Budget First Ever Grow - 1 Plant - CFL

What do you think my dry weight yield will Be?

• Less than 1 ounce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CriminalJedi

Hi, First time Grower here. Currently I'm 21 days into flower with my Samsara Seeds - Holy Grail 69. She broke the soil on 6th October 2015. And I flipped her on 17th November 2015.

So I guess she vedged for 6 Weeks? Right now she is 2 foot high from the medium. Lots of bud sites with fluffy white hairs.

I bought my set up for less than £220 which includes....

40 x 40 x 140 tent £40
Dimplex carbon filter fan box thing £30
Omega 300w dual spec cfl (No Shade) £40
Biobizz 20th light mix medium £10
PH Tester digital £10
Old Timers grow and bloom Nutes £25
Pots and drip trays £10
Ph up, ph down £10
4 female Lemon Kush few seeds £10
Digital thermometer/hydrometer £5
Water measuring jug £4
10ml plastic syringe £1
Yo yo hangers £5
Ram 6 inch clip on fan £15

Currently the top cola is about 1 inch above the bottom of the vertical hanging cfl bulb. I will be ordering a new 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0this weekend so I won't hae to worry about her getting too big come harvest. Noob mistake on my part, I flipped it when she was about 2 inches under one foot from medium thinking that she would only double at the most and I would still have some space between the top and the bulb.

So when I get my new tent she will have plenty of room.

Anyway, has anyone ever grown this strain before?

I have loads of pictures but not sure how to upload them, I only have a tablet?

At least another 3 weeks of vedge, meant to finish 6 to 8 weeks.

I will also be getting a 30x jewelers for about £10 and the 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent for around £100 so that would bring my total spend to £330.

I topped her once in veg and lstd her a bit. I only bought the Nutes at about the 4th week of veg and fed her 2ltr with 4 ml Nutes 3 times before I flipped her.

I let my tap war sit for 12 hours and then ph adjust to 6.0 after adding Nutes. I usually let 10% run off and when I ph checked the run off it was 5.5 so should I water about 6.5? To get a run off closer to 6? I think run off should be 5.6 - 5.9 ph but I'm not sure.

Started off in a 2ltr pot. Temps are around 22 23 Celsius during lights on and about 18 19 during night. I put a heater on near the tent at nigh for 4 hours to stop temps from dropping too much.

I kept humidity between 60 and 80 during the veg stage.

After two week from when she broke the soil I moved her into a 5 litre pot and then a week before I flipped to 12/12 from 18/6 light cycle, I moved her into a 11 litre pot which she is in now.

When I moved her into the 5 litre pot I did notice she needed some nitrogen and I bought some dried blood and added about 2 tablespoons of it to the medium as a top layer and she had a little bit of leaf burn but this went away fairly quick after a flush.

I flushed once after 3 weeks of veg and that's all.

The humidity during flower now is 55% so I will get a De humidifier for a out 30 quid to use during the last two weeks.

I'm currently watering once a week and using 4 litres of water ph at 6.0 and adding 8th of Nutes which is the minimum recommended. I'm adding Nutes every time I water.

I will flush 2 weeks before harvest, but. How do I know when she is two weeks before Harvest?

I have read Jorge cervantes grow bible front to back twice so I know a little.

Any advice or input we come by all. If anyone wants to be my mentor I would be very happy with that. Lol

Peace

WP_20151008_12_24_14_Pro.jpg
WP_20151008_12_24_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20151008_12_24_26_Pro.jpg

So this what she looked like at 2 days after first breaking through the soil.

I forgot to mention that I soaked seed in non ph'd tap water for 24 hours in a glass and then put in a moist paper towel in a open plastic bag in a dark cuboard. After another 24 hours I had a big tap root and planted the bitch root down. I misted her everyday whilst in veg and kept light 12 inches away during first 3 weeks then moved to 6 inches then 3 eventually. More pics to follow.

WP_20151208_010.jpg
WP_20151208_012.jpg
WP_20151208_024.jpg
20151205_152604.jpg
WP_20151208_017.jpg
WP_20151208_018.jpg
WP_20151208_024-1.jpg
20151209_154515.jpg
20151209_154529.jpg
20151209_154606.jpg
20151209_154553.jpg
20151209_154549.jpg
20151209_154627.jpg
20151209_154903.jpg
20151209_154720.jpg
20151209_155016.jpg
20151209_155047.jpg
20151209_154745.jpg
20151209_155104.jpg
20151209_1550541.jpg
20151209_155057.jpg
20151209_155113.jpg
20151209_155133.jpg
20151209_155918.jpg
20151209_162547.jpg
20151209_155330.jpg
20151209_155126.jpg
20151209_155245.jpg
20151209_155824.jpg
20151209_162600.jpg

Photos are from 08 12 15 and from 09 12 15 and the reason they look different colour is because I used two different cameras, the better quality camera shows a lighter green.

Above is my set up. I need a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m text which she will be in next week. Right now the top is about an inch above the bottom of the grow light so had to move light to corner of tent.

