Budding & Flowering Marijuana

i'm a new grower too so mabey i'm wrong but i harvested my ripe buds and let the rest keep going until they were ready . this way is a bit more work but it gives me a hell of a lot more good bud.

I was wondering about that most of my light comes from the top. The lower buds are so small I am going to try that and let you know here is a pic of the top not cropped.
Close38.JPG

I have 3 plants in veg 20 hrs light and one of them is starting to flower white hairs all over it can anyone tell me whats going on and what i should do ive never had this happen before

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

it sound like you have a mature plant thats just getting to the end of its life cycle and thats why your leaves are starting to yellow and wilt a little, this will happen to leaves on different places on the plant and on large or small leaves. I would suggest going to flush and let her grow. when your hair turns color she will be getting really close. you will see your sugar leave on the buds getting covered with trics and when they turn cloudy she's ready . BE patient , it's easy to harvest to soon, I also do my harvest as the buds mature. you dont pick fruit before its ripe do you? normally you can get 2 harvest from a plant . I've even taken a plant to a 3rd cut and the smoke was still kicker. I dont "popcorn" my plants because if I did I'd loose all of that extra bud but I do top them once. so just let em grow and enjoy:thumb:

Here are some pics of Money Maker & White Lemon topped, also some pics of that they look like topped. I have a few others that have been flowering for about 3 weeks now. Will add pics of them also what do you think should I pull the plants I have topped the leaves are yellow but the buds are just not that big.

The hairs are about 3/4 red and the trichromes are a little dark, let me know your thoughts please

I love reading all the questions and answers have learned so much and my grow is so much better now since I joined.

Have a great day!!!!
White_Lemon_topped.jpg

White Lemon Topped
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/White_Lemon_Money_Maker_about_3_wks_into_flowering.jpg
White Lemon & Money Maker 3 weeks into Flowering
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Money_Maker_getting_ready_to_flower.jpg
Top_of_Bud_cut.jpg

Money Maker Top Buds Cut
Top_of_Bud_cut.jpg

you definitely have a male in there . GET IT OUT OF THERE OR EVERY ONE OF YOUR PLANTS WILL GET POLLINATED if they aren't already .harvest the plants that have gone to seed. they will still get you stoned. save your seeds because you'll get around a 50/50 chance of female plants and if you clone them you'll get 100% female on your clones...GOOD LUCK and pay closer attention to your plants . ball sack is a male. they will show there sex after 2-3 weeks of veg growth. learn the difference . it'll save you alot of grief

Hi I have a northern lights auto its in its 5th week of veg but only 8" tall when do I need to change to 12/12 please help. Im running 300w dual spectrum cfl + 4x40w 6500k cfl temp is at 28°c im using plant magic veg boost nutes also my ph is 8 y is it so high and how can I reduce it oh yeh growing in soil

I have a question. I am looking at seed varieties and I am wondering about autoflowering. specifically the quote
" Autoflowering marijuana seeds are fast flowering strains that will flower automatically during any light cycle "
Does this mean that the female plants will mature and begin to flower as soon as they mature, or will they still need to be triggered into flower by timing of darkness to mimic the fall season ?

I hope that makes sense, I have epilepsy and have trouble explaining and understanding sometimes =)

I have a question. I am looking at seed varieties and I am wondering about autoflowering. specifically the quote
" Autoflowering marijuana seeds are fast flowering strains that will flower automatically during any light cycle "
Does this mean that the female plants will mature and begin to flower as soon as they mature, or will they still need to be triggered into flower by timing of darkness to mimic the fall season ?

I hope that makes sense, I have epilepsy and have trouble explaining and understanding sometimes =)

Plant them, set the timer, and walk away. I run autos at 18/6 for their entire lifetime. Pistils appear around three weeks, they take off stretching, and in a total of 100 days or less I harvest.

I did a few auto's and yes they will flower at 4 weeks into there grow. Your lighting schedule will not affect this. You'll want to switch over to a HPS and a 12/12 when they do start. make sure that you plant your seeds in the pot that your going to use for your grow because you don't want to do any transplanting. auto's dont like transplanting shock and they will finish at the same time transplanted or not. you'll just get less bud. and also make sure that you give your plants room to grow, if your light is to close the plant wont get any taller and you run the risk of cooking the top of your plant. just put your hand under your light over the top of your plant and if your hand gets hot your light is to close....good luck with your auto's.

