Elevated Lighting Company Grow Light Discussion

Just has to be hosted somewhere........

here is some more info....

Yes you can design a light bro, I love my 120 and 130 watter. Next couple of grows ill save some money and grab one of those 350 from you. Definitely would like to see some video's

I am interested in both of these strans so I am asking your thoughts. Assuming you grw them out...

Aces Malawi x Panama v/s Kali Mist
Does v/s mean versus?

don't know what to get the 3000K or 3400K in the 260- full cycle ------ (have series 2 red spec 3400k) may be the 3000K to get a deeper flower being's it the full cycle board or have both board the same ??

As far as I know the series 3+ full sepc only comes in 3500K. Best to double check with @Budget LED to be sure though.

I would just use both lights either in the same grow area or two separate ones and figure out how best to organise the grow so that production increased. I am not a pro here but I would wait to use the series 2 til they flowered only because it's red spec, not to say it wouldnt help along the veg but the plants may be a little confused as what to do, or use it on the side to get light to the lower branches but I feel you could be more effiecent than that with it some where else. Again I am no pro here! Just thoughts based on what I have read. Try different things out and see what works best for you! This is one of the many great things about having your own grow =]

Greetings to all! I purchased a Series 3+ Red Spec SQ2 250w 3500k Dimmable light some time ago but due to a medical condition that arose the grow did not grow as planned and so I'm back to square one looking for some advice as well. Budget LED sent me a five page printout which included on the final page the distances which they suggested seedling 30 to 36 inches vegetative 24 gradually lowering to 18 and for flowering 12 to 18. All strains and plants being different and remembering these are only guidelines. My question is how do you utilize the dimmer? 25% 50% 75% 100% at each respective height? I'm looking for what Budget LED suggests? what works for you? Thanks to all.

Greetings to all! I purchased a Series 3+ Red Spec SQ2 250w 3500k Dimmable light some time ago but due to a medical condition that arose the grow did not grow as planned and so I'm back to square one looking for some advice as well. Budget LED sent me a five page printout which included on the final page the distances which they suggested seedling 30 to 36 inches vegetative 24 gradually lowering to 18 and for flowering 12 to 18. All strains and plants being different and remembering these are only guidelines. My question is how do you utilize the dimmer? 25% 50% 75% 100% at each respective height? I'm looking for what Budget LED suggests? what works for you? Thanks to all.
you can set at 24 in veg and let the plant grow into it - I find that 15 inches is the "sweet spot" for flower

@Reddot55

The dimmer is the knob that turns the brightness of the light up and down you can place it really anywhere on the light. I assume you know this already but lets start with step one =]

You can have the light all the way down calling this zero making a mark on a stationary object close to the knob. Turn it all the way up again making that mark. From there you can roughly get 50%, 25% and 75%.

I just realized that this probably isn't what you are asking lol.

Dimmer wise I would go at 100% maybe 75 but I haven't used mine yet. I may go 50% for germination/seedlings. What size grow space are you in? It's rated for a 4x4 veg or 3x3 flower so 75 - 100 SHOULD be okay for seedling and veg. I think 100 would be ideal for flowering.

I'm growing in a 3x3 tent-first time with an LED, I do have some experience with a HPS light. And yes I know what the dimmer is I was just wondering how best to utilize the dimmer i.e. run in at 100% all the time with the exception of the seedlings, start off at a lower setting and gradually build up intensity over several days-just wondering how best to use this feature-what the purpose of it is? If that makes things any clearer. Thanks again in advance.

It does for sure. After I typed the above out I realized it wasn't what you were asking but just in case I left it. Also, if someone else needed it there it is =]

I would say you have the right idea. Start out at 50 - 75 maybe even thirty and as they grow slowly intensify the light. Bringing it closer and turning the light up should be an interesting balancing act but as long as your plants don't droop or bleach out you should be good.

When I get around to using mine I will will start at 50 - 75 and bring it up to 100 before I start lowering just so they are used to the light at 100.

Nice intro Justin and as a current customer and user of your 120W and 500W Kits I must say I’m thoroughly pleased with the light output and quality of the lights themselves!

Starting my young plants under this 120W kit I have seen impressive foliage growth as well as increased branching and size! Overall health of the plants is fantastic and they love soaking up this light! I’m eager to transplant and get them flowering under the 500W kit to really showcase these beautiful and powerful lights using top quality parts!

I will be doing some training and stuff today of the girls under the 120W kit so I’ll be sure to post some pictures of how they are progressing as well as the girth on their main stalks and branches!! It’s impressive!!

This was the Pheno group 3 girls last week before I left on vacation.

Then this is the girls this morning soaking up all the light from the 120W Kit! You can see those thick indica leaves showing off and getting big! The training and defoliation today will help open them all up!

For the training pictures and the process of the quadline head over to my journal and check it out!

For anyone in the market to buy a light with top end parts, and outstanding customer service I wouldn’t look any further than @BudgetLED

Justin will go out of his way to help you and and make sure your light is everything you would expect!

** I want to mention I run both MarsHydro and BudgetLED lighting and I’ll be able to better compare in a little while once I’m further into my grow!

Stay Medicated

Very interested to hear/read your thoughts on the comparison of Mars and BudgetLED.

don't know what to get the 3000K or 3400K in the 260- full cycle ------ (have series 2 red spec 3400k) may be the 3000K to get a deeper flower being's it the full cycle board or have both board the same ??
Which light are you looking at? The new full spec is fixed and only available in one option.

As others have said, normally 3000k is primarily a flower light and 3500k is used as full cycle.

Hey! Hope you are feeling better after the medical issues. In our testing, 36" at 50% for seedlings. After about 14 days, lower the light to 24" and gradually increase power each week until you reach full power.

As you begin flower, gradually lower the light over a 2 week period to 18". As you get deeper in flower (4 - 5 weeks), keep the light at about 16" for optimal results.

@Budget LED You just have to load it up into YouTube ( if you have one) then post the link to it and it’ll show up as a video, for example purpose only.
Ah ok! Thank you! We are starting a YouTube soon. Just been too busy to work on it. Its my project haha.

Back
Top Bottom