I need advice on when to start flushing and if I should get some calls Mag? I'm using organic so do I need to Flush?

Is it the resin glands that I should inspect with a jewelers 30x lens or is it the Hairs? Forgot their name. I know it should be milky cloudy but how Milky?

What kind of yield can I expect from Her? Anything more than 2 ounces and I will be very happy for my first attempt at 1 plant with sub a cheap set up.

The thermometer that shows 27 Celsius is situated at the top of the tent and the one that showed 22.5 is kept at ottoman of tent so I guess 24 25 is average temp during lights on. Also there is a good air flow due to the fan I have outside the intake vent which does not put in more than the fan at the top is putting out. The fan box that sits on top has a carbon filter in it and pretty much takes away all the smell. She has started to get smellier by the day. When I rotate her every morning, I turn off all fans and open tent and I just love the smell. But when fans are on and tent is closed I can't smell anything so it does ok. Maybe when she is ready to harvest it might not handle the smell.

I keep a windows slightly open so that a nice draft gets in, my extractor fan in bathroom stays on low 247 so I don't have stage air in my house.

So, any opinions, good and bad, very welcome.

Please someone give me some judgement or any tips ect, I would love to know what you think I might end up with yield wise. It is all for personal use to help with my severe depression and anxiety.

Will she keep on growing until harvest, height Wise?

Anyone ever used samsara Seeds? Or ever had Holy Grail 69?

Should I get some cal mag?

When should I start Flushing?

Do I need to Flush with Organic?

What do I inspect for peak Ripeness to Harvest? Resin Glands?

Do I chop her all at once or just the top cola then the rest in Stages?

What is optimal humidity during Flowering?

What is optimal temp and humidity when Drying?

Do I remove all leaves when Drying?

Should it not see any light once Chopped?

How long should I cure for , if At all?

And finally, do you like my first ever Plant?

Sorry for being a noob, and for all the noob questions.

Peace, I'll be back.

Seriously guys, any input at all will be greatly appreciated. I have never grown before and don't personally know anyone who does.

Can anyone see any deficiency in Her? Any answers to any of my questions will help a lot.

Thanks for looking anyway, anyone recommend a grow journal for me to See?

Hey CJ,

You are aware every question you are asking has been covered a million times on this site already right? All you have to do is go up to Grow room and click on that. a menu will appear. Pick either How to grow marijuana or frequently asked questions. It is not that I do not want to help you, but I am a 2 finger typer and it is silly for me to type it all out when it has been covered a thousand times already.

If you still can not find an answer to a question feel free to ask

Oh I almost forgot to mention great job so far, your ladies look healthy and happy.:thumb:

Yeah I have pretty much answered all my own questions anyway just by reading this site.
But people have different opinions. I have seen some say you don't need to Flush if using organics and some say always flush. And basically I'm still not sure when to start Flushing? I know 2 weeks before harvest but, what is the best way to know when you are 2 weeks away from peak Ripeness? I just don't want to Flush too soon and see that my buds need another 4 weeks and not two.

Apart from that can you guess what I would achieve weight Wise?

Thanks for the response and glad you think she looks healthy and happy, made my day.

Peace

Sent from my SM-T110 using 420

Yeah I have pretty much answered all my own questions anyway just by reading this site.
But people have different opinions. I have seen some say you don't need to Flush if using organics and some say always flush. And basically I'm still not sure when to start Flushing? I know 2 weeks before harvest but, what is the best way to know when you are 2 weeks away from peak Ripeness? I just don't want to Flush too soon and see that my buds need another 4 weeks and not two.

Apart from that can you guess what I would achieve weight Wise?

Thanks for the response and glad you think she looks healthy and happy, made my day.

Peace

1st things 1st, finish this harvest, from what I see on your plant you are no where close to harvest. When you take pictures of the buds, take from the top like you did but also from the side. The top view limits what you can see. So how many days ago did you flip her into 12/12 lighting?
It is pretty safe to say that if your plant is an indica strain or indica dominate, 8 weeks is pretty close to what you will grow, for sativa , and sativa dominate, bump that up to anywhere from 9 to 14 weeks before they are ripe.
Then your going to need to know, are you looking for a heady high or a stoney high. if you want a heady high where your cleaning house and active, wait till all the trichomes are all milky white and as soon as you start seeing amber colored trichomes, cut her down. Now if you want a stoney high, couch lock or great for crashing out at the end of a day, grow until 50% of the trichomes turn amber. It really is not something someone can tell you, yeah this is going to be perfect for you, it is something I can get you in the ballpark but to find perfect for you , you will have to figure that one out on your own.
Unless you went into flower like 2 weeks ago, this is to late to use on this grow, but if you want better buds, research Lolli-popping.
Hope that gives you a little info to get you going in the right direction.
Oh and as for flushing, there is no right way or wrong way, there is only YOUR way. Find what works for you, pick a method, stick by it and own it. If you are unhappy with the results then maybe then consider trying something different. Learn how to red your plant. When you water, look real close at her, see how her leaves are limp and drooping, then look at her again an hour after you water her, her leaves are perky and reaching for the light. no more limp stems on those fan leaves. That is your plant talking to you. Learn to listen to her.

