Budding & Flowering Marijuana

420-magazine-mobile1958241330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile851774234.jpg

From this morning, I think day 9 or 10 flower(have to check my log for precise day)
Temps past couple nights have been chilly, 46 right now, how long do I have to wait to be able to collect pollen? Could get colder over the next few nights

Although I have heard that the green light will work during dark hours I try to set my 12/12 cycle up to give me time to work in the garden outside of work hours and avoid any possible "light" issues with the green light. :thumb:

420-magazine-mobile1109661892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1149926827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1958719819.jpg
420-magazine-mobile523345241.jpg
They are clones from a friend all his plants are fine but mine came out like this
My clones are doing similar. I heard that once the seasons change especially because I'm assuming yours are outdoor as mine are too when light hours get shorter the plant produces odd leaves because it's a clone and the flowering happens because of the light change. I've even gone as far as adding CFL lights to the night time so they have light most of 24 hours give or take 2 to help slow the flowering so the plant can get bigger. Idk how well it's works it's only been 3 or 4 days with the lights but I enclose them In a makeshift tent at night to keep out the bugs attracted to the light. It's almost undetectable at night w the lights off outside but on in the tent. Just used a cardboard box to fix the lights to and black garden fabric so it breathes.
420-magazine-mobile719155884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile37615130.jpg
420-magazine-mobile240816520.jpg

They are clones from a friend all his plants are fine but mine came out like this

I have never heard of this, but maybe there's someone out there that has. Maybe even have a fix...

I sprouted a seed. It seems strong and the roots are crazy, but the crotch at the top of the plant is completely without new growth. No tiny leaves waiting to grow, not even a slight discoloration. There's nothing to show future growth. What the hell? I was told to top it, but there's really not a lot to top

420-magazine-mobile547881486.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1637115149.jpg

my plant is 2 months old and has went thru preflowing and is budding and smelling good is this normal ? This is my fist grow and i need help LOL

I have never heard of this, but maybe there's someone out there that has. Maybe even have a fix...

I sprouted a seed. It seems strong and the roots are crazy, but the crotch at the top of the plant is completely without new growth. No tiny leaves waiting to grow, not even a slight discoloration. There's nothing to show future growth. What the hell? I was told to top it, but there's really not a lot to top

420-magazine-mobile547881486.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1637115149.jpg

I've seen this once before on another site. The grower said the leaves were growing but trapped inside. He did very minor surgery where he could see a bulge, and allowed the rest of the plant to emerge. This may or MAY NOT be your problem.

my plant is 2 months old and has went thru preflowing and is budding and smelling good is this normal ? This is my fist grow and i need help LOL

Welcome to 420 Blue Rain. :byebye: Perfectly normal. The odor will get more intense too. :)

I've seen this once before on another site. The grower said the leaves were growing but trapped inside. He did very minor surgery where he could see a bulge, and allowed the rest of the plant to emerge. This may or MAY NOT be your problem.
Thanks man. I ended up cutting the two larger leaves. I guess we'll see if anything positive happens. Thanks again

Thanks man. I ended up cutting the two larger leaves. I guess we'll see if anything positive happens. Thanks again
So today there appears to be some progress... today I saw a dode. It looks like an itsy bitsy single leaf. Let's hope the two primary leaves are able to drive the plant till the dode grows up. Thankfully the roost on the poor thing are epic. Fingers crossed
420-magazine-mobile468015745.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1873665360.jpg

Let us know what happens please.
Even if i get pissed and Round Up the whole batch?

I think the North plant will pull it off. Very reassuring that the crotch is showing progress. I'll be sure to share

So, the little one I'm having problems with isnt doing so hot... the 2 primary leaves are dry. One leaf has fallen off, the other will do the same shortly. She's a fighter though. The roots are more prolific than the other two plants put together. And then there's the growth in the crotch area between where the 2 legitimate leaves once grew. I don't think this plant has enough time to do anything serious, but these fuzzy fingers are fun.

420-magazine-mobile881099344.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1359916422.jpg
420-magazine-mobile785026605.jpg

Okay so I do apologize if this has been asked before because I don't have time to read this whole thread to find an answer. But I have an odd thing going on with my cotton candy kush.... Personally I have never seen or heard of this happening before so I only have a few guesses as to what It may be.

My plant is very very bushy which is great, fairly even canopy, lolly popped an all that good stuff. But check this out. There are... I'd say 2-3 smaller (skinnier stems) branches that are showing damn near NO bud development. But the entire rest of the plant looks good and all the other nugs are on track (all things considered.... see journal for more details..). Majority of the plant has nice healthy buds that are starting to fatten up nice, except these few branches that are practically doing nothing. And keep in mind these undeveloped branches are at canopy level and getting plenty of light. the only things I could guess were, 1. Minor root damage 2. Stems not big or strong enough to properly transport nutrients and hormones and all that.

the current nutrient solution I am using is the following and mixed in this order.