Ok I'm a noob to growing. Started growing bag seeds with 250w grow lights and blue lights also, my box is about 30"x30"x4'.. I use nutes about every 3rd watering I veged her for about 3 months from seed then went to 12/12 to start flower she has been flowering cycle about 3 1/2 weeks she is about 2 1/2' tall and showing good sign of buds but I think they look very small.. I have clipped alot of the large leaves and trimmed others. I guess my question is how much should I expect to have at harvest from this set up?

from the description of your setup and your plant size, I would estimate around a 2oz harvest . Take only lower leaves and big sun/sucker leaves when you thin out the plant. Also check out how to "popcorn" or "scrog" on you-tube. I personally like "The Grow Boss" . He has a bunch of different videos covering most of the issues that you may run into . Lighting, nutes, grow tents. He does know his shit.

Thanks I will definitely have to check out the videos. I think it's been awhile and I'm getting ready to try it out.. Lol.. I do know patients is the virtue and think I'm starting to get the first time grow jitters. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can be harvesting and have my first grow under my belt. I have a couple of pics in the members gallery if the pics are clear enough to see.. I think I'm going to start my next couple grows and spread them out a little instead of waiting till I harvest to start more. Thanks again for the info..

I'm glad to help. I try to have a harvest every 4-6 weeks which does require both grow and flower chambers . You also wrote that you had your plant veg for 3 months , you can put it under 12/12 at 4 weeks or so. On my 1st grow I let that bad girl veg for just about 3 months and wound up with a friggin' monster that came in at 1/2 a pound. She was 5 feet across and the canopy was around 2 feet thick when I finally changed to 12/12 . It looked like a scrog set-up minus the netting. man did that plant suffer, i frigged up just about as much as possible and she survived . i had it under 1000w mh at first then switched over to a 1000w hps for flower. of course the more light and room the bigger the harvest , anyway , best of luck with your grow...................

Ok I'm a noob to growing. Started growing bag seeds with 250w grow lights and blue lights also, my box is about 30"x30"x4'.. I use nutes about every 3rd watering I veged her for about 3 months from seed then went to 12/12 to start flower she has been flowering cycle about 3 1/2 weeks she is about 2 1/2' tall and showing good sign of buds but I think they look very small.. I have clipped alot of the large leaves and trimmed others. I guess my question is how much should I expect to have at harvest from this set up?

From 250 watts' worth of HPS? Potentially... People used to (and, I suppose, still do) shoot for a gram per watt, so that'd be almost nine ounces. That's assuming everything is perfect (or as near as...), you have a productive strain, your grow space is not oversized for your lighting, your walls are as close to 100% reflective as you can make them, and so on. 250 watts of HID in a space 2½'x2½' is only 40 watts per ft.² - which is not a vast amount by any "yardstick." If your grow space is not full - or is overfull - this would hurt yield. If your strain is not a great producer, more so. Poor reflectivity (less than, IDK, 93%) of the wall surfaces will hurt things, especially if an appreciable portion of your illumination is falling onto poorly reflecting walls. If your plants aren't trained well, causing you to have to keep your light high in order to not burn a tall pant (or portion of same), but you also have shorter ones, that is inefficient (see "inverse square" lighting distance rule). If you have a well-trained garden, a solid canopy, good light intensity which is uniform across your entire grow space area... BUT you have not kept the undergrowth trimmed, this will also hurt because little light will penetrate the canopy to reach said undergrowth.

All that and more (lol). I guess a person could sit down (for... a while) and try to figure out all the factors in a grow that effect yield, then assign a fractional multiplier for each. But one might as well just try to make their own semi-educated guess, lol. How about five and a third ounces, give or take an ounce? If you're growing long-flowering sativa-dominants, knock another ounce to ounce and a half off due to the strain characteristics and lack of "sativa range" light intensity.

At any rate, you'll end up with more bud than you started with ;) .

Back
Top Bottom