Do you know what your plant is? is it a indica, sativa, or hybrid? and if a hybrid do you know which is dominate. Some of your pictures the leaves look long and thin, that indicates a sativa, but I also saw some shorter wide broad leaves, and that indicates indica. It is possible it is a hybrid. When you look at your plant, are the majority of leaves long and thin or short and broad.
Also, how long has it been since you flipped the plant to a 12/12 cycle. # of days please.

Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated.

She is a hybrid. 65% saliva 35% indica.

Herbies seedbank stated 60 to 70 days flowering.

I flipped her on 18.11.15. She is 21 days into flower today.

I have researched lollipop and I did remove about 8 small branches from the bottom during the first week of flowering, I probably should of done it in veg but read that it was ok to do a bit in the first two weeks of flowering.

I will try to take more pictures tomorrow with all angles of the top cola. Currently in her dark cycle now.

I guess I should start flushing at day 55 but she might not be ready by the 7th day of flower. This what I'm unsure about because I don't know how long she is gonna take.

70 days is ten weeks. I was thinking 69 days might be the right time to flower for, because it's called holy grail 69.

Hopefully it will finish between 60 and 70 days of flower like the seedbank stated.

I have already learnt so much just by growing this 1 plant.

I plan on getting a 4x4 with a 600w hps mh and doing about 6 plant for my second grow. Didn't want to spend 500 quid just to learn I can't grow a nice bud, that's why I went with this super cheap 1 plant setup.

I'm just getting a bit anxious, not even halfway through flowering yet but I don't want to mess her up by doing something stupid like flushing her a month too soon, lol.

Peace

Weight wise I can take a stab at it but please do not hold me to it, it is just a guess. With out knowing how dense the buds are. I would guess you will get more then an ounce but probably not more then 2. You may be close to two though. You did not top your plant so you only have 1 main cola. The main colas are where you get the weight. When you top a plant, you loose the main but gain 2 in its place, so now you get 2 colas instead of just 1. What you are shooting for is 6 to 8 main colas if you can by topping the branches.
with the plant you have now, you have the main cola and some loose buds which most will be popcorn buds down lower.
Do not think that because they are popcorn buds they are not good, they smoke just as well as a dense bud, they just weigh a lot less per bud.

The time to harvest, is very dependent on you. How well youve done to provide her a happy living enviroment. Sometimes unexpected shit happens and can delay our ladies.

That said, it looks like youve been doing a fine job, shes very healthy and happy looking.:goodjob:

Weight wise I can take a stab at it but please do not hold me to it, it is just a guess. With out knowing how dense the buds are. I would guess you will get more then an ounce but probably not more then 2. You may be close to two though. You did not top your plant so you only have 1 main cola. The main colas are where you get the weight. When you top a plant, you loose the main but gain 2 in its place, so now you get 2 colas instead of just 1. What you are shooting for is 6 to 8 main colas if you can by topping the branches.
with the plant you have now, you have the main cola and some loose buds which most will be popcorn buds down lower.
Do not think that because they are popcorn buds they are not good, they smoke just as well as a dense bud, they just weigh a lot less per bud.
Thanks man, I know there is no way to know, just wanted to hear a guess.

I thought I did top her just once at about the 5th or 6th node. Maybe I just fimd her not sure.

Because I'm using cfl, I read that a staggered Harvest would be good to allow the lower bud to fatten up one I top the main cola.

I was thinking of, when ready, to top the main cola, then lower the light and give her another week just to see if the popcorn buds get bigger in that extra week, closer to light.

But I'm not sure if this damages her or not or if I should do that.

I didn't want to make her wide because the tent is only 40cm wide and as of now she is cramped in there.

I plan on doing lots of lst and topping on my next grow and also leave half alone to compare for myself.

I don't really care how much I yield, just want to be able to make a nice bud to smoke to myself. But I hope it's more than 2 oz.

Thanks for the input.

The time to harvest, is very dependent on you. How well youve done to provide her a happy living enviroment. Sometimes unexpected shit happens and can delay our ladies.

That said, it looks like youve been doing a fine job, shes very healthy and happy looking.:goodjob:
Thanks a lot, always good to hear people who think she looks healthy.

I guess I must of done something right aaaaayyy.

Peace man

K just because the seed company says 60 to 70 days, that is just a estimate, it could be a week earlier, or even a week later. Yu have to go by the Pistils and most importantly the Trichomes. As to when is perfect to harvest that is up to you. You want a stoney high or a heady high.
If you are trying to get a good time to start the final flush, use the pistils, when about 60 to 70% are brown, go straight water till the end. If unsure, go 50%. It will not hurt the plant one bit if you flush an extra 3 days

Have you been feeding your plant any nutrients? and if so how much per week.

Back
Top Bottom