2 ml silica
2 ml cal mag
2 ml GH flora micro
1 ml GH flora grow
3 ml GH flora bloom
1/8 teaspoon Flower Fuel

pH: 6.0

using 1000w Led light at about 24 inches high

Anyone have any ideas??? this is far beyond me...

P.S. photos are in grow journal. Should be able to see the branches I am talking about... they are all pretty much in the middle of the canopy or around that area.

Okay so I do apologize if this has been asked before because I don't have time to read this whole thread to find an answer. But I have an odd thing going on with my cotton candy kush.... Personally I have never seen or heard of this happening before so I only have a few guesses as to what It may be.

My plant is very very bushy which is great, fairly even canopy, lolly popped an all that good stuff. But check this out. There are... I'd say 2-3 smaller (skinnier stems) branches that are showing damn near NO bud development. But the entire rest of the plant looks good and all the other nugs are on track (all things considered.... see journal for more details..). Majority of the plant has nice healthy buds that are starting to fatten up nice, except these few branches that are practically doing nothing. And keep in mind these undeveloped branches are at canopy level and getting plenty of light. the only things I could guess were, 1. Minor root damage 2. Stems not big or strong enough to properly transport nutrients and hormones and all that.

the current nutrient solution I am using is the following and mixed in this order.

2 ml silica
2 ml cal mag
2 ml GH flora micro
1 ml GH flora grow
3 ml GH flora bloom
1/8 teaspoon Flower Fuel

pH: 6.0

using 1000w Led light at about 24 inches high

Anyone have any ideas??? this is far beyond me...

P.S. photos are in grow journal. Should be able to see the branches I am talking about... they are all pretty much in the middle of the canopy or around that area.

I've seen that in branches from the bottom of the plant, but if you lollipopped then I'm not sure. Silica will slow growth, but it does it uniformly to all branches, and doesn't hinder flower. Your nutes look pretty easy, your not stressing anything out. I don't know bro. Unless you see a pathogen there doesnt appear to be anything really wrong

I guess look to see where the stems originate. If they are at the bottom of say that's it. But that's a pretty flimsy explanation. If they are flowering even a little id leave em alone

I've seen that in branches from the bottom of the plant, but if you lollipopped then I'm not sure. Silica will slow growth, but it does it uniformly to all branches, and doesn't hinder flower. Your nutes look pretty easy, your not stressing anything out. I don't know bro. Unless you see a pathogen there doesnt appear to be anything really wrong

I guess look to see where the stems originate. If they are at the bottom of say that's it. But that's a pretty flimsy explanation. If they are flowering even a little id leave em alone

well yes the branches to originate somewhat at the bottom of the plant so maybe idk. but ya i'm definitely not doing anything with them, it is what it is.

I must add though, I have read from several sources that silica actually speeds up growth rate. that is why I started using it. From everything I have read on silica says that it enhances the cell walls of the plant increasing growth rate and resistance to bug and fungus attacks,enhances frost resistance, more harvest weight, stronger branches, tougher leaves, resistance to turgor pressure loss (wilting), promotes faster recovery from pruning and damage, helps resist nutrient burn and high growing medium salt content. I suppose I could be wrong but i have gotten this same information from like 5 or 6 different sources.

but all that aside, Things have improved greatly in the last 2 days. Doing another update with pics in a few minutes. Also after that update I will be starting a whole other journal for my 2 new strains blueberry twist and gorilla glue so if interested keep an eye out for that.

well yes the branches to originate somewhat at the bottom of the plant so maybe idk. but ya i'm definitely not doing anything with them, it is what it is.

I must add though, I have read from several sources that silica actually speeds up growth rate. that is why I started using it. From everything I have read on silica says that it enhances the cell walls of the plant increasing growth rate and resistance to bug and fungus attacks,enhances frost resistance, more harvest weight, stronger branches, tougher leaves, resistance to turgor pressure loss (wilting), promotes faster recovery from pruning and damage, helps resist nutrient burn and high growing medium salt content. I suppose I could be wrong but i have gotten this same information from like 5 or 6 different sources.

but all that aside, Things have improved greatly in the last 2 days. Doing another update with pics in a few minutes. Also after that update I will be starting a whole other journal for my 2 new strains blueberry twist and gorilla glue so if interested keep an eye out for

It does do all the other things you mentioned, and is as I've always said its the most under rated supplement in all of potdom. I have used Armor Si, and presently use Fasilitor. I went looking for the slowing growth info and didn't find it. But it's no secret. If your growing a sativa thats trying to leave the room Silica in a higher dose will slow growth, using it as directed doesnt. It also doesn't cause any harm at all it just allows the plant to mature without getting larger. After, you just flush and continue on. For the record I've never done it... never needed to

I'm so glad your plants are doing well. The next season sounds very interesting

Cheers

Not very kid is succesfully born.. Not every kid matures into an adult.. It is what it is..

We have problems like deer getting caught in trellis and destroying plants and trees falling on plants

Back
Top Bottom