Sorry to hear about your pest problems..I've never had to deal with pests yet. So I can't really advise.. can you not just isolate the clones and see if you can get them under control.

That's the plan. I also tossed everything else into the compost pile and have been working to do a thorough cleaning of my areas. I am also moving shortly so I really do not want to bring anything with me that has pests so I am going to try my hardest to get it under control now, especially since the clones are still relatively small and much easier to treat.

I am only going to grow cannabis and the occasional mushroom run, and stay away from all the other plants for now : )

I'll stop by your journal and do some catching up after I finish boxing up some things around the house.

Cheers mate!!

That's the plan. I also tossed everything else into the compost pile and have been working to do a thorough cleaning of my areas. I am also moving shortly so I really do not want to bring anything with me that has pests so I am going to try my hardest to get it under control now, especially since the clones are still relatively small and much easier to treat.

I am only going to grow cannabis and the occasional mushroom run, and stay away from all the other plants for now : )

I'll stop by your journal and do some catching up after I finish boxing up some things around the house.

Cheers mate!!
Good luck on the move mate.. it's a stressful time.
Don't worry about catching up in my journal. It's just a load of bollocks anyway :laugh:

Oh crap, I hate this, was just cruising by & saw bad news. Yup been there, done that - got the t-shirt.

I‘m setting up companion plants but before bringing anything into the garden I now put them in tent in quarantine and then lace them with beneficial predators 7 to 10 days before moving anything new into the grow space. Sadly all of my 2020 was hammered with fungus gnats & spider mites. I won a few times but they kept coming back. Took a page from Mochabud and am now running nematodes in soil, copied another part from Nunyabiz and doing predator mites plus rove beetles working in soil, plus earthworms and ladybugs then special blend of predator mites in foliage, these are supposed to eat hemp russet mites. I’ve gained a bunch of gray hair and lost grow time over this, now I’m finally restarting my grow.

love the melons & peppers idea but yes sir - anything can infest your grow

Oh crap, I hate this, was just cruising by & saw bad news. Yup been there, done that - got the t-shirt.

I‘m setting up companion plants but before bringing anything into the garden I now put them in tent in quarantine and then lace them with beneficial predators 7 to 10 days before moving anything new into the grow space. Sadly all of my 2020 was hammered with fungus gnats & spider mites. I won a few times but they kept coming back. Took a page from Mochabud and am now running nematodes in soil, copied another part from Nunyabiz and doing predator mites plus rove beetles working in soil, plus earthworms and ladybugs then special blend of predator mites in foliage, these are supposed to eat hemp russet mites. I’ve gained a bunch of gray hair and lost grow time over this, now I’m finally restarting my grow.

love the melons & peppers idea but yes sir - anything can infest your grow
Yes I went a bit too crazy never thinking it would happen to me and it sure as s*** has now! I'll post some macro shots of how badly they took over my melon and strawberries. The good thing is I only found a few here and there on the pot plants so hopefully they will be okay but everything else I tossed.

Wow I can't believe how long I have been away for and missed so many grows! I promise I will do some catching up soon and make some new posts here but I need to figure out what I want to do next.

I currently have a really sick plant suffering from thrips and a major spider mite infestation that I have been battling for the last month. I lost about 6-7 plants and only have this one left and she is also on her way out. Nothing seems to be working, neem, alcohol, safety 3 in 1...nothing is working! I think I'm going to scrap everything and start completely fresh but I will need to ditch all the soil I have left and buy some new fresh stuff first before I run anything. I made the mistake of adding too many plants to my grows and it finally bit me in the ass!

But I can't wait to get growing again so i will see you all soon. Cheers!

20210828_120645.jpg

Wow I can't believe how long I have been away for and missed so many grows! I promise I will do some catching up soon and make some new posts here but I need to figure out what I want to do next.

I currently have a really sick plant suffering from thrips and a major spider mite infestation that I have been battling for the last month. I lost about 6-7 plants and only have this one left and she is also on her way out. Nothing seems to be working, neem, alcohol, safety 3 in 1...nothing is working! I think I'm going to scrap everything and start completely fresh but I will need to ditch all the soil I have left and buy some new fresh stuff first before I run anything. I made the mistake of adding too many plants to my grows and it finally bit me in the ass!

But I can't wait to get growing again so i will see you all soon. Cheers!

20210828_120645.jpg

Screenshot_20210830-202211_Gallery.jpg

What’s up? Dropping any new beans?

