them. I was told more light can never hurt and i put mirrors around them. What a mess,i was counting on a good crop now im ready to trash all of them. Any help

Looking for some info on the early miss strain

Google

Just found i have hermieS in week 7 of flower. Should i just keep on keeping on or seperate the bad 3-4 from the 8. Blueberry strain and NY deisel. I am devastated. First timer. I found bsnans on what I thought was my best and started looking at others and found a few ripe seeds visible wo digging through bud. I guess i got lazy the few weeks. I had seperated them and put 400 more watts on them but i had 400 on the whole 8 to begin with. Ok I had 8 together and they got congested so i took 4 out and put 400 watts on them. I was told more light can never hurt and i put mirrors around them. What a mess,i was counting on a good crop now im ready to trash all of them. Any help

First, mirrors... are not completely useless - but they're not far from it (IMHO). You'd have been far better off if you'd primed and painted them flat white, lol. They do not actually reflect that high of a percentage of the light that hits them (they might reflect heat energy back at your plants though :rolleyes3 .

As far as your hermaphrodites... A high level of stress (or normalcy interspersed with periods of high stress) can cause male flowers. It's a survival mechanism. Conditions not greatly conducive to life? Form a bunch of seeds and try again next year, lol. But it is also not at all unheard of for some strains to produce male flowers (on otherwise female plants) late in the flowering period. Now... This is primarily noted with long-flowering strains, where a plant that has, for example, a 15-week flowering period might start producing a male flower "or two" (lol) in the 12th week and after. However, there are also strains that seem prone to do it from day one of flowering. And if you happen to be growing a strain that is both prone to this behavior AND a long-flowering strain... I always loved Thai sativas - but I always HATED growing them.

Unfortunately, since you have already found seeds, at least one of the plants in your grow room has been producing male flowers for a while (it takes, IIRC, around four weeks for pollinated female flowers to produce mature seeds - although this can vary slightly by strain). The production of THC (et cetera) slows markedly after pollination, because producing offspring (in this case, seeds) is an organism's primary (you could say sole) purpose in life and, well... mission accomplished, lol. If you were very early in the flowering period and saw more than a sporadic few male flowers being produced, I would most likely recommend "canceling" the offending plant(s). But at seven+ weeks into flowering... IDK. If it were me, I might do a great deal of b!tching but continue, on the basis that, well... Although sinsemilla is the goal, even seedy bud beats no bud.

Lose the mirrors! Go to the nearest Home Depot and pick up a gallon of Zinsser 123 primer and a gallon of BEHR Premium Plus Ultra paint (WHITE - flat white should give the highest reflectivity, although eggshell or satin will allow you to clean the walls when they need it (semi-gloss will be even more durable, but provide even less reflectivity, so...)).

G'day, I am into week 2 of flower now the white pre-flowers have turned brown. I am growing in coco under 350w led 24" above plant temps ph are correct. Is this normal?

I have had my lights cut back to 12/12 for 22 days now and still no sign of flowering. Plants still vegging. light is 600 watt HPS. I'm in a 4 by 4 tent. Temps average around mid 70's during day and low to mid 60's at night. Tent is in a spare bedroom on second floor on carpeting. Plants are very full but no sign at all of flower. just new sets of leaves. plants are 2 super skunk and 2 strawberry kush. been growing for 10 years and this is a new one to me. Plants have always flowered when I've switched light hrs. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hey guys. I want to try SoG for the next cycle. And try as many strains as possible my space allowes. I will grow autos and i want them to be just 1 cola with no brunches. How do i manage to get 1 cola and make it dense and fat?

G'day, I am into week 2 of flower now the white pre-flowers have turned brown. I am growing in coco under 350w led 24" above plant temps ph are correct. Is this normal?
The brown you see is normal. My own flowers started turning at week 3. I have a ways to go before it's ready for harvest.

Hey guys. I want to try SoG for the next cycle. And try as many strains as possible my space allowes. I will grow autos and i want them to be just 1 cola with no brunches. How do i manage to get 1 cola and make it dense and fat?

Small container, 12/12 from start, trim the extra.

Back
Top Bottom