Elevated Lighting Company Grow Light Discussion

It has the red in it. We are looking at coming out with a 140 design but we also have a slimmer designed board setup we are looking at.
I'll take a look... Are the BD dimensions on your site...for just the plain bd

Yes if we do a six board design, it would be multiple drivers.

The main problem, is making a light that is easy to assemble and provides adequate coverage without creating a monster system to hang and manage.

With the 288s with sinks it would be better, easier, for two separate lights, frames, for sure

I'll take a look... Are the BD dimensions on your site...for just the plain bd
the kit dimensions are the board dimensions. Just ignore the height of the kit. That includes the driver.

With the 288s with sinks it would be better, easier, for two separate lights, frames, for sure
We dont have the boards listed individually yet. We plan to have everything listed by month end. We do sell them currently though.

We dont have the boards listed individually yet. We plan to have everything listed by month end. We do sell them currently though.

Ok

I'd primarily want just bds....

Sold individual or in pr or 4 of them?

Maybe PM me $$$ or.... Is it better to email ya

Ok

I'd primarily want just bds....

Sold individual or in pr or 4 of them?

Maybe PM me $$$ or.... Is it better to email ya

We sell them individually. Please email us and we can get you everything you need.

We will have them listed on the site soon, we have been getting the heatsinks and drivers listed first. We will add all the boards in the coming days.

They are nice, no sinks needed... Plus ability to get closer to the plants
I have some of the 120bds in 4000k and 3000k I use in my alternate or overflow area when needed
And a pair of the 288s in my veg tent now...they need the sinks for sure

These are all 2700k bds.

It is in my journal..but here are two quick pics since my lights are still on now

0120201732.jpg
0120201732_HDR.jpg

I'm redoing the frame to add two bds down the center, l to r

Someday....lol

A 6 bd light with sinks would be a bit tuffer... But if each bd and sink was seperate... The weight , I think, would be much less
Can you please tell me what size tent you have and how much those lights affect the inside temp over ambient room temp with drivers outside tent(which I believe is your set up?) ? Did you happen to know difference with drivers inside the tent too?
I have a 5x9 but still running a few 1000watt hps and gonna take the plunge to leds. I know the leds will run way cooler but we have temp under control with enclosed hoods and a big dedicated fan. I wonder alot about temp difference when all I will be able to do to cool the tent with leds is thru the seperate filter that draws the tent out.

What size space do you have?
We can build the 4 board kit with two separate drivers.

Well I have up to 1000 sq/ft but I'm limited by plant count so I'm currently using a 4' x 4' tent.

My original idea was to have the 4 light built with two drivers even though I only need one but now that a six light was mentioned and I saw @Chris Scorpio 6 board light I believe that would work better when alternating. Do you have any plans to provide the series 3+ red spec as a board only?

Well I have up to 1000 sq/ft but I'm limited by plant count so I'm currently using a 4' x 4' tent.

My original idea was to have the 4 light built with two drivers even though I only need one but now that a six light was mentioned and I saw @Chris Scorpio 6 board light I believe that would work better when alternating. Do you have any plans to provide the series 3+ red spec as a board only?

Yes. They should be listed tomorrow. All our boards will be listed by the end of the week.

For the 4 x 4, the 500w red spec fits that space perfectly :)

And apologies everyone if my messages come off short or in pieces today. My phone is acting up.

For the 4 x 4, the 500w red spec fits that space perfectly :)

I do have a upcoming 4.5' x 7.5' grow room build :)

I’m thinking a six board with one row running two boards and the other running one and alternating would get nice all around coverage.

I look forward to the boards and heat sinks being listed on your site.

I do have a upcoming 4.5' x 7.5' grow room build :)

I’m thinking a six board with one row running two boards and the other running one and alternating would get nice all around coverage.

I look forward to the boards and heat sinks being listed on your site.

Heatsinks are listed. We will get the red spec listed tomorrow along with other boards ... hopefully as long as nothing throws a wrench in it lol

Series 3 boards are listed for anyone interested, thanks @Budget LED

Yes they are being listed today. Pricing may change. Still trying to confirm a few things with the team.

Yes they are being listed today. Pricing may change. Still trying to confirm a few things with the team.

I like $Free99

But that's just me

Lol

Im seriously considering looking at a series 3 red spec 500 watt vs Spider Farmer 4000.

I like the fact how tidy the Spider farmer board wiring is covered and the water proof polymer spray. I dont like that the dimmer to the Meanwell driver is mounted underneath.

Do you have any plans on covering that wiring or applying the water proof coating in the future?