Apologies life got busy there but I’m still hanging out
Hey 013 it's been a while! I miss being part of the community and I definitely have big plans for some grows coming up but I'm thinking I will wait to see how my current plants turns out before dropping any new beans. I still have one of the 4th generation clones holding up after the relentless onslaught by these damn spidermites and thrips! Those little bastards have made me pull some hair out thats forsure, but I have completely eradicated all the thrips and have a fairly decent control on the mites now as I am entering into 2nd week of flower. Here's a shot of the plant that has been to hell and back. She's very malnourished from the attack and a lack of proper feeding and watering and to be honest after I discovered the mites and stuff I didn't really act on treating them promptly so alot of it was my fault too, I have just been super busy from the move beginning of August and some other personal stuff came up.

I have a whole bunch of seeds still in my catalog jusy waiting to go into the dirt and for some reason starting a grow in the fall/winter months has always gave me great results so I'm looking forward to getting back in there.

20210913_154959.jpg

20210913_154845.jpg

Here's a grenade from that purple kush auto I grew a couple months back. It turned out great! I got 45 grams dry off that one stunted plant so I'm still pretty happy about it. I still have seeds from that strain so I'm going to include some of those in a future grow forsure.

20210729_112420.jpg

Here's a grenade from that purple kush auto I grew a couple months back. It turned out great! I got 45 grams dry off that one stunted plant so I'm still pretty happy about it. I still have seeds from that strain so I'm going to include some of those in a future grow forsure.

20210729_112420.jpg
Thats a beauty mate. You need to get that in for the bud of the month competition. The colours and the shape are unique..

Thats a beauty mate. You need to get that in for the bud of the month competition. The colours and the shape are unique..
Hey @Squiggle Yeah I was thinking about that too! I have some better shots showing how it turned out. Because of the stunting the plant only had like 4-5 side branches coming from the main stem so all the energy was focused on making these really fat nugs, kinda cool looking.

Hey @Squiggle Yeah I was thinking about that too! I have some better shots showing how it turned out. Because of the stunting the plant only had like 4-5 side branches coming from the main stem so all the energy was focused on making these really fat nugs, kinda cool looking.
Cool. Get them posted mate. I would love to see them. Oh! You better be quick for bud of the month. You have one day left to enter...

Cool. Get them posted mate. I would love to see them. Oh! You better be quick for bud of the month. You have one day left to enter...
Thanks mate! Just posted one now
Good luck

Hey Liqurd,

Yes I’ve been missing you but I figured life happened and you would be back soon. Wow, sorry to hear about the pests but yeah my 2020 was one bug fest after another so I know the struggle. Hey your girl doesn’t look too bad at all for a 4th gen clone that’s been hammered by mites & thrips….

I love the green grenade, pull the pin and throw a few in this direction, Just kidding!!! Same here too much crapola, not enough time. I’ve started a few plants but yeah I’m ready for cooler weather and firing off a few new beans too. I’ve kept a few green somehow in spite of being mostly absent from the grow room…. gotta correct that mistake. All right man - keep her safe and glad you are back!

@Paul Squiggle @013 Here we go again!!! Fresh new grow about to take off soon. I went a bit crazy and started too many for myself so I have a friend who is going to take a couple off my hand once they are ready to uppot. I have some Sour Diesel, Gelato glue, purple haze (a true classic) Nicole kush, Green crack and LSD.

100% germination and they all basically sprouted the same time except one that I had to do some surgery on to remove the helmet but so far they all seem happy and should grow to be some really nice plants. I decided I was going to grow from 12/12 and do a mini sea of green grow this time and experiment with some nutrients so we will see how they turn out. I'm not really sure what to expect but it will be a lot of fun to watch them grow up.

Anyways I hope you guys are doing well and stay healthy, it has been a wild past few months for me but I am ready to get growing and doing what I love.

Take care and I will have more to post soon!

Cheers mates!

20211120_103741.jpg

Hi mate, glad to see you are back at it.. looking forward to the SOG. I will be taking notes as I fancy doing that next time round...
Hope you are well..
Thanks Squiggle! It's great to be back. I see you have joined the 420 team...congrats on that :thumb: I was thinking SOG because I have alot of seeds to start using and I am curious about the yield and how long it will take from start to finish. I will have to come visit tour journals check out what you have been up to over the last couple months but I see you have a very beautiful light you ate testing out and I have to stay it looks very impressive! Can't wait to see how those ladies turn out.

Back
Top Bottom