Im seriously considering looking at a series 3 red spec 500 watt vs Spider Farmer 4000.

I like the fact how tidy the Spider farmer board wiring is covered and the water proof polymer spray. I dont like that the dimmer to the Meanwell driver is mounted underneath.

Do you have any plans on covering that wiring or applying the water proof coating in the future?
Thanks for considering us.

We can coat the boards now. However, what the company you are referring to doesnt tell you is the spectrum/ppfd is different after they coat it. I believe they were caught by Migro with it. The coating causes the diodes to shift focus to blue and less on red. It mainly happens when a cheap coating is applied. The one we have been testing isnt cheap and would drive the cost of our kits WAY up. Right now, the LM301H already has anti-sulfurization (water resistant) properties. We recently shifted our focus on researching lenses as an alternative. We will do one or the other in the coming months as we move to a completely new designed kit for commercial applications.

Regarding the molex cover, we will incorporate one soon if we dont go with lenses.

Here is our built Series 3 Red Spec for example. It comes fully built. For warranty work, we do everything here in MI. Not sure on the other and if it needs to be shipped back to China for warranty service.

20200120_210821.jpg

20200120_143131.jpg

FYI, We post live videos of our spectrum test on IG. We will also show the alterations after the coating soon.

Lastly, in no way am I trying to be arguementive, just stating what is known publicly and through our internal testing of their kits versus ours.

Attachments

• 20200120_210821.jpg
    20200120_210821.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 97
Thanks for considering us.

We can coat the boards now. However, what the company you are referring to doesnt tell you is the spectrum/ppfd is different after they coat it. I believe they were caught by Migro with it. The coating causes the diodes to shift focus to blue and less on red. It mainly happens when a cheap coating is applied. The one we have been testing isnt cheap and would drive the cost of our kits WAY up. Right now, the LM301H already has anti-sulfurization (water resistant) properties. We recently shifted our focus on researching lenses as an alternative. We will do one or the other in the coming months as we move to a completely new designed kit for commercial applications.

Regarding the molex cover, we will incorporate one soon if we dont go with lenses.

Here is our built Series 3 Red Spec for example. It comes fully built. For warranty work, we do everything here in MI. Not sure on the other and if it needs to be shipped back to China for warranty service.

20200120_210821.jpg

20200120_143131.jpg

FYI, We post live videos of our spectrum test on IG. We will also show the alterations after the coating soon.

Lastly, in no way am I trying to be arguementive, just stating what is known publicly and through our internal testing of their kits versus ours.
In no way did that come off as argumentive and thanks for the timely response. Food for thought.

We have been getting quite a few questions recently so we will address the FAQ here:

Does assembly add any cost to a light if a customer requests it? Currently, for 420 Mag members it does not add any cost. Our 65w, 120w Full Spec, All 250w SQ designs, and the 480 / 500 kits already come fully assembled. You just need to hang. For all other kits, it is two wire connections and mounting the driver to the heatsink.

Do you know how much extra cost there is to ship to Canada? It varies. Some customers pay more than others. Very few customers have given us feedback on all in cost with duties and taxes. We currently offer a flat rate shipping to Canada ($29.99 USD). We are working on Canadian distribution. The Canadian tax authorities are being a PITA right now.

Can you customize a kit so the driver can be mounted outside the tent and does it add cost? Yes we can and it does not add any cost for 420 mag members. When this is done, we lengthen the led wiring connection to the desired length. We can still fully assemble the light however you may need to disconnect the driver connection to unwind the wiring. You still will need an area to mount the driver (screws and what not are not included). We suggestion a simple cookie sheet with a cookie rack to set it on. Then point a small 6" fan on the driver to keep it cool. Keeping it cool will increase the performance and life of the driver.

Do you coat the LED diodes? Currently no we do not. We have the capability but it impacts performance and it also makes a future repair a real pain if it came to that. We have found through testing, as long as you are not showing inside your grow space, the LED's last a long time. At some point we will offer it or will offer a lenses. Both are in testing now. Our Series 3 LED's come with anti-sulfurization (water resistant).

Where do you ship from and service from? Michigan, USA. Any communications, light building, servicing, and shipping is done in Michigan. If you are getting late night responses, it is because we take turns at who manages our social media in the evening. More than likely though on here (99% of the time), you are talking to Justin. Justin is one of the owners (and currently the President) of Budget LED and very passionate about the cannabis industry.

Where did the name Budget LED come from? When we started, it was kind of a play on the word "quantum" and combining our desire to offer the best LED grow light someone could buy with their "Budget".

Back
Top